New poll on ownership

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Assuming all investors provided guarantees for all sums being invested, would you vote for:

Poll ended at Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:22 pm

East's consortium (500k for 51%)
33%
Tamplin's consortium (1.25m for 80%)
52%
Remain as we are and sell assets and if we are insolvent, go into administration.
15%

Total votes: 48
Adrian

Why does a body that was dissolved two years ago spring to mind?
And even then what would it have to do with this?
diggerdagger1

To ensure fairness in the bidding process perhaps?
Auntie Merge

I still can't believe how many people have been swayed on the strength of one interview.
Nothing has changed facts wise.
Alan

diggerdagger1 wrote:To ensure fairness in the bidding process perhaps?
Both sides have changed their bids as time has gone on. The Easts are going to have to revise theirs again now they've had a member "defect". Both have improved their bids. Is that really a problem?
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote:I still can't believe how many people have been swayed on the strength of one interview.
I still can't believe that people think others have been swayed by one interview.
Adrian

diggerdagger1 wrote:To ensure fairness in the bidding process perhaps?
And why would they have cared about that?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Auntie Merge wrote:I still can't believe how many people have been swayed on the strength of one interview.
I can't believe how stuck in the mud some people are, but that's just me innit
rechitski kinzhal

........ and I can't believe how naive some people are*, but that's just me. Different opinions - let's not get unpleasant about it. This is getting like the Brexit debate.

* not just at our club but also at Hornchurch, Grays, Canvey, Colne, Boston, Darlington, Rushden, Notts Co, Aldershot etc, need I go?
Mike the Dagger

I can't believe how many people have made up their minds based on little or no information and refuse to.even consider any new information.

- Club in major financial problems.

- Less than 50% ownership.

- One vote on the board.

- Significant additional investment.

- Promise of long term involvement

Lots has changed.

I understand that you might not believe it all but that is a different issue.
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:
I can't believe how many people have made up their minds based on little or no information and refuse to.even consider any new information.

- Club in major financial problems.

- Less than 50% ownership.

- One vote on the board.

- Significant additional investment.

- Promise of long term involvement

Lots has changed.

I understand that you might not believe it all but that is a different issue.
Amongst other things I examined his companies house record and credit worthiness, due diligence which I
Hope the club have done.
Alan

Out of interest, how did you investigate tamplin's personal creditworthiness and have you done the same with all members of all bidding factions?

The vote above is of course on the premise that all monies are subject to guarantees.
NBDag

I'm sure the club managed to work out what his business history is. But as said hundreds of times already by so many people, so many people enter into business and fail at the first few attempts. It's almost as if it's not easy to become a big successful businessman- who knew?
rechitski kinzhal

"It is not too easy to become a big successful businessman - who knew?" - you raise a very good point NBDag.
But when I look back at all the people in my life who have, or have tried, to rip me off, they were always charming to the point of smarmy. The less than charming people I sussed out straightaway. Who knew?
Mike the Dagger

rechitski kinzhal wrote:"It is not too easy to become a big successful businessman - who knew?" - you raise a very good point NBDag.
But when I look back at all the people in my life who have, or have tried, to rip me off, they were always charming to the point of smarmy. The less than charming people I sussed out straightaway. Who knew?
Eb, what makes you think anyone is ripping anyone off. What is the motivation?

I understand people not wanting to change the structure of the club, that is actually where I am at, but if we have to sell, which is looking more and more likely, why would someone pour a load of hard earned cash down a D&RFC shaped hole unless they were genuinely interested in it. There are no assets to strip, the ground does not belong to the club and cannot be sold for profit.

As I understand it, the club is valued as a business at around £1.5m (last year as a FL club). The bid from the Tamplin consortium roughly matches this valuation and includes guarantees now. The other bid sort of does, but putting in a lot less money and using a lot of sleight of hand to leave the members with 49% of the business but 1 vote on the board against 6. if either is a potential rip off its that one.

The second bid also includes charming people of course, ones we know better than the first one.
rechitski kinzhal

Sorry Mike, I didn't make myself clear and I understand why you read it that why. I was just pointing out that people who come across as charming, may in fact be genuine, or they may not. It was just a response to NBDags point. It is of course wholly unfair of me to judge badly Mr Tamplin I have no real knowledge of him. But also, given the huge number of characters like this that have wrecked football clubs compared to the very few who have brought long term prosperity brings me to be most concerned. Do you blame me?