Bromley Away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
durnzo

Very impressed with this team. I think they would've faired far better in league 2 than last year's. Young hungry players as opposed to older players on their way down who probably couldn't give a flying one. The level seems to be a lot lower, or am I picking holes???
stanton101

Agreed with Robinson, the stand out performer. Quietly goes about his business, only thing missing is a goal. I thought we played well, but let's face it the standard we're up against leaves a lot to be desired, still you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that quite comfortably in the end. Great turn out from the fans today, very vocal and I'm sure the players appreciated it.
Onward and upward.
daggersjeff

Very good performance today....but not without fault!!

Took the goals very well and a well deserved 3 points
Thought Hawkins might have been carrying a knock today, as was very slow getting back.
Sussex, how can you give your POM to a player who continuously shirks a tackle?

For me, Whitely was head and shoulders above the rest. We will not win the League playing the sort of arrogant passing game we employed in the latter part of the match. Other teams will kill us.

Bloody stupid and unneccessary yellow card for Raymond

And oh yes....BBC says that their scorer got sent off two minutes after his goal??? Did I miss something being sat low down?
DaggerJoel11

Apparently the red card was in the build up to the 2nd goal. I wasn't at the game, but every source and site including Bromley themselves verified it.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
SUSSEX DAGGER

daggersjeff wrote:Very good performance today....but not without fault!!

Thought Hawkins might have been carrying a knock today, as was very slow getting back.

For me, Whitely was head and shoulders above the rest. We will not win the League playing the sort of arrogant passing game we employed in the latter part of the match. Other teams will kill us.

And oh yes....BBC says that their scorer got sent off two minutes after his goal??? Did I miss something being sat low down?
B
So you only just learnt we played ten men from the second goal onwards.

He WAs sent off for a second bookable offence whilst the goal celebrations were going on for cything down Okenberiie on the half way line in the build up to the second goal .That is why we did what every pro team should be doing against 10 men winning three one ,that's not arrogance it's bloody common sense keep the ball.

You missed that obviously just as I missed my mom pulling out of tackles all afternoon, which by the way I don't think so.

Robinson has been the most consistant player for weeks does all the dirty work and never stops running ,what the hell are you watching, ok have a diffrence of opinion by all means but yours is Miles from reality
Pondfield Dagger

well done today, definitely can't get carried away yet, strange how we've played nearly every team in the bottom half and only 1 team in the top 9.... a lot of hard games to come me thinks....
Paul from Barking

I said over the summer we'd finish mid table - but a quarter of the season has gone and we're on top and now with the best GD too. Are we good enough to stay there - or will we fall off the perch... if so into the playoffs or the abyss of the mid table obscurity?
Sagres

Pondfield Dagger wrote:well done today, definitely can't get carried away yet, strange how we've played nearly every team in the bottom half and only 1 team in the top 9.... a lot of hard games to come me thinks....
We have played 2 teams in the top 9 to date - Lincoln & Dover + Boreham Wood (10th)

However I agree the next 5 out of 6 games in October are all going to be very testing against the better teams currently sitting in the top half of the league.
rechitski kinzhal

Yet another really pleasant afternoon - the three points never really in any doubt. And that is such a pleasure compared to the last few years.
So, sorry to be negative, but why did the team just shut up shop after the third goal went in. All that pretty passing - several times managing to get from deep in Bromleys half back to Doe or the keeper - it was ok for a few minutes but just made the last half hour meaningless. By the time the third went in, with Bromley down to ten, we were murdering them and could have scored several more, but they just didn't seem interested.or was I missing something?
ARNU

Great day out,we cruised it really.Andre Boucard top player again bossing midfield.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Even the Manager has said that October is going to be a tough month, but we can't expect any more of the team than to go in to those games top of the league and with the best goal difference in the division... only one game all season we have won that didn't end in a clean sheet too!

Fair play to Robinson... not my favourite player but absolutely showing why Howell will struggle to get a starting spot in the coming months. Hoping Corey can push on now with a goal behind him... has two or three decent chances every game and a goal had been coming.
SUSSEX DAGGER

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Yet another really pleasant afternoon - the three points never really in any doubt. And that is such a pleasure compared to the last few years.
So, sorry to be negative, but why did the team just shut up shop after the third goal went in. All that pretty passing - several times managing to get from deep in Bromleys half back to Doe or the keeper - it was ok for a few minutes but just made the last half hour meaningless. By the time the third went in, with Bromley down to ten, we were murdering them and could have scored several more, but they just didn't seem interested.or was I missing something?
This time last year we were all crying why can't we see games out . We were playing ten men and stroked the ball about made the pitch big and did exactly what we did not do last season , saw the game out . For all our total dominance second half they missed an absoloute sitter in the last ten and Scott Doe had to make a last ditch tackle. The main culprit as to why we did not add to our tally was JMD who was having attempts from impossible angles including trying to swing one into the back post from a corner. There was certainly more goals there for us this afternoon but often by pased the easy option on more then one occasion.

What pleased me most was that for the first time this season we responded to a setback, all our defeats this year have been in games when we looked on top but did not know how to respond when a goal went in . This team is learning all the time. Yes we have a hard month coming up but we should fear nobody in our current form.
daggersjeff

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
daggersjeff wrote:Very good performance today....but not without fault!!

B
So you only just learnt we played ten men from the second goal onwards.

He WAs sent off for a second bookable offence whilst the goal celebrations were going on for cything down Okenberiie on the half way line in the build up to the second goal .That is why we did what every pro team should be doing against 10 men winning three one ,that's not arrogance it's bloody common sense keep the ball.

You missed that obviously just as I missed my mom pulling out of tackles all afternoon, which by the way I don't think so.

Robinson has been the most consistant player for weeks does all the dirty work and never stops running ,what the hell are you watching, ok have a diffrence of opinion by all means but yours is Miles from reality
Sussex

Unfortunately, I was in the disabled section, and it wasn't just me who missed it!!

So your opinion is correct, and mine not. as you say mine is "miles out"

So it couldnt be yours?

To see games out, you dont sit back and play fancy football...you put your foot on the throat!

Its not just October thats going to be hard, its the rest of the season.

our current postition, and the way we are playing, remind me of Oxford in 2007...and those that were around all know what happened then.
stanton101

What's also pleasing is the fact that players like Robson, Benson and the other injured players like Guttridge, Williams etc are not automatically guaranteed to walk straight back in to the team. Even Howell has become a bit part player at the moment. Sure, we'll be tested in the coming month but we have players now who won't give up their places easily, unlike last season.
bearaab

Top of the league, scoring loads of goal and still people are moaning. Get a grip.