Last night's meeting

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Gotta say diggerdagger1 youve overstepped the mark there,got nothing to do with you how Len voted.
diggerdagger1

Ian c ......pardon? Len voted for tamplin and have no problem with that. If you look at what Len said it is most interesting. On two occasions Len has had to vote maybe reluctantly for a merger and tamplin because the alternative does not bear thinking about. Len if I have upset you or offended you I aplOlogise and the same goes for you Ian. All 3 of us were at the meeting last night. What worried me was no accounts produced fudged reply re the £200000 and tamplin's agressive manner at times. He even said at one time perhaps I am not coming across right then his lawyer took over
Chigwellian

Sounds like too many of the members are just 'yes' men.
And accept anything that is put in front of them..... Or not as last night seems to proof.
IanC

diggerdagger1 wrote:Ian c ......pardon? Len voted for tamplin and have no problem with that. If you look at what Len said it is most interesting. On two occasions Len has had to vote maybe reluctantly for a merger and tamplin because the alternative does not bear thinking about. Len if I have upset you or offended you I aplOlogise and the same goes for you Ian. All 3 of us were at the meeting last night. What worried me was no accounts produced fudged reply re the £200000 and tamplin's agressive manner at times. He even said at one time perhaps I am not coming across right then his lawyer took over
Mate no apology needed to me,the post just didn't sit pretty
len

diggerdagger1 wrote:Ian c ......pardon? Len voted for tamplin and have no problem with that. If you look at what Len said it is most interesting. On two occasions Len has had to vote maybe reluctantly for a merger and tamplin because the alternative does not bear thinking about. Len if I have upset you or offended you I aplOlogise and the same goes for you Ian. All 3 of us were at the meeting last night. What worried me was no accounts produced fudged reply re the £200000 and tamplin's agressive manner at times. He even said at one time perhaps I am not coming across right then his lawyer took over
I am not offended by your comments as it is a very emotive subject. The reason I became a member many years ago was so that I had some small say it want went on with the club that has been my life for many years, and not many supporters of other clubs can say that. It does come to the time however, that reluctantly, things have to change in order to move forward. I now hope that whatever decision is made everyone gets behind it.
Alan

Radical idea. Given that you have to be a season ticket holder to become a member, why not include membership application option on season ticket application?
Chigwellian

Now we are in the process of NOT being a members club anymore, becoming a member becomes irrelevant.
Auntie Merge

Chigwellian wrote:Now we are in the process of NOT being a members club anymore, becoming a member becomes irrelevant.
The members will still own 26.5% of the shares.

The Tamplin deal can still fall through in the next two months. Given that he has admitted he gets bored, and has already pulled out of at least one football club purchase, I wouldn't be surprised if he will pull out of another, particularly if he has to pay cash, rather than a 'guarantee'. Also all directors have to go through the FA fitness ownership tests. These still apply in the National League and are conducted by the FA, not the league.

As I understand it, had two people voted the other way, the club would not have been able to sell. So diggerdagger, your vote mattered a lot.

There will still be protests against Tamplin until the deal is completed.
NBDag

Christ have a day off
Lcbdagger

Only two more months of protests then before we can focus on the game each week instead of outside goings on
Alan

To be honest, aside from Merge handing out banners outside the gates, there was no protest that I could see or hear on Saturday.
Pie & Mash

What do we want?

*Silence*

When do we want it?

Sagres

Auntie Merge wrote:
FFS - Change the record and give the bloke a chance
ARNU

For any protest you need numbers. Take the Burnett situation. When the entire crowd wanted him gone they had to act but you have to remember Burnett wasn't getting results either. For anyone to protest about Tamplin he needs to do something wrong first. When we're plummeting down the league and going into administration you might have a point but right now this non protest just looks silly. Nobody cares !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

Sagres wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:
FFS - Change the record and give the bloke a chance
Why?
According to the notes from the meeting, he is offering a 'guarantee'. When questioned about money he seems to get a little uptight. Read those comments from the meeting.
Are those 'guarantees' loans? What is being used as security? How much money has he already paid the club and how much money has been promised and not yet paid? He apparently has given us money to buy players, has this money been paid over? These are all serious questions that need to be answered.

And in what world do members vote on a serious financial situation without having full accounts drawn up especially for the meeting? None that I have ever heard of. Not even the accounts to the end of June 2016 were presented, and they are meant to be ready for an AGM next month.