VOTE RESULT

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Now is the time to move forward, but I would be interested how the vote worked last night?? People should have been given the option to freely vote against if they so wish. Can anyone who was there (and I believe there are one or two members on here) confirm what the situation was??

As I say though, now is the time to move forward. Like many others I have many reservations about the new set up but I also think everyone has to try and make it work, not sit around waiting for something to go wrong so people can say I told you so.

So welcome to Mr Tamplin and and the other members of his consortium. I look forward to seeing some of the new ideas and the modernisation of certain parts of the Club. I hope at the same time you respect the traditions of the Club and the beliefs of those who have been involved for many Years.

Let's hope the new era starts with a win on Saturday.
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:Maybe we can get on with the football now. 37 to 11 is pretty conclusive. The remoaners in the eu vote whilst ******** tiresome at least had a very close vote to whinge about.
You think they will let this go?

The people (members) have spoken. Time to get on with it.

Welcome Glenn.
Going to welcome him by waving from Portman road.
Great comeback.

Although at least you got the team right this week, eh?

Think it's time you stopped crying about it. Tamplin is here and you need to get used to it
Crushed Dreams

Alan wrote:Is that a valid poll if you cannot vote against the resolution? If the only option is for or abstain, I mean. If you abstain, you haven't voted so he got 100% of the vote and always would? I don't know and I'm assuming that the ballot paper was designed after taking legal advice.
Looking at the Notice of General Meeting,
"2(a) to decide which of Proposal 1 or Proposal 2 (....) for investment in Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club is in the best interests of the Company as a whole; and

(b) to authorise the Board of Directors of the Company to accept whichever Proposal is accepted by the members in accordance with 2(a) etc."

Since Proposal 2 was withdrawn there was no way of opposing Proposal 1. This struck me when Mike first put these details on DiggerDagger. Doesn't seem right to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dqllafhdc8rq ... QZ75a?dl=0
diggerdagger1

Di Mike dash wood...... As a member I was at the meeting last night. The members were given a straight chose either to vote for or abstain. Tbh there was only one bid on the table and to not vote for it would not bear thinking about. Totally wrong to put the members in this position imo. Comments like the club is surviving on a month to month basis possible administration were used before the vote. I personally was disappointed with some of the members tbh. Some of the questions asked were quite frankly appalling and so irrelevant. Tamplin did not answer the question about the payment of £200000 he promised John still for additional players and staff. Steve Thompson did not give any details of the clubs current financial position when asked. I voted for but did it with great reluctance . Came away thinking I HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT FEAR THE WORST
steeevooo

diggerdagger1 wrote: Steve Thompson did not give any details of the clubs current financial position when asked.
This is utterly despicable if true. The members are told to vote on a complete change to the clubs constitution because of a perilous financial situation which would result in near-immediate administration, but then the club refuses to actually provide any evidence for this. This was the premise for the EGM and the vote, and not to even provide this information is truly incredible.
diggerdagger1

What I said previously is true.he sat there silently when asked about the accounts. Felt the members should have pressed him on this. The financial year ends on the 30th June each year. The agm is November each year. Agm packs are sent out in October. Agm packs will therefore arrive shortly. Was told our financial position was perilous so let's see what they say before judging