After the take over vote

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Now the vote has gone Glen Tamplin`s way but there are still a some legal issues to be sorted out about changing the club constitution from a members club to a share holders club which will take a couple of months then there is a final vote to ratify it all.I know this has left a sour note in a lot of supporters mouths but lets back to supporting our team and see what happens later on.
mickeyblue

lets start by realising that nobody has stopped backing or following or ******** supporting the club ffs. having a opinion on who is in charge of club is not supporting.
pfffffffffffffffffffft
but we finished 9th!
Daggernewbie

mickyblue I know what you are saying but I know of at least a couple of people who said they are never going to watch Dagenham play again because of the take over.
Auntie Merge

Daggernewbie wrote:Now the vote has gone Glen Tamplin`s way but there are still a some legal issues to be sorted out about changing the club constitution from a members club to a share holders club which will take a couple of months then there is a final vote to ratify it all.I know this has left a sour note in a lot of supporters mouths but lets back to supporting our team and see what happens later on.
Basically there is still plenty of time for this deal to fall through and for the members to vote against him again.

As the banner said, support the team, never support Tamplin.
NBDag

Merge this is a genuine question, and purely hypothetical as of now- But let's say Tamplin comes in and a few years down he's doing an amazing job. The team isn't failing, our finances are good and everything else with the club that we moan about has improved. From the club house to the music played before the game (I hate that weird pirate music-sounding song). Would you still be against him in this scenario? Let's not focus on the probability of this or try to say there could be other bad things going on at that time, just answer based on this scenario.
Dagger83

Auntie Merge wrote: As the banner said, support the team, never support Tamplin.
So we're clear, it's an attack against the man and not the make-up of his bid? Seems an odd stance to take.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Now the vote has gone Glen Tamplin`s way but there are still a some legal issues to be sorted out about changing the club constitution from a members club to a share holders club which will take a couple of months then there is a final vote to ratify it all.I know this has left a sour note in a lot of supporters mouths but lets back to supporting our team and see what happens later on.
Basically there is still plenty of time for this deal to fall through and for the members to vote against him again.

As the banner said, support the team, never support Tamplin.[/quote/]

I just don't get why you're so against him personally
Hardy1

Daggernewbie wrote:mickyblue I know what you are saying but I know of at least a couple of people who said they are never going to watch Dagenham play again because of the take over.
I wonder what they will end up doing with their Saturday's then. Such as shame but the club wont miss them.

Personally I think it is exciting times. The club was stale, a new injection of ideas is going to be just as important as the injection of money.

Exciting times ahead I feel.

Oh, does anyone remember that Gary Hill got us into a load of financial trouble under his reign when the purse strings were opened far too much, it was only under Still's guidance that this was sorted out, his first few years were spent with less than a third of the budget that failure Hill had. Maybe that was OK to get into debt then as we were a proper members club.

I might actually come back and watch again now if some modernising changes start to be made.

Up the Daggers!
Daggernewbie

Hardy1 you saying you might come back and watch the Daggers again wonder how many more supporters this club could attract if it steered in the right direction.
RampantDuke

As mentioned in a previous thread - this whole thing reminds me very much of the feeling around the club post merger. A lot of Dagenham fans hated Dave Andrews, much in the same way as Tamplin is being vilified, but without an awful lot of substance. To be honest I personally hated Redbridge Forest and vowed never to come and see the merged club but guess what? As soon as we went top of the league and started playing great football I was back, along with other anti merger types, in a flash. Some people never returned, got bitter and started supporting Romford. Meanwhile 5 years later I was having a nice cuddle with Big Dave behind the goal at Slough as we scored the winner against Gloucester City to get us to Wembley. I was wrong about Dave Andrews and I sincerely hope that the anti Tamplin brigade are wrong about him too. Who knows they all might be patting his orange head by next May in the top bar if we go up!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Pie & Mash

NBDag wrote:Merge this is a genuine question, and purely hypothetical as of now- But let's say Tamplin comes in and a few years down he's doing an amazing job. The team isn't failing, our finances are good and everything else with the club that we moan about has improved. From the club house to the music played before the game (I hate that weird pirate music-sounding song). Would you still be against him in this scenario? Let's not focus on the probability of this or try to say there could be other bad things going on at that time, just answer based on this scenario.
Good luck getting an answer...