Investment Proposals

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BrexitDagger

See below latest circulation to members with respect to proposals for investment.

To avoid any wool being pulled over ones eyes, I urge you to read very carefully!

And also, very carefully consider one of the final points which states "as you are all aware, the Club is urgently in need of additional finances."

So the next time Stephen Thompson MBE tells you the club is prudent, well run and cuts it's cloth accordingly - you will know how to respond.
Attachments
20160906_150712-768x1365.jpg
20160906_150712-768x1365.jpg (191.33 KiB) Viewed 14798 times
20160906_150701-600x1067.jpg
20160906_150701-600x1067.jpg (189.5 KiB) Viewed 14798 times
20160906_150636-768x1365.jpg
20160906_150636-768x1365.jpg (255.15 KiB) Viewed 14798 times
Mark

Few points.

Who suggested option 1 and why if not everybody listed will actually accept it? Why won't Tamplin accept it? He still gets most votes and shares.

Equal footing proposal sounds most palatable to me but shouldn't JS be first in line to take up the slack if anyone pulls out given his willingness to invest?

I'm deeply uncomfortable with anything that gives Tamplin majority.
Diggerthedog

I feel a protest coming on :lol:
SteveW

So let me get this straight, Tamplin's original offer valued the club at £1.25 million. The first (and modified first) proposal this time around values it at £1 million. The second proposal values it at £800,000 and yes I know it's over 2 years but there is no mention of any money after the second year so that would appear to be it.

Can anyone spot a pattern here?
Diggerthedog

Yeah it's getting cheaper and cheaper as he simply does not have he capital to put it in upfront. Con artist of the highest calibure! He is worth £45m should be like pocket change unless they were all lies just like its his boyhood club.

Tamplin piss off, Thommo and Bennett it's time to go.
Auntie Merge

Mark wrote:Few points.

Who suggested option 1 and why if not everybody listed will actually accept it? Why won't Tamplin accept it? He still gets most votes and shares.

Equal footing proposal sounds most palatable to me but shouldn't JS be first in line to take up the slack if anyone pulls out given his willingness to invest?

I'm deeply uncomfortable with anything that gives Tamplin majority.
This. I feel very uncomfortable with the proposal on the table. I'm really worried too that John Still being in this proposal might swing it, because people will vote for him, without actually thinking of the other people he is in bed with, particularly the controlling interest.

I find it deeply worrying that Tamplin does not agree with any proposal which does not give him controlling interest.
Mark

SteveW wrote:So let me get this straight, Tamplin's original offer valued the club at £1.25 million. The first (and modified first) proposal this time around values it at £1 million. The second proposal values it at £800,000 and yes I know it's over 2 years but there is no mention of any money after the second year so that would appear to be it.

Can anyone spot a pattern here?
How do you work that? 1m for 80% and 800k for 80% value the club at 1.25m and 1m respectively.

Yes the second is clearly cheaper though.
Auntie Merge

I've read through things again.
1. It is very odd that John Still is part of the consortium that gives Tamplin the most control. Is someone (e.g. Tamplin) putting up the cash for him, which is why he isn't in the East/Goodwin lot, which would have made more sense?

2. If the Tamplin deal goes ahead, Steve Thompson becomes a Director, and Dave Bennett, as one of the investors, will also remain the director. Given that both now appear to have lied, in a Time Radio Interview "we do not need to sell" and in writing, is it right that the two people who are highly responsible for the mess we are in (the desperation that we need money now), are involved directly in running of the club going forward.

I will think some more but the proposal being put to the members has DODGY written all over it.
dagger4eva

Lets get it straight in terms of cash Tamplin previously proposed to put in;

Offer 1 - 1.25mil
Offer 2 - 700k
Offer 3 - 125k
Offer 4 - 600k

Stilly involved in the latter bid definitely swings it in Tamplins favour, something im not comfortable with at all.

Its all basically a case of full control or else... and frankly it stinks!!
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:I've read through things again.
1. It is very odd that John Still is part of the consortium that gives Tamplin the most control. Is someone (e.g. Tamplin) putting up the cash for him, which is why he isn't in the East/Goodwin lot, which would have made more sense?

2. If the Tamplin deal goes ahead, Steve Thompson becomes a Director, and Dave Bennett, as one of the investors, will also remain the director. Given that both now appear to have lied, in a Time Radio Interview "we do not need to sell" and in writing, is it right that the two people who are highly responsible for the mess we are in (the desperation that we need money now), are involved directly in running of the club going forward.

I will think some more but the proposal being put to the members has DODGY written all over it.
John Still is a rich man, been in football for many a year. Was on £100k a year when he was last with us and Luton doubled that for him to leave. What was his pay off from Luton? Nice villa in Cyprus too. Trouble with Still is he will walk away from it all in May and probably sell up to Tamplin.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote:

John Still is a rich man, been in football for many a year. Was on £100k a year when he was last with us and Luton doubled that for him to leave. What was his pay off from Luton? Nice villa in Cyprus too. Trouble with Still is he will walk away from it all in May and probably sell up to Tamplin.
That doesn't make sense. He may have money but why would he put money in with Tamplin and not with the Goodwins/Easts? Surely if he wants a part of the club and it is his own money, then he would go with both. As much as I love John Still, this does not feel right.
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

That doesn't make sense. He may have money but why would he put money in with Tamplin and not with the Goodwins/Easts? Surely if he wants a part of the club and it is his own money, then he would go with both. As much as I love John Still, this does not feel right.
It's his last hurrah and like others have said its a cheap shot to get he members to vote for Tamplin. Still like any manager will want a big a budget as he can get.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Auntie Merge wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

He obviously feels that Taplin is the right place to put his money, simple really I would have thought.
NBDag

Bloody hell Sussex that sounds like reasonable thought. Less of that round here please
Hardy1

Maybe Still has done his own research about Tamplin and met him and people who know him and realised he is actually going to be good for the club.

The last foray into the league has obviously ended with the club being up the creak with a small paddle so let's do it again on someone else's money.

It might all go wrong but I'm sure the ride will be fun.