5 from 7

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So we lost one,we weren't tonked,we were away, playing on astroturf just 2 days after a glorious win.We're more used to losing 5 from 7 aint we ?

If we carry on repeating that all season we'll get 100+ points by the end,and we're not even the full article just yet.

We'll lose a few more but it wont be anything like the dross weve been served up for the last 5 years.

Roll on Saturday !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RayleighDagger1986

I am more than happy with the start we've had. There are bigger teams and clubs better financially backed in this league. A top 5 finish is a big poss though.....
Mark

Most of the sides we've played are poor with the exception of Lincoln. Now we're missing a couple it will start to show and we'll need everyone fit to have a fighting chance against the likes of Tranmere fgr, Eastleigh.

Great start but we'll likely stutter at times, just hope the crowd don't get on the team's back too much when it happens.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:Most of the sides we've played are poor with the exception of Lincoln. Now we're missing a couple it will start to show and we'll need everyone fit to have a fighting chance against the likes of Tranmere fgr, Eastleigh.

Great start but we'll likely stutter at times, just hope the crowd don't get on the team's back too much when it happens.
Like yesterday, any tiny mistakes and the verbals start.
Lcbdagger

FGR look the most likely to run away with the league as they are starting to score 4 or 5 a game and can blow teams away... saying that, I've lost money on them winning the league for at least three seasons!

Not overly concerned across a full 46 game season of us coming lower than a playoff place. Incredible how much we have missed Guttridge in the middle though for the short times he hasn't been available. Really think he could have kept us up with a full season last year.
davei

Arnu, this is all well and good and I feel for sure we will be in the promotion hunt at the end of the season. However, my concern right now is the fact, unless I have missed something over the summer months what with the take over and all, JS has for all intents and purposes told the board he will be gone at the end of this season. What are the board doing at this point in time to address that upcoming issue....?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:FGR look the most likely to run away with the league as they are starting to score 4 or 5 a game and can blow teams away... saying that, I've lost money on them winning the league for at least three seasons!

Not overly concerned across a full 46 game season of us coming lower than a playoff place. Incredible how much we have missed Guttridge in the middle though for the short times he hasn't been available. Really think he could have kept us up with a full season last year.
So would we have done at least twice if it was not for the pest of the Goalkeepers who turn up here and play the games of their lives.
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:FGR look the most likely to run away with the league as they are starting to score 4 or 5 a game and can blow teams away... saying that, I've lost money on them winning the league for at least three seasons!

So would we have done at least twice if it was not for the pest of the Goalkeepers who turn up here and play the games of their lives.
They do have a tendency to turn in to Peter Shilton against us right enough. That Sutton keepers save from MD's free kick on Monday was probably the best save he'll ever make in his life and as for the Wrexham keeper well, enough said.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

davei wrote:Arnu, this is all well and good and I feel for sure we will be in the promotion hunt at the end of the season. However, my concern right now is the fact, unless I have missed something over the summer months what with the take over and all, JS has for all intents and purposes told the board he will be gone at the end of this season. What are the board doing at this point in time to address that upcoming issue....?
I believe they've got bigger things on their mind at the moment mate
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

They do have a tendency to turn in to Peter Shilton against us right enough. That Sutton keepers save from MD's free kick on Monday was probably the best save he'll ever make in his life and as for the Wrexham keeper well, enough said.
He was a bit of a nusience to us in his Charlton and Aldershot days . He was magnificent in that memorisable 2-2 draw at Charlton in our league one season. Always thought he was better then the level he ended up playing most of his career at
TommyD&R

[\quote]
He was a bit of a nusience to us in his Charlton and Aldershot days . He was magnificent in that memorisable 2-2 draw at Charlton in our league one season. Always thought he was better then the level he ended up playing most of his career at[/quote]

I remember bugging him up before the Wimbledon game a few years ago then some 40 year old stuck three past him!
davei

AVFL wrote "I believe they've got bigger things on their mind at the moment mate"

Correct, but I would like to think the professionals who run this club can handle more than one issue at a time. Especially when one (the sale) appears to be a maybe/maybe not and the other, the JS issue, is a known well documented upcoming problem.
SteveW

davei wrote:AVFL wrote "I believe they've got bigger things on their mind at the moment mate"

Correct, but I would like to think the professionals who run this club can handle more than one issue at a time. Especially when one (the sale) appears to be a maybe/maybe not and the other, the JS issue, is a known well documented upcoming problem.
Good one Dave, great sense of humour you have.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Genuinely you mentioning it earlier was the first I've ever heard of it, 'well-documented' I'm really not sure
davei

I do believe (to be corrected of course) this was an 18 month gig. I did read somewhere, cannot remember where, he had plans to retire in 18 months. Now, things do change of course, and as I say, I am somewhat removed from the daily goings on, but his current contract ends at the end of this season (18 month after signing) so it would seem to fit with what was being bandied around at the time by others. Of course if those closer to the action can correct me, so be it. Frankly, I hope he signs an extension.......