Shrimpys view

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
shrimperama

Firstly , well played daggers.

I still maintain that you are the best team we have faced this season. We weren't at our best on the night but I think it was because you had so much pace we couldn't attack the way we usually do.

I think Hines and elito and also Norris are a handful.

It has to be said the conditions we really poor but the pitch looked cracking.

We must now beat Newport Friday to stay in the pack.

I'm not sure why your not up there with us but you play some decent stuff and not many teams will take 4 points from us.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good game and draw was right on the night , both sides seemed to agree on the that

Southend always looked a threat but at the seasons end I firmly believe that results like last night will mean that both sides will be playing each other next year.

When we played you earlier in the season I think I commented at the time that up to that point you had not scored enough goals. Tuesday evening one goal should have been enough for us to take all the points but another stupid defensive mistake cost us. As well as you played I cant recall Chris Lewington being kept to busy in our goal and would fully expect him to deal with everything that he did.

On our part it is only our defence that has cost us this year and the points that we are currently short of the Play offs have been chucked away . You only have to look at our last three games and see some of the soft goals we have conceded . We came out of those games with 2 points defend better and that would have been 7.

We have also lost to at least three very poor teams in York Torquay and Portsmouth. All those defeats could and should have been avoided . Some dubious officiating has also cost us in recent weeks a clear goal not given against Fleetwood and last night Murphy is in the very least unlucky to be a judged offside .

However It is for the reason previously stated why I think we will only have to wait until next season to cross swords again,both teams are soft in vital areas.The only difference being that they are at the opposite end of the pitch.

No doubt you will argue that you have scored just as many as us but with a defensive record like yours you have fired to many blanks. Our ability to score in almost every game has been violated by only keeping 5 clean sheets.

At the seasons end both of us will look back at games, you will be thinking if we had scored there and we will be thinking if we had not let that in there.

Something's you cant hide from how ever way you wish to slice it.
Lcbdagger

We will be mid table this season. Southend will finish just outside playoffs. Def two more games next season
shrimperama

Have to disagree there.

We are just Four points off top spot and have been right up there this season throughout.

Daggers are where they are for a reason. As for poor officiating we have been on the end of some shockers and have conceded s quite a few goals in injury time.

It's true we haven't scored that many but we still have one of the top goalscorers in the league in our side in Hurst and with Freddy corr and now Barnard we have a class too three.

With two gone out this week I think we will sign a winger and defender with former millwall captain Paul Robinson looking like coming in this week I still think we will be right up there all season.

We have beaten fleewtood and hammered chesterfield twice this season and apart from Newport away we haven't been badly beaten by anyone. We are 9 unbeaten in the league.

There is also an 8 point gap outside of the play offs.

We might not be automatics at the end of the season but it would be a monumental collapse for us to not be in the playoffs.

We have Mansfield Torquay and Northampton coming up to give us the opportunity to move further clear.

Teams are where they are for a reason at this stage. Daggers in my opinion should be higher but your not.
ARNU

Mansfield Torquay and Northampton are no mugs though and you disregard them as opponents at your peril.Last time I looked all 3 were fighting relegation battles and that is normally a better incentive for the players to win than keeping in the top 7.I see Newport held you to a no score draw at home last night.We'll be playing you next season and you know it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !