John Still

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Conversation with John Still.
JS: I haven't seen you. how are you?
Me: I'm fine thanks but you are bonkers. How could you John? How could you?
JS: I think it's the right thing to do.
Me:Judas
JS: I've got to make a living

Will someone please tell me how him investing £50,000 of his own money into the club will make him a living? This is the club that is no longer living within its means, the club who was struggling to break even on a gate of 2000 (which has now dropped to 1200 home fans), and the club which does not own the ground and has no real assets. Can someone please tell me what on EARTH Tamplin has promised him?
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote:Conversation with John Still.

Will someone please tell me how him investing £50,000 of his own money into the club will make him a living? This is the club that is no longer living within its means, the club who was struggling to break even on a gate of 2000 (which has now dropped to 1200 home fans), and the club which does not own the ground and has no real assets. Can someone please tell me what on EARTH Tamplin has promised him?
Maybe he doesn't insult him in every sentence?
Dagger Steve

I really hope this wasnt a real conversation, and just one of your made up little stories.
Diggerthedog

Give it up Merge on all fronts Tamplin is already in charge, the vote is a formality.

Come back on here in 18-24 months with I told you so or be careful what you wish for.

As for Still he smelt the money and run off at the first opportunity when Luton came calling. He is not a Dagger as claimed he is a massive West Ham supporter, obviously he has an affinity with our club but through the profession.
daggersjeff

For those that think the sun shines out of JS's backside....my own personal belief is that he is ONLY interested in lining his own pockets now!

Also think that it is a serious conflict of interest if he has a financial link to the club....fine invest your £50k.....but pass the managerial reins onto someone else!!
NBDag

So he said "I've got to make a living" and then walked off? End of the chat? Highly doubtful, that.

But why does he think he'll make money? Who knows. I've heard that it's probably because the best way to make some money, is to spend a bit of money first. And he most probably believes that what Tamplin wants to do is going to change the club's ability to make money. How dare he. Merge thinks he's bonkers so he's got to be. That's how it works, right?
Adrian

daggersjeff wrote:For those that think the sun shines out of JS's backside....my own personal belief is that he is ONLY interested in lining his own pockets now!

Also think that it is a serious conflict of interest if he has a financial link to the club....fine invest your £50k.....but pass the managerial reins onto someone else!!
Who thinks the sun shines out of his backside?

Why is there a conflict of interest?
Mark

Because he's part of a group who will decide who manages the team.

He's not the first and won't be the last and he'll be moved upstairs in May anyway.

Glenn Tamplin is the new Westley ;)
Adrian

Mark wrote:Because he's part of a group who will decide who manages the team.

He's not the first and won't be the last and he'll be moved upstairs in May anyway.

Glenn Tamplin is the new Westley ;)
And? Why is that a conflict of interest?
Alan

Auntie Merge wrote:Conversation with John Still.

My recollection is that judas took the silver, he didn't invest it.
shoreyda2nd

Some of the rubbish put on here these days is ridiculous.

We know Stilly will probably retire at the end of this season, and the last time he left everything fell apart within a few years. His own words were "what has happened to this club?".
By being part of the group owning/running the club he can have an involvement to hopefully prevent a repeat of the last couple of years.

For years everyone went on about this being a family club. Now a member of our own family is offering to put 50k of his own money into the club and gets labelled Judas. He wouldn't be doing it if he didn't think it was right.
diggerdagger1

Well let's see what John still has been promised. In tamplin's own words improved training facilities plus more money for players plus more back room staff. Of course he would back tamplin. But he can't deny that at bishops stortford in pre season he said if I had a choice its a no braiber I would go with the people I know and trust but in my position I must stay neutral. He now joins tamplin and wants to seve on a board with bennett and Thompson. Two people he turned to at the last fans forum and said what the ****** has happened at my club. He now wants to jump in bed with them. Also would love to know if rhe club has seen any of mr tamplin's money yet. Not the takeover money but the additional personal money not part of his bid ie £200000 for players and back room staff in benno Whiteley Ling Harris etc etc plus £45000 family stand sponsorship plus £45000 advertising board sponsorship obtained as a result of the email sent by Dan groves aka the over zealous employee. Just a thought
ARNU

All these people who believe footballers should play for the love of the shirt and managers manage the club for nostalgic reasons alone,please !! It's a business.Id see anyone investing 50k into something as a positive sign of their belief that the investment will come to fruition.We should possibly take some hope from this gesture. I'm so bored of this. Leave the arguments to the investors/board,our job is surely to support the team on matchday.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
diggerdagger1

Arnu......if you are bored why post about it? The support for the team this year has been superb both home and away. John still put himself into the political arena when he did a u turn when deciding to back tamplin after saying he would stay neutral and then being unveiled as an investor. We as members were shocked when he stood up at the meeting and told members he was fully behind tamplin.
The Romford Dagger

shoreyda2nd wrote:Some of the rubbish put on here these days is ridiculous.

We know Stilly will probably retire at the end of this season, and the last time he left everything fell apart within a few years. His own words were "what has happened to this club?".
By being part of the group owning/running the club he can have an involvement to hopefully prevent a repeat of the last couple of years.

For years everyone went on about this being a family club. Now a member of our own family is offering to put 50k of his own money into the club and gets labelled Judas. He wouldn't be doing it if he didn't think it was right.

Well said.

I really hope Mergie has made this up otherwise her anti Tamplin vendetta is now making her abuse people.

Still has us top of the league Ffs and some of you are still moaning. Just because the side you are on (the easts) are less likely to win it seems.

It's extremely childish.