TBS

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mikins

And its not like there weren't 4-5 stewards camped around the tunnel and that side of the stand the whole time. Common sense says if there is a formal accusation of abuse they'll have to have spoken to SafetyMan and gotten feedback from the stewards, but even from where I was in the sieve there was plenty of chanting, but all of it generic daggers chants, nothing negative and we could hear it clear as day.
Sorry about your damn luck!
mickeyblue

who has actually said it happened?
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

mickeyblue wrote:who has actually said it happened?
Tamplin :roll: :roll:
mickeyblue

to who ? how it end up on here? and have a day off
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

mickeyblue wrote:to who ? how it end up on here? and have a day off
Have a day off of what?

Mike who posted earlier got the message from Tamplin direct.
Mike the Dagger

mickeyblue wrote:to who ? how it end up on here? and have a day off
To me.

So I asked if anyone had heard anything.

And no one did. Mystery.

Thing is, I don't understand what Tamplin gains by making this accusation if it didn't happen.

I met with Tamplin for best part of an hour yesterday, I'll write it up for DiggerDagger as soon as I get a chance.
ARNU

It seems there was a tampon out chant. Now if I'm tampons son and I'm 13 I am gonna tell my dad about it. I'd guess dad has used this to gain an advantage. He's already had a wobble re things said on the internet which in itself seems a bit delicate. Also, stewards should intervene if something serious is going on but to expect them to lob everyone out for a swear word or yelling tampon out would be unrealistic. Common sense is all that's needed.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:It seems there was a tampon out chant. Now if I'm tampons son and I'm 13 I am gonna tell my dad about it. I'd guess dad has used this to gain an advantage. He's already had a wobble re things said on the internet which in itself seems a bit delicate. Also, stewards should intervene if something serious is going on but to expect them to lob everyone out for a swear word or yelling tampon out would be unrealistic. Common sense is all that's needed.
As told to me, the boy was called a wanker, and also heard his dad called a wanker, and he was also yelled at about having "Tamplin" on his shirt... he's part of the club U14 team. It wasn't continuous, but happened several times during the game.

As stated, its a mystery, one side says it categorically happened and his kids including the 8 year were very upset, one side says it didn't and the 8 year old wasn't even there until late in the game.
mickeyblue

there was no tamplin chant. there was defo no wanker aimed at any kid which if happened im pretty sure myself or a few others would of put that straight. thanks mike looking forward to reading this and emailing club as im one of the singers and to be accused of something we have not done by a major player in club is not bloody on regardless if it came from a kid or not.

there was a few, look kid has tamplin on his top but that was it.
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:It seems there was a tampon out chant. Now if I'm tampons son and I'm 13 I am gonna tell my dad about it. I'd guess dad has used this to gain an advantage. He's already had a wobble re things said on the internet which in itself seems a bit delicate. Also, stewards should intervene if something serious is going on but to expect them to lob everyone out for a swear word or yelling tampon out would be unrealistic. Common sense is all that's needed.
As told to me, the boy was called a wanker, and also heard his dad called a wanker, and he was also yelled at about having "Tamplin" on his shirt... he's part of the club U14 team. It wasn't continuous, but happened several times during the game.

As stated, its a mystery, one side says it categorically happened and his kids including the 8 year were very upset, one side says it didn't and the 8 year old wasn't even there until late in the game.
Hang on Tamplin said the abuse was for 90 mins and now the story is changing to several time during the game.

The people present including those who don't agree with the protests know the truth.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

Hang on Tamplin said the abuse was for 90 mins and now the story is changing to several time during the game.

The people present including those who don't agree with the protests know the truth.
i had a text from a guy who had two upset kids with him after going io a game of football pretty much straight after he'd been told about it last night. This morning its been clarified after things have calmed down a bit.

OK??
ARNU

If the boy was abused personally this is unacceptable. If the boy heard a Tampon out chant that's tough shit I'm afraid. There's a difference here. Because the general public contains a certain amount of imbeciles it makes total sense that so does the following of Dagenham and Redbridge. This whole takeover issue bores me to death the fact the mans name is tampon is mildly amusing and that's it for me. I will piss myself if we get a board member called dr white or mr durex. Football is no place for the delicate . There are lines that shouldn't be crossed though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

What been clarified? That its all lies? Sorry mate but you've spent an hour with Tamplin and believe him over fans who have been going for donkeys, putty in his hands.

There were no upset kids, you've been hoodwinked I walked out the same time as them there were no tears just Junior moaning at a steward that he was not allowed pitch side whilst the game was still going on.

I'm sick of all this, let him takeover but don't come running to me with your bucket collection when it all ****** up, because it will.

I will say no more on any of this shambles. I'm done.
Leopardman

Just to clarify Arnu, there were no chants/songs other than ones about players and the manager, all in a positive way. My son's went to solihull and I asked them about the abuse claims. They said there were a cpl of youngsters who they had never seen before that were out of order.
mickeyblue

Shoebury Dagger wrote:First Time Poster

For Background, I am middle-aged, I have been coming to Daggers since 2005, ST holder for the past 3 seasons, currently in TBS

Due to the confusing/conflicting nature of the information re any take overs I have no strong feelings either way, so no axe to grind with any side on this.

I was in the TBS last night with my son, seated 1 row from the back. Like most others we saw the arrival of the younger youth team kitted out in Daggers kit with names on their backs, including Mstr Tamplin. Where they sat was between myself and a lot of the action on the pitch, so they were in my line of sight for a fair proportion of the game.

We arrived at our seats around 7pm, and apart from a half time comfort break, and the last few minutes spent viewing from the railings at the front, were in our seats the entire time.

The only reference I heard all evening to Mr Tamplin was one person shouting 'Tamplin out' which was hot on the heels of a Jonny Still Got No Hair chant. It was clearly a well timed light hearted poke at the comments made by John Still at the weekend, and it received a few laughs. Everything else I heard from the singers was aimed at supporting the team (Good job by the way to all those contributing). I heard nothing that could be construed as anything close to abusive to any of Mr.Tampling (& Jnr) / consortium members / Thommo etc. just good solid support.

That's my tuppence on the subject.
welcome to the forum !!!!!
but we finished 9th!