Is it time to say "thanks, but no thanks, Mr Tamplin"?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
rechitski kinzhal

We were told that we need this new investment in order to be able to "compete for a top 5 finish".
Well here we are sitting in fourth place so surely the last thing we want to do is rock the boat. Of course it is early days, and it would be stupid to think we will stay in this position all season. But what we have shown already is that John Still has taken us back to the point we were ten or more years ago, getting lower league players to shine, finding players who may be a little lacking in ability and finish but more than compensating in attitude and effort and teamwork. And the result, as we can see from the comments in other threads, is that the football has become a pleasure - something that had disappeared from the last few seasons. Personally I had more entertainment in the first 45 minutes last night than in the whole of last season .... and at Guiseley I just had a really pleasant day, not only because of the football, but the whole atmosphere around it. We have seen that many of the new players have great potential which may, or may not, be realised ..... but that attitude that was the bedrock of our previous success was so apparent last night ..... so how is bringing in new players going to guarantee we will have more of a chance to compete for a top 5 finish? Would any of you really want to replace any of the existing team - yes some of them made mistakes last night - but every time, there was another player in a perfect to position to mop up - it was an absolute pleasure. Personally I will be surprised if we make top 5, but if we have a lot more of what we have had in three of the games so far this season, then I will be very happy.
"Thanks for the offer, Mr Tamplin, but we don't actually need such investment at the moment. You are welcome to become a member, sponsor as much as you wish, maybe even come to the games with your TOWIE mates and enjoy the football over a few beers ...... and please continue to help Harry Parker, it is a great thing you are doing for him. But as for taking over the club, no thanks".
Alan

This ^
TommyD&R

If only. I recon the deal is already done.
Alan

No deal can be done without a resolution of the members at a general meeting.
lupins

Its not about replacing any of the current yes very exciting and interesting set of players its about supporting them and finding some more gems

When Doey went down last night looking pretty done for my first thought was who will be centre half Saturday we are getting a bit short

The investment proposed doesn't remotely make us suddenly big spenders in light of our anticipated running losses I would think it merely greatly helps. Do the math based on last nights crowds and what does that support

Lets hear what its really about
Mark

What anticipated losses? Thomo says we're financially fine.
Alan

Yeah, we've got a budget we can live with and no cash flow problems, according to Tommo.

I think that Time need to invite Tommo to debate with the consortium, because they can't both be right.