New poll on ownership

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Assuming all investors provided guarantees for all sums being invested, would you vote for:

Poll ended at Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:22 pm

East's consortium (500k for 51%)
33%
Tamplin's consortium (1.25m for 80%)
52%
Remain as we are and sell assets and if we are insolvent, go into administration.
15%

Total votes: 48
Alan

Ok, so we had a poll before Mike's interview. We have a bit more information, so lets do it again.

There's no shades of yes or no, you have to vote East/Tamplin or stay as we are based on what we know through the various interviews.
rechitski kinzhal

Alan, for a normally very fair man. I thought your third option somewhat "loaded"!
Alan

If you cannot pay your debts when they fall due then you are insolvent.

The poll is based on what we have been told in the interviews. Both sides have said that we are insolvent - Goodwin said we had to borrow money to pay the tax - others have confirmed we had to loan money from one of the board to pay the VAT, Tamplin said he's stuck in money to keep us afloat. So let's assume everyone is telling the truth and we are insolvent.
rechitski kinzhal

Oh Alan, you are now beginning to sound like David Cameron pre-referendum.
Alan

I don't understand. Both sides have said we have needed outside money to pay our debts. If that's true, our options are one of the bidders or stay as we are and not be able to pay our debts unless we sell assets and if we still can't pay, go into administration.
DagenHammer87

Considering the 80% deal evidently no longer exists, this poll is about as effective as Leon Braithwaite trying to work out where the ball is after he's headed it.

Completely loaded questions here, which isn't the point of something that's looking for people to give an opinion.

Having said that, I'm happy for Tamplin and Hopkin to put into the club for 48%. Its a good deal, not a majority holding so if he goes belly up we can survive.
admin
Site Admin

On balance I have to go with the East consortium. Although I'm not as anti Tamplin as I was initially. The interview certainly did give me a lot to think about.

My thoughts on Tamplin are:

- He did come across better during the interview
- He does appear to have a genuine interest in the game
- His answer to the question regarding the businesses going into administration makes more sense, the fact that they were early businesses and that he made mistakes during the early point of his career, that can happen to anyone
- If he did takeover, it would mean Thompson would have less control. After all a lot of fans chanted "Thompson Out" and "Sack the Board" last season, Tamplin coming in would mean less power for those people

However it is also worth pointing out

- Various board members have come out with different stories in regards to the clubs financial position so it's unclear where the club stands
- Although I'm all for the club keeping their cards close to their chest so they don't get exploited by other clubs, on numerous recent occasions, things have been said and done which could be perceived to alienate supporters (which is far from good)
- There is always a risk it could become a rich mans subbuteo set and he could become bored of us at any point
- The East consortium have been more open and honest with fans and do genuinely love the club and have the same passion for the club as us fans
- I personally don't like the thought of someone taking over the club I support who has links to the likes of Mark Wright and TOWIE
Alan

DagenHammer87 wrote:Considering the 80% deal evidently no longer exists, this poll is about as effective as Leon Braithwaite trying to work out where the ball is after he's headed it.

Completely loaded questions here, which isn't the point of something that's looking for people to give an opinion.

Having said that, I'm happy for Tamplin and Hopkin to put into the club for 48%. Its a good deal, not a majority holding so if he goes belly up we can survive.
It's a poll based on what's in the interviews, so we can't ignore that both sides have said we are skint and had to use outside money to pay our way this season. So staying as we are necessarily involves that situation continuing which means if we don't take investment, we need to sell assets to and if that doesn't work, be prepared for administration.

Just to be clear, the Tamplin consortium are after 80%, Tamplin said that he personally would take 48%.
Last edited by Alan on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:
DagenHammer87 wrote:Considering the 80% deal evidently no longer exists, this poll is about as effective as Leon Braithwaite trying to work out where the ball is after he's headed it.

It's a poll based on what's in the interviews, so we can't ignore that both sides have said we are skint and had to use outside money to pay our way this season. So staying as we are necessarily involves that situation continuing which means if we don't take investment, we need to sell assets to and if that doesn't work, be prepared for administration.

Just to be clear, the Tamplin consortium are after 80%, Tamplin said that he would take 48%.
Or Thompson could have not mismanaged the budget this season and cut it so not to put us in this position? Administration is easily avoidable if you manage the finances correctly this is evidently not being done.

Another thing is apparently we need investment to compete at the top end of this division, where are we in the league? We have had a tiny bit of investment from Tamplin from the stand sponsor but it's hardly made a difference.

The nonsense about having to borrow to pay the TAX is another red herring, it's been happening for years that a board member would lend the money knowing an instalment from a transfer in this case Jodi Jones was coming in to be paid back a few weeks later to the board member who lent it in the first place.
lupins

Yes we are at the top currently but from what is reported the investment is more than the stand sponsorship. Hasn't there also been support for players and Terry Harris plus being able to turn down bids for players

Even with parachute money I would assume that we would be looking at a loss this season hence the reported financial position. That situation cannot continue indefinitely eventually player sales and parachute money run out so its not quite correct to say we are doing okay and do not need investment
Chigwellian

admin wrote: I personally don't like the thought of someone taking over the club I support who has links to the likes of Mark Wright and TOWIE
..... especially the white jag man!!!
Alan

Diggerthedog, I don't understand why the cash flow and inability to pay tax without a loan is now nonsense and a red herring, when you were quite adamant about it in this thread a few weeks ago.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2050&p=26377&hilit=Tax#p26377
Mike the Dagger

Chigwellian wrote:
admin wrote: I personally don't like the thought of someone taking over the club I support who has links to the likes of Mark Wright and TOWIE
..... especially the white jag man!!!
I really hope this is flippant. We need to be rising above the personalities now and start looking at the economics.

I doesn't make sense to me why anyone would favour an offer that is under half the other. The fact the Easts are leaving 49% with the Members is a total red herring. The members 49% isn't worth anything in reality unless there is a further sale of the club, and with only 1 vote on the board against 6 they have no realistic say in anything either.

On the other side, Tamplin is taking 1 vote, investing a large amount, offering future guarantees and including at least three of the current board for continuity (although not the three that people would like apparently).

It really is a choice between Tamplin and Admin as it stands surely?
Mark

Unfortunately personality matters a lot as it is a good indicator of future behaviour.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:Diggerthedog, I don't understand why the cash flow and inability to pay tax without a loan is now nonsense and a red herring, when you were quite adamant about it in this thread a few weeks ago.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2050&p=26377&hilit=Tax#p26377

Because I have seen past the bullshit and been told a few things recently. Things change as do opinions when facts become clearer.

Why we trying to run a full time professional football team when the budget is clearly no longer there? We should have looked to have gone semi pro half way through last season when it was inevitable we were going down. 6 months of planning to change it but what do you expect when you know who is in charge.