Sutton United

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

So, after the euphoria of yesterday's fine 3-0 victory over Wrexham, we have a chance to continue the momentum at Sutton United tomorrow. I expect a reshuffle amongst the team with maybe Whitely, Benno, Cousins etc getting starts. John Still has said tomorrow will be a harder game than yesterday especially as Sutton will want to recover from the hammering they suffered yesterday at Chester. I'm less optimistic about this one but still think we'll grab the win - 2-1 with maybe Guttridge and Maguire-Drew scoring. Tranmere face Guiseley though so I imagine we'll stay second.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
stanton101

I'm going for a 2-2 draw purely because we might need to make changes, but then again the same can be said for Sutton. If we play like we did yesterday then we'll win comfortably, but I'll take the draw, to keep the momentum going.
ARNU

Daggers 3-1.

May the run continue.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

They have Dickson up top how hard can tomorrow be :lol: back him for first goalscorer.
redboy

I don't see why we would need to make changes unless players are injured. We should be full of confidence, so why bring in Benno for someone who's just scored a hat-trick or Cousins for a goalie who's racked up another clean sheet. Sutton got smashed yesterday so great opportunity to build on our momentum from yesterday.

The jury for me is still out with Fey, think he has the ability, just lacks experience. Apart from that, delighted with Staunton coming in and Whitley looks like another Gayle/Jones that will have Mr Tamblin rubbing his hands together!
leewilson

We don't need to switch goalkeepers at this moment in time (he wasn't exactly exerted much vs Wrexham) but there are 3-4 changes that could be made for freshness.

Guttridge would be one I rest. He may well be injured anyway but he's imperative to the season and the last thing we want is him to pick up an injury through overplaying. Whitely coming in for him makes sense.

Hawkins depends on whether he has had any reaction to the injury that kept him out of Woking.

The rest is up to Still's judgement. He'll be able to see who looks like they can cope with another 90 and who may need a break. Defence wise we don't have much choice anyway, but there may be an opportunity for Raymond or even Assombalonga.

We'll see.
Auntie Merge

Didn't make yesterday and sadly won't make tomorrow.
It seems we keep winning a half 3-0. So I'm going to be bold and say tomorrow will be a game of two halves. Sutton 0 Daggers 6.

(what is the record for goals scored in this division?)
rechitski kinzhal

Isn't it a plastic pitch? Could be problematic.
Diggerthedog

It's 4G and veggie greens won 4-1 at Maidstone yesterday same surface so no excuses.
mickeyblue

2 changes tomorrow i reckon gutteridge and one of the wingers. gutteridge was limping down tunnel at the end so might need the rest.

my 1st away game tomorrow, going up by train, does any know any pubs thats child friendly? does clubhouse accept away fans? edit yes the clubhouse accepts away fans :)

thanks

micky.

as for 3g pitches if you are not used to them then we will be giving a massive advantage away. the ball moves alot different than normal pitches.
but we finished 9th!
daggersjeff

mickeyblue wrote:2 changes tomorrow i reckon gutteridge and one of the wingers. gutteridge was limping down tunnel at the end so might need the rest.

my 1st away game tomorrow, going up by train, does any know any pubs thats child friendly? does clubhouse accept away fans? edit yes the clubhouse accepts away fans :)
No trains to Sutton or West Sutton, info on website about alternatives.........clubhouse accepts visiting support
mickeyblue

thanks jeff

i wouldnt use the route the OS suggests, look on suttons website which suggests northern line to morden then bus. pubs directly opp station or clubhouse for me. well will prob do a few.
but we finished 9th!