Jodi or JMD

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Hyperthetical I know and I really hope we Sign JMD for the full season.

However if Jodi became availiable as a loan and we could only have one which one would you take?
DI Mike Dashwood

JMD
DaggerJoel11

Both are similar players, however I might just opt for Maguire-Drew who is the better finisher. However, Maguire-Drew will never be a permanent Dagenham player whereas Jodi was brought through our academy. As John Still said prior to the Wrexham match, 'There's more pleasure in baking a cake than buying a cake'
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Sagres

JMD
Mark

Difficult to judge as some of the teams we're playing are miles worse than that of last season, and we're probably better as a whole. Jodi often got bullied and tried to do too much as those around him were mainly useless.

Probably JMD but we'll learn more about him in the next 3 weeks against good sides.
rechitski kinzhal

Jones can't get in the side that are bottom of league 1. He is yet another player who left us before he was ready. He may well come good in the future, but JMD is already a much more rounded player for a guy only 36 days older.
stanton101

JMD for me, never really rated Jodi tbh.
BB-Dagger

My son is at uni in Coventry and by all accounts they rate him highly, the reason he has missed games is down to an injury (so I'm told) personally speaking I thought he was a bit of a one trick pony but in saying that I'm not sure he wasn't playing to the orders of WB, in terms of performances I would choose JMD it's a shame he won't be here long term.
ARNU

JMD all day long. Probably better than Danny Green.
Never saw what the fuss was all about with Jodi.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
daggersjeff

JMD by a long chalk!

Even as a loanee, he's passionate on the pitch and off it.

Jones, another player from last seasons dire bunch, who believed he was better than he is, and is now being found as wanting
Lcbdagger

Interesting thread but not sure this is a close run thing... it will be Jones or Ritchie next
Phippo

No contest, JMD by some way! Probably best loan since Richie.
leewilson

JMD is very good and my vote does go to him. But it's an obvious answer to give simply because we've seen JMD play better in a team top of the league compared to Jodi playing in a team bottom of the league.

Both are very one footed and need to develop their weaker foot. Both like to cut in on their stronger foot. Both are adept from range. Jodi is more explosive whilst JMD has better vision on the ball. Put them both in an excelling team at the top of their form and I think you have a close run thing.
Lcbdagger

leewilson wrote:JMD is very good and my vote does go to him. But it's an obvious answer to give simply because we've seen JMD play better in a team top of the league compared to Jodi playing in a team bottom of the league.

Both are very one footed and need to develop their weaker foot. Both like to cut in on their stronger foot. Both are adept from range. Jodi is more explosive whilst JMD has better vision on the ball. Put them both in an excelling team at the top of their form and I think you have a close run thing.
No doubt at all that JJ would do well in this team but i'm not convinced he would demand a start with Guttridge fit and the rest of the XI we currently have... for me, JMD is a def starter in this team with everyone fit.

I'd wager over a full season that JMD would have 5 more goals and an equal amount more assists than JJ this season if one was to directly replace the other.
Mike the Dagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote:As John Still said prior to the Wrexham match, 'There's more pleasure in baking a cake than buying a cake'
If you saw the GBBO where they made Danish Pastries, you know that is wrong.

JMD any day. Jodi too one dimensional.