Eastleigh & attendances

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

This maybe irrelevant to us because of our apparent money struggles, but eastleigh's players all chipped in to pay for two coaches to take Eastleigh fans to forest green away. They've also a had free entry game in both seasons since they've been in the conference, that's how you get fans through the gate and looking at their attendances now compared to a few years back these little perks are working. Maybe we should try something like this if we ever get our finances sorted given out dwindling attendances to get some fans back through the gates.
Diggerthedog

TommyD&R wrote:This maybe irrelevant to us because of our apparent money struggles, but eastleigh's players all chipped in to pay for two coaches to take Eastleigh fans to forest green away. They've also a had free entry game in both seasons since they've been in the conference, that's how you get fans through the gate and looking at their attendances now compared to a few years back these little perks are working. Maybe we should try something like this if we ever get our finances sorted given out dwindling attendances to get some fans back through the gates.
They wont have a club is a few years once the bankroller leaves. Ring any bells. :twisted:

In all seriousness they have been winning for 3-4 years consistently like all these clubs lets see how the attendances are once they start losing on a regular basis. They have a much better catchment area then us. How many prem teams are in the vicinity of eastleigh?
TommyD&R

You're not wrong, but my main point is getting more people to attend again.
TommyD&R

Southampton are a 5 minute train journey away, but I think they do the discount deals when you show a prem season ticket at the gate. Notice a lot of clubs doing that at this level.
Last edited by TommyD&R on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auntie Merge

What is the point of paying for people to travel to another clubs ground?

Much better to spend the money on a promotion that brings people into OUR ground and put money behind OUR bar, to boost OUR profits.
Diggerthedog

TommyD&R wrote:You're not wrong, but my main point is getting more people to attend again.
Teams needs to start winning and the prices needs to be lower. I will pay £14 at Solihull on Saturday its £18 for a terrace at home, same product board made a big error on this.

They have Southampton we have, 5 prem clubs much bigger than Southampton to compete with plus others ex prem or smaller prem all within 10-15 miles. I doubt we will ever get big crowds, local make up has changed.
stanton101

£18 to stand at this level is robbery with violence. It should have been £15 across the board, we got relegated ffs!! Do they really think they've done us a massive favour by holding on to last years prices when we're playing at a lower level!!!
DI Mike Dashwood

Its not easy to compare these things, there are loads of factors in play with why crowds at Conference level go up and down.

One thing I would say though is yes, Eastleigh only have Southampton nearby whereas we have lots of clubs, but we have a bigger audience as we are in a much more highly densely populated area. But as I say, thats why its difficult to compare these things.
admin
Site Admin

Yeah spot on, we should be doing things a lot differently to attract new fans or bring back some fans who have stopped attending. We should look at special offers (opportunity missed last Saturday, non league day) and lowering the regular price slightly
Alan

TommyD&R wrote:Southampton are a 5 minute train journey away, but I think they do the discount deals when you show a prem season ticket at the gate. Notice a lot of clubs doing that at this level.
I suggested this when we were in the rymans, conference and league 2.
Amber

Publicity stunt? My bet is Stewart Donald paid for the coaches and asked the players to donate towards the cost.

In the past Eastleigh's crowds seemed healthy but that was due to free passes to local kids.
Amber

Publicity stunt? My bet is Stewart Donald paid for the coaches and asked the players to donate towards the cost.

In the past Eastleigh's crowds seemed healthy but that was due to free passes to local kids.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:Southampton are a 5 minute train journey away, but I think they do the discount deals when you show a prem season ticket at the gate. Notice a lot of clubs doing that at this level.
I suggested this when we were in the rymans, conference and league 2.
Crazy idea specially now with 53,000 season tickets holder at West Ham now....
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:£18 to stand at this level is robbery with violence. It should have been £15 across the board, we got relegated ffs!! Do they really think they've done us a massive favour by holding on to last years prices when we're playing at a lower level!!!
Think you must also include the price for Youngsters in any assessment. If we are a Family Club why are we pricing Familes out of it . Said after Chester how can we justify nearly double the price for the same product for an adult and Child.

Been running a business in my spare time for well over 25 years now and one of the things I was taught at the outset was getting new Customers is the easy part , you can do that in various ways ,getting them to return on a regular basis that's the key

Just get the feeling we are now down to the hard core of our support and perhaps research by the Club has identified this, could be a case of why sell something for £15 when our research says that they will pay £18 no matter what.

Please also don't forget it's only 25 minutes from Eastleigh to those fish fiddelers who attract 15 k per home game so Eastleigh do have a fair amount of competition per rata for population
Amber

Fans will pay whatever they are charged. It is the next generation of fan that will be put off coming to no -league football. £15- £18 is a lot of money for many.