Luke Pennell

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Disgrace, sack him. Almost like Karma with that injury.
Mikins

Its a bye bye from me.
Sorry about your damn luck!
TommyD&R

For ****** sake what is wrong with these footballers?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Oh dear , we have a side full of talent and I thought this was the best of the lot.

John Still said he could not beleive he could get him, this may explain why?

This will really test our status of a Club with family values as he could be worth a bit in a year or so
canveydagger

We stuck by Joss Labadie, when he bite some one ear (still don't think he did it myself)and Abu Ogogo for GBH in 2010, Matt Partridge for of assaulting a motorcyclist and the club have still stuck by them and think the club should stick by Luke, i know it not nice what he done and should be punished. But footballers have done worse and still come out of prison to play football in the league, like Luke McCormick and Lee Hughes.
Alan

Sack him.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

For ******'s sake, we're an absolute sucker for a bad boy aren't we?
NBDag

Should really sack him for this. Can't see it happening though. Looked at an older article on onemk.co.uk and it says Pennell was charged in May, pleaded guilty on the 25th July and actually received his sentence on the 5th September. Would assume that if anything was going to be done then it would have happened by now.
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote:Should really sack him for this. Can't see it happening though. Looked at an older article on onemk.co.uk and it says Pennell was charged in May, pleaded guilty on the 25th July and actually received his sentence on the 5th September. Would assume that if anything was going to be done then it would have happened by now.
It take a while to dismiss someone. I would imagine that's why money suddenly cam available for Ling. He hid it from his last club and probably did it the same with us. He is crocked for 9 months ideal chance to offload him.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Should really sack him for this. Can't see it happening though. Looked at an older article on onemk.co.uk and it says Pennell was charged in May, pleaded guilty on the 25th July and actually received his sentence on the 5th September. Would assume that if anything was going to be done then it would have happened by now.
Presuming he's informed the club of course. You would hope he did.
lupins

Yes that would send a good message out to other potential players that if you get injured that's handy

Family club? how about thinking you have been a absolute idiot but we can help you pull this round, that's what families do

I am of the view that people do deserve chances and its not one strike and out, old school not headline grabbing posturing I guess
NBDag

lupins wrote:Yes that would send a good message out to other potential players that if you get injured that's handy

Family club? how about thinking you have been a absolute idiot but we can help you pull this round, that's what families do

I am of the view that people do deserve chances and its not one strike and out, old school not headline grabbing posturing I guess
Do believe in second chances and he was only 19 at the time. But the thing for me is that the victim had a knife pulled on him. You've got to think whether he would be just facing charges for theft if the victim didn't run away.
leewilson

Diggerthedog wrote:
It take a while to dismiss someone. I would imagine that's why money suddenly cam available for Ling. He hid it from his last club and probably did it the same with us. He is crocked for 9 months ideal chance to offload him.
Nah, the club clearly knew. One of the players made a joke to him on twitter the other day when Crimewatch was on TV and said that he was on it. I thought at the time there was probably just a lookalike on there but this explains that.
Phippo

Has he not gone through "due process"? If so maybe it should be left to his current employers to decide how they deal with it! I would be a little surprised if this revelation is all new to them.