Poor

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

Thought we looked 2nd best in all departments today.
Sutton worked out a plan to deal with Hawkins and he hardly got a sniff!!

Better once Gutteridge came on but concerning that he only lasted 20 minutes!!! we are only average without him!

Justham our player of the match by a mile!
redboy

Agree we were poor, but over the 90 minutes didn't feel either side deserved to win. Justham had very little to do so I'm miffed by your motm nomination Jeff. We missed Boucard and Gutteridge in the middle and for most of the game didn't pass the ball through midfield at all. The long ball to Hawkings, they either defended well or fouled him which invariably passed by the ref's view who I also thought was poor. We have beaten better teams than Sutton so far this season, so most disappointed with today's result.
Diggerthedog

Hawkins missed a sitter they cleared one of the line and Maggie Drew had a superb free kick saved well. Think some of our fans need a reality check we are not going to steam roller teams. Both teams we have been beaten by have better crowds then us. Once we get injuries to our experienced players we will struggle to dominate but were worthy of a point today.

That tackle on Benson was a shocker hope that players snaps his knee ligaments in both legs the dirty c...
daggersjeff

Agreed the ref was poor....he wouldn't of lost control of the players if he'd red carded the guy who went through Staunton(?) in the first half...Sutton wouldnt have got away with as much as they did!!

My MOTM nomination was a little tongue-in-cheek as I didn't think that anyone worked hard enough to deserve it, but Justham was a lot busier today than he was on saturday!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:Hawkins missed a sitter they cleared one of the line and Maggie Drew had a superb free kick saved well. Think some of our fans need a reality check we are not going to steam roller teams. Both teams we have been beaten by have better crowds then us. Once we get injuries to our experienced players we will struggle to dominate but were worthy of a point today.

That tackle on Benson was a shocker hope that players snaps his knee ligaments in both legs the dirty c...
He missed two sitters in my book 20 seconds before they score he fails to connect to a similar chance to what they score from and the second one he does not even hit the target.

How anybody thought our Goalkeeper was the best player God only knows don't think he had anything to do but the routine stuff.

We had the better of the chances, they had one and took it simple from where I was looking.
We never got going on the plastic let's be honest , the ball was always doing something and our antcipation was poor as was our decision making . The goal was a calamity and I put it down to a bad day at the Office.

Really confident that if we play that game on grass we win , sorry if that is the way forward well I would rather be a dinasour stuck in a time warp, not a fan at all.

We are far better then that and a far better team then Sutton of that I am confident, my only concearn is that they are the second team to get in our faces and we have lost to both. Games like this we see what Gutteridge brings to us .
lupins

Couldn't agree more that type of surface is not good for football
Sutton scored we missed a couple sums it up
I thought Sutton were wasting time from the moment they scored and with that and the pitch it was a terrible bitty stop start game
Mark

Draw would've been fair. They were poor but so were we. They had chances first half but we dominated second without really showing much quality.
admin
Site Admin

Harsh words on here I think.

I actually think we worth a point today. Few things to note.

- Sutton weren't a nice team to play against, they were very dirty making a number of challenges (which weren't terrible but enough to warrant penalising) and were left unpunished. On top of that there was a number of time wasting incidents from them
- I'm totally against the plastic pitch as it gives an unfair advantage to the home team who are used to play on it every week, we aren't used to that.
- We did miss a couple of chances to make it level which I was disappointed with
- Gave a lot of space for the goal, can see a couple of weaker links at the back

Overall I'm happy with the team though, worked hard and felt they deserved more. Decent away day as well in terms of the day out
Dagdale

Talk about come crashing down to earth, think most of us venturing over there today didn't expect that sort of performance, think its true though Sutton seemed to knock out our danger players and I'd honestly say they edged the game more in general, couldn't really see their goalie making a outstanding save anywhere and other than a ball clearing off their line from I think JMD we looked a shadow of our recent winning formula. Although its bit of a drag to get there and back I'd say great little ground with pride in seeing no hostilities towards one another, and thought a pretty good turn out from us, them and the neutrals, how did they get 14,000 in there when they played Leeds though?
stanton101

First half we weren't at the races at all, but second half I thought we pissed all over them. I can only remember them having one shot that went well wide. If Hawkins had buried that sitter I think we'd have gone on to win it. They will definitely win more than they lose on that trampoline of a pitch, it's a disgrace and a lot of teams will pick up injuries playing on it. Shame about Guttridge being injured again but I guess we'll have to get used to him being injury prone. All in all I think we deserved a point and for me our man of the match was Robson. Onward and upward.
DaggerJoel11

We didn't take our chances, they did, it's as simple as that. Sutton were very lucky in my book as they could've had 2 sendings off, 1 in first half which would've swung the momentum massively. Agree with the plastic pitch stuff, it does give them an advantage and apparently they didn't let us shoot or warm up on the pitch. However Forest Green played Maidstone on Saturday on 3G and won 4-1, it's no excuse.

If there's one thing I've learned so far it's that we don't react well to going behind.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
TommyD&R

We can't win them all. They're no mugs, a really well organised team who are hard to break down. We just didn't create chances like we have been, the only clear cut chance we created ourself was the one that was blocked off the line in the first half. Thought we defended well, apart from Staunton bottling the challenge and no one covering Doe when he went out wide to try and close down the man, which we got punished for, we looked quite comfortable. Agree that Robson is looking good and he'll only get better with experience as will a lot of the players who haven't played at this level before. Don't get too down on this one result!
mickeyblue

pitch played a massive part in game, for one the goal doe got beat bye the bounce from the throw which there forward read well. doe clears that on normal grass.
we was the better team, second half did they have a shot?. on another day hawkins smashes it in and we go on and win the game.

couldnt even make the ten men count as ended up with 10 ourself. we lost the game in midfield and missed boucard badly. howell boucard and gutteridge we tonk these.

oh well coyd saturday.

lets just get this takeover sorted so we can get a player or 4 in or not.
but we finished 9th!
Richie

Blaming the pitch is an excuse that doesn't wash for me. Didn't notice it behave anything different to grass from behind the goal. As has been said we lost but didn't play that badly, was two solid sides, needed to take a chance or 2.

One thing though, what does Raymond actually offer? Gets better in the eyes of some the more he sits on the bench.
TommyD&R

Richie wrote: One thing though, what does Raymond actually offer? Gets better in the eyes of some the more he sits on the bench.
Yeah I was a Raymond backer but I have to agree he's shown nothing from the minutes he's played so far