Dave Bennett interview

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324618

DIggerDagger talks to Daggers chairman Dave Bennett.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chigwellian

Good interview Mike
Voice of reason

Very illuminating

To be charitable it seems that most involved had good intentions including Dave Bennett as far as I can tell from this article

Perhaps not all the others though

Now that Dave has made things clearer I would say that the chance of 75% of the members voting to change the constitution is 0%

That's why clubs like ours are set up as they are

It makes it extremely difficult to change.

Especially if the motives for the change are contentious
Mikins

Good stuff Mike,

Can't say I trust Tamplin still, I think brushing off the insolvencies part was very worrying as it just isn't standard business practice if you're good at business and having a big house doesnt mean you're still rich, it just means you spent it when you had it, its more of a Donald Trump tactic, burn one bridge but quickly build another whilst the first is still on fire.

Plus his reputation with people who know him seems to be considerably different to the business persona he brought to the members meeting.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Sagres

Excellent update - Lets hope all interested parties get together soon to work something out.
rechitski kinzhal

Well done, Mike, excellent interview. Whilst in many ways it was heartwarming and very nice, it didn't actually go anywhere.
As we sit here, we have a team that has had one unfortunate game, but won all the others (with the exception of Lincoln, at a canter), clearly many of the fans are like me and suddenly starting to have real enjoyment again, the crowds so far have not dipped ..... things on the pitch are as good as we could have hoped for, and we have signed a new player and taken on a new (well, old) member of the management team in Terry Harris. Surely, providing John Still hangs about, the wage bill and other associated costs will settle down and we can continue as we always have done. If Tamplin is such a well-intentioned guy (and I have no reason to think otherwise) he can sponsor as much as he likes and be given any "title" he wants, and his TOWIE mates are welcome anytime. I just still see no reason to sell "ownership" of the club.
A woman can only sell her virginity once!
Mark

Has he completely contradicted the Easts on how the valuation/percentage came about?
NBDag

If he really is willing to open up his offer to be combined with Goodwin (which seems to be the case from this interview) then Goodwin has to take it. If they split their investment down the middle £125k each and take 40% of the shares each we will have no one with controlling interest. If Tamplin then proves himself to be reliable and good for the club, I'm sure Goodwin would not have a problem selling his shares back to him a few years down the line. I really cannot see how this wouldn't be a win-win scenario for everyone. Apart from Tamplin if he doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:If he really is willing to open up his offer to be combined with Goodwin (which seems to be the case from this interview) then Goodwin has to take it. If they split their investment down the middle £125k each and take 40% of the shares each we will have no one with controlling interest. If Tamplin then proves himself to be reliable and good for the club, I'm sure Goodwin would not have a problem selling his shares back to him a few years down the line. I really cannot see how this wouldn't be a win-win scenario for everyone. Apart from Tamplin if he doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart.
50% of what Tamplin is offering is £625k though, not £125k. They would have to match him on future investment too.
Dave Bennett wrote:"If someone ends up holding 5% of the club and the club needs further investment down the line, they will be expected to make their share of that investment. As far as I am aware the other group have only ever committed to a one off investment."
NBDag

£125k a year
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:£125k a year
Dave Bennett wrote:"As far as I am aware the other group have only ever committed to a one off investment."
NBDag

Mike I'm not talking about Goodwin's old offer I'm talking about if he was to take Tamplin up on the chance of joining him in this new offer.
TommyD&R

Mike the Dagger wrote:http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324618

DIggerDagger talks to Daggers chairman Dave Bennett.
Have to say I'm really enjoying this site being more active again. Good work!
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Mike I'm not talking about Goodwin's old offer I'm talking about if he was to take Tamplin up on the chance of joining him in this new offer.
I'm pretty sure that they will start with a blank sheet of paper is all parties sit round the table. The club is still valued as it was, but all options for how that gets split up are open. It is pretty clear though that if you are wanting a piece of the pie, you need to commit to all that entails down the line.
NBDag

Mike the Dagger wrote:
NBDag wrote:Mike I'm not talking about Goodwin's old offer I'm talking about if he was to take Tamplin up on the chance of joining him in this new offer.
I'm pretty sure that they will start with a blank sheet of paper is all parties sit round the table. The club is still valued as it was, but all options for how that gets split up are open. It is pretty clear though that if you are wanting a piece of the pie, you need to commit to all that entails down the line.
You've completely lost me now. I don't get what this has to do with anything haha. I was just saying what I believe might be a logical/beneficial scenario.