TBS

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Anyone on here that wad in the TBS tonight?
GdadSteve

Yes
Richie

Yes
Mike the Dagger

Did you hear any abuse aimed at Tamplin's son?
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GdadSteve

Not that I could make out.
I was there from 7:10 to final whistle.
TommyD&R

Where's this story coming from? Take it Still will be resigning tomorrow then
Richie

I was sat 2 rows back from the group of kids, one of which had Tamplin on his shirt. And no, noticed nothing.
SteveW

I was in the row directly behind the young lads in Dagenham tops. There was absolutely nothing said to them at all.
SUSSEX DAGGER

SteveW wrote:I was in the row directly behind the young lads in Dagenham tops. There was absolutely nothing said to them at all.
Some mischief making here I think.

Firstly there was not that many supporters in that area of the ground and and such comments would surely have been picked up by the Stewards.

Also when I was a kid I was told that if you ever felt threatened , scared or vunerable then to go to a Policemen. Ok there was no Policemen but there was plenty of Strwards .

As a Parent myself I would also say to my Child if they were not going to be in my vision for any considerable time to ring me if they have any problems. Please don't tell me that a Son of a Multi Millinaire in this day and age does not carry a mobile phone, simply do not beleive it. A Child in his position is surely more vunerable then what nine would be given our relative status in life , if mine has a mobile phone to contact me in emergencies then I am dam sure that his has.

This Pantomime has to stop , innocent People are now being accused of very serious offences that appear to have no foundation or truth.

It's twenty past mdnight and I am still a hour from home, all I want to hear is people's opinions on a great effort by the boys tonight . Dont let this spoil a great night for our team by giving it anymore oxygen, this is fast becoming a farce.
Auntie Merge

Was he complaining that I was one of those giving abuse tonight?
Like I was one of those screaming abuse on Saturday?
Diggerthedog

I was sat directly behind Tamplin junior and other than a few people pointing out he had his name on his back of his Dagenham training top no one said anything. Has someone saiid something was said? He sat there on his phone the whole game expect once we he left walk along side of the pitch and brought In two lads in West Ham kits.
Leopardman

I was sat a cpl rows behind the youth team and apart from a cpl of them smacking each other saw and heard nothing. I was more concerned that there were 2 Daggers junior teams sitting in the stands and yet there was not a single ball boy around the pitch .
Mike the Dagger

Who mentioned you Suze?

Glenn Tamplin is saying to.me that a group of around 20 at the back of the TBS were chanting abuse at his son at various points during the game. The rest of the U14 team sat with him corroborated that, as does his 8 year old. No steward stepped in, and only at one point did they hear any other fan try to stop it.

I'm disgusted to be honest that my club (allegedly a "family" club) can even be accused of this, let alone that I believe it happened, because I do.

If Tamplin walks away I hope those involved can look themselves in the mirror while they congratulate themselves on a job well done.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:Who mentioned you Suze?

Glenn Tamplin is saying to.me that a group of around 20 at the back of the TBS were chanting abuse at his son at various points during the game. The rest of the U14 team sat with him corroborated that, as does his 8 year old. No steward stepped in, and only at one point did they hear any other fan try to stop it.

I'm disgusted to be honest that my club (allegedly a "family" club) can even be accused of this, let alone that I believe it happened, because I do.

If Tamplin walks away I hope those involved can look themselves in the mirror while they congratulate themselves on a job well done.
You've been had its all lies.
steeevooo

That is categorically all lies. There were a large group of people at the back of the TBS (as usual) who were supporting the team all the way through the game. There was not a single chant involving Tamplin or any other party involved in the takeover business - all songs were directly aimed at supporting the team. As for the idea of somebody having to step in to try to stop the chants, I would love to meet this person, since this event never actually occurred (for a start because there was no need for anyone to step in about anything). If Tamplin Jnr and his team-mates had spent any time actually watching the football and listening to the chants as opposed to spending the whole game on their phones or slapping each other around the head and backs then they might have actually heard what was being chanted as opposed to creating (or is it Tamplin Snr creating...) this fiction.