Dave something.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So is anyone going to interview the new Chairman,has he even said hello ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

There was a 2 page interview in the programme Saturday
Richie

And a good read too!
ARNU

Is that the only way he communicates then ? All the no-mark loaneas,even the ground staff give a daggers player interview the same day they get off the bus.Hes had the job a few months should have said something by now.
I stopped buying the programmes as I got 100's of em clogging up my spare room as it is.Might donate 'em to the programme shop 1 day.
Mike the Dagger

I don't recall Dave Andrews being much for major interviews either.

I tell you what though, why don't you get Piers Morgan on it, Life Stories.

Or you could go buy him a beer in the clubhouse and have a chat.

I'm sure the programme shop would be very happy to take your collection though.
ARNU

Wouldn't have hurt him to do a Daggers player interview in his first few weeks.He can disappear behind the scenes until we are all chanting "get him out" then.I shouldn't have to go searching for him round bars should I ? Its a minor but never the less rather indelicate oversight.I now think he don't give a shit and I don't even know his name.Is it Dave ?? What do I care ?
Daggers No 2 Fan

How many chairman of football clubs give interviews for the supporters. Are there any?
Most chairman couldn't even be approached in the club bar.

Dave Bennett has been involved with the club for a long time. If you don't know his name, it says a lot more about you than it does him.
NickMurphy

ARNU wrote:I now think he don't give a shit and I don't even know his name.Is it Dave ?? What do I care ?
Stop moaning then.
ARNU

All this hostility.

I just think if you are the new chairman its a good idea that you introduce yourself.In any other business it is a professional move that would hurt nobody.It creates a good impression dosent it ? I did say minor oversight.I stick by it.

It seems you have to be a raging alcoholic and frequent bars to get to speak to these people.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:How many chairman of football clubs give interviews for the supporters. Are there any?
Most chairman couldn't even be approached in the club bar.

Dave Bennett has been involved with the club for a long time. If you don't know his name, it says a lot more about you than it does him.
Says nothing about me other than I spotted a public relations mistake.Maybe that's how you run a plumbing company.
ARNU

Is he one of these blokes who sits in the little box eating his carvery while were all standing in the rain ? Dunno nothing about him. Why ? He aint introduced himself ! Might be a nice bloke for all I know.
Richie

The chairman does pretty much nothing does he not? Just a title, Tommo runs the club on a day to day basis.
ARNU

Richie wrote:The chairman does pretty much nothing does he not? Just a title, Tommo runs the club on a day to day basis.
Yeah I get that Richie but it wouldn't hurt just a little intro purely on a professional/public relations basis.I got my haters queueing up here defending something that was a little bit of a public relations mistake.They cant see it obviously.In the future,you know when we're all hanging on trying not to be relegated,he'll come out of the woodwork then imploring us to get behind the team (like we aint already by the way)and some of us will go "Who the ****** is he anyway".

Im trying to put it a bit blatantly to create conversation but dosent anyone else find it a bit odd ?
matt_drfc

Couldn't give a shit tbh
Daggers No 2 Fan

I can't think of any other business where the Chairman would introduce himself to the customers.
I note that there was no answer to he question about other club chairmen giving interviews.

Given that only one person seems bothered by it, I can't see how it's a public relation issue. As usual arnu has decided to get himself all worked up about nothing and doesn't like others pointing out that its nothing. So very predictable.