Charity game

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I'm surprised no one has commented on this:-

1. The photos are from the family charity game to raise money for a child.
2. They are wearing our club kits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... match.html
Last edited by Auntie Merge on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

I guess it's good to see our ground and kit in a national newspaper even if I've never heard of most of them. I guess some of their readers probably have.
DI Mike Dashwood

Club in helping out Charity shocker!!

I think its a shame you bring things like this up and attempt to make them negative Merge. A lot of your views on the club and what is happening are in my opinion very valid and important, but by dragging other things into it they cheapen your argument
Diggerthedog

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Club in helping out Charity shocker!!

I think its a shame you bring things like this up and attempt to make them negative Merge. A lot of your views on the club and what is happening are in my opinion very valid and important, but by dragging other things into it they cheapen your argument
Agree with Dashers here.
steeevooo

I would agree that the charity event seems to have turned into a rather crass affair - having female participants being more interested in flashing their tits at the cameras at a charity game for a small child really undermines the purpose of the event really - but is that really the clubs fault? At the end of the day that is what you are likely to get from an event comprised entirely of people that almost nobody has ever heard of.

The main criticism that I would have is that once the decision to host a charity game for this child was made that more of an effort wasn't then made to turn it into a real family-friendly day/afternoon-long event, thereby not only raising more money for the charity, but also potentially encouraging people to visit the Daggers who have not/would not otherwise do so....potentially getting more money in the bar as a result, potentially raising the interest of a few new people to come and actually watch the Daggers play in the future, raising awareness of our club etc. Then again, what a fool I am - as if our marketing/commercial/promotional departments would have such ideas to help the club....
durnzo

Fair play to the club for helping out a charity event. You can't blame them that the people attending are all fame hungry no marks who've never had an intelligent thought in their lives!!!

They really are oxygen thieves of the highest order!!! Hope it raised a decent amount of money for the little boy though.
Lcbdagger

Absolutely this
The Romford Dagger

Spot on