Femi v Connors

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

I know the "who should play" debate has been done several times already but I wondered peoples opinions on whether the manager should decide who is his No.1 and stick to him, until such time he gets injured / suspended or general form warrants them being replaced.

I know Wayne has previously said he bases the selection dependant on the particular opponent but since both are young players and still fairly raw (particularly Jack) it would surely be more beneficial for just one of them to have an extended run in the team, would it not?
matt_drfc

I think Wayne's played it well. Would rather have players suited to that particular game in my opinion.
ARNU

Femi all day long for me although I think the odd bit of bench time keeps him hungry and on his toes.Connors can only get better but he is clearly a novice as some of his play suggests.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Personally always thought that Femi gave us more going forward but looked suspect positionally at the back... Connors has looked nervous at times recently and not as solid as in past games. As a result I would have Femi.

Lovely problem to have though, especially when the guy coming through is one of our own from the youth ranks
Daggers No 2 Fan

I'd go with playing whichever best suits the opposition or is showing a bit of form.
They'll both make mistakes and have some good moments as well. Seeing either on the team sheet wouldn't worry me.

I don't think Connors has looked as good as he did earlier in the season, but then that could be said of a few players recently.
Richie

I've always been impressed by Hurst at Southend so whoever plays tomorrow will be in for a tough night.

But Femi for me - For now at least.
matt_drfc

Femi tomorrow night for me
ronaldaggero

ARNU wrote:Femi all day long for me although I think the odd bit of bench time keeps him hungry and on his toes.Connors can only get better but he is clearly a novice as some of his play suggests.

Have to agree , also not sure about this players for certain games , pick your best players for every match , o.k if 2 games in a week rotate but Connors appears to be getting the edge over Femi when I personally feel it should be the other way around . Fem has been on the bench enough , deserves a run at it and then if he falls short do the switch . Parts of Connors game falls short just now and creates extra pressure on the team.

Time to unleash THE FEM !
Phippo

Connors is still improving but Femi for tonights game please.
matt_drfc

Connors had a very good game tonight I thought, he's a lot stronger than he looks. His positioning he can improve of course, but that will come. Much more composed and willing to receive the ball than Femi.
ARNU

Im still in the Femi camp but I do reckon Connors had a great game tonight.His best so far I think.Femi will sit out a few more Id imagine after that performance.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

ARNU wrote:Im still in the Femi camp but I do reckon Connors had a great game tonight.His best so far I think.Femi will sit out a few more Id imagine after that performance.
Yeah, I'd go along with that. Very good game from Jack.
shoreyda2nd

ARNU wrote:Im still in the Femi camp but I do reckon Connors had a great game tonight.His best so far I think.Femi will sit out a few more Id imagine after that performance.
What he said.
ronaldaggero

credit where credit is due , Jack did have a good game but that's not to say if Femi had played he may have gone onto score a hat trick :)

still feel Femi hadn't done much wrong to get benched for what seems to be a long run , perhaps because we didn't continue our ECS run .

Oh well , I'm not the manager so will continue to get behind who ever wears the shirt .
dagger4eva

Ok, it dawned on me yesterday that I have come to the conclusion that the reason Wayne continually swaps between each player game to game (injuries aside) is that actually neither are up to the job.

That is possibly a tad harsh on Jack who is obviously very young. I'm just not particularly convinced he has what it takes to come good.

Femi, despite a couple of good spurts seems to have gone backwards in his development.
Distribution was never his best attribute anyway but that seems to have got worse. Much worse. And his general positioning and clumsyness is way off whats required.
Even his exciting bombs forward have dried up.

Would like to see a decent LB brough in next season with perhaps Jack kept as back up 1 more season just to see how he does develop.

Any thoughts?