FGR vDaggers Live on Radio

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
easthamdagger

Listening on daggers player in Florida, the best reception I have had in months
DI Mike Dashwood

From poolside at the Newport Bay Hotel it sounded like we were better side in last 30 mins, and that was with Radio Glos commentators.

Great result I would say and that horrendous looking October is now out the way. Enjoy the cup game next week and then we can press on in League
Lcbdagger

Can't possibly argue with the last week, even if the goal against Macclesfield was very late... great result today and sounded well deserved
Dagdale

Pretty entertaining game today and thought the result was about right, a penalty should have come their way maybe first half but lino was right there facing it and a waiver, they created a lot on going forward but thankfully their finishing was a bit naff, looked like they upped a gear after oranges, they took the lead eventually, didn't quite catch it all but seemed Murphy got credited by it although lads around me said a deflection, but bringing Heard on I thought really pushed us on well and getting quite impressed with him, Ling too, didn't quite think Benno looked fully fit, but when we came back in it whoever crossed it from the right flank perfect and great lean back header by the Hawk and deservedly 1 each, and it was in the air a bit whether which team would make the perfect finish and score but walking out we all settled for that result. Don't think in 40 years plus footie history have I ever quite been to a ground like this, very neat and compact but talk about out in the sticks, but the Cotswolds is real England, so scenic, the only way in and out technically, the high hill lane and bottle neck getting out was a right calamity, but a real friendly crowd and those veggie pies a must with the curry sauce, only downer I thought the stewards were over acting a bit, maybe to be fair two sides to a story but there will always be a heavy bit of tension released in crowds and swearing. Certainly an enjoyable day although a bit of a slog of a drive, to turn up here without would be pretty awesome task by public transport running along the lines of Oxford, nearly 200 of us today well done, were still up there guys!
stanton101

Dagdale wrote:Pretty entertaining game today and thought the result was about right, a penalty should have come their way maybe first half but lino was right there facing it and a waiver, they created a lot on going forward but thankfully their finishing was a bit naff, looked like they upped a gear after oranges, they took the lead eventually, didn't quite catch it all but seemed Murphy got credited by it although lads around me said a deflection, but bringing Heard on I thought really pushed us on well and getting quite impressed with him, Ling too, didn't quite think Benno looked fully fit, but when we came back in it whoever crossed it from the right flank perfect and great lean back header by the Hawk and deservedly 1 each, and it was in the air a bit whether which team would make the perfect finish and score but walking out we all settled for that result. Don't think in 40 years plus footie history have I ever quite been to a ground like this, very neat and compact but talk about out in the sticks, but the Cotswolds is real England, so scenic, the only way in and out technically, the high hill lane and bottle neck getting out was a right calamity, but a real friendly crowd and those veggie pies a must with the curry sauce, only downer I thought the stewards were over acting a bit, maybe to be fair two sides to a story but there will always be a heavy bit of tension released in crowds and swearing. Certainly an enjoyable day although a bit of a slog of a drive, to turn up here without would be pretty awesome task by public transport running along the lines of Oxford, nearly 200 of us today well done, were still up there guys!
Don't mean to be picky mate, but heard didn't play. However Sam ling did, and did very well. Special praise for Justham who kept us in the game with some fine saves. But for me personally, my motm was Joe widdowson. And where they got only 180 daggers fans from, was a joke, more like 250 I reckon. Lovely pitch by the way, but too far out in the sticks for my liking. And their chips were shit.
Last edited by stanton101 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daggernewbie

easthamdagger wrote:Listening on daggers player in Florida, the best reception I have had in months
Great hope hope you enjoyed listening to the game..
easthamdagger

If it's the new equipment that was mentioned that made the reception clearer then it was money well spent.