Harry Parker

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

The young chap Tamplin chucked 5K at was scheduled to be mascot at tonight’s game however, the original website article has since been updated and he is now mascot for the BT Sport televised game vs Wrexham.

If I see the “new Dagenham and Redbridge Chairman” on the pitch handing over the £5k cheque I think I might be sick on the terrace.

*PR STUNT ALERT*
NBDag

The bastard! Giving this kid and his charity some nationwide publicity through national TV! It makes me sick to see what our family club has become. The nerve Tamplin has.

Irrespective of his motives, he's doing a lot more to help this kid walk than anyone else. Yes Tamplin is probably aware that this is going to make him look nice, but thats because what he is doing is a genuinely nice thing. Again, irrespective of his motives. None of us like him, but let's find proper reasons to not like him. Because if it was Goodwin or Hanning trying to organise this, I'm sure that we'd have a completely different perspective towards it, despite their motives being the same as Tamplin.
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote:The bastard! Giving this kid and his charity some nationwide publicity through national TV! It makes me sick to see what our family club has become. The nerve Tamplin has.

Irrespective of his motives, he's doing a lot more to help this kid walk than anyone else. Yes Tamplin is probably aware that this is going to make him look nice, but thats because what he is doing is a genuinely nice thing. Again, irrespective of his motives. None of us like him, but let's find proper reasons to not like him. Because if it was Goodwin or Hanning trying to organise this, I'm sure that we'd have a completely different perspective towards it, despite their motives being the same as Tamplin.
If he is worth £45m why not give the boy the full money? We have become a soap opera.
Kevin

NBDag wrote:The bastard! Giving this kid and his charity some nationwide publicity through national TV! It makes me sick to see what our family club has become. The nerve Tamplin has.

I actually completely agree with this.

Am extremely sceptical of Mr Tamplin's bid - especially the piecemeal purchase of shares - but, if a by-product of it is that a young kid gets some help, then I don't have a problem with that at all.
dagger4eva

Hold up a sec - there quite obviously isn't going to be a single person in the stadium who isn't happy for the young kid to be getting the help, money & treatment he needs - and like I said in an earlier thread on the matter, I'll chuck a couple of quid in myself.

But, its the way the kid appears to be used as a pawn, a sweetener to show oh what a lovely chap Mr Tamplin is. That's the only thing that reeks to me..... and proven by the fact the Waltham abbey local rag was headlining it as "Daggers Chairman donates 5k" :roll:
admin
Site Admin

Obvious PR Stunt. Don't like it one bit.

However if the kid is going to get help and a life changing amount of money then I wish the kid all the best
SteveW

Diggerthedog wrote:

If he is worth £45m why not give the boy the full money? We have become a soap opera.
We'll become a TOWIE destination, you can imagine the bars in the club becoming orange.
SteveW

Are you really as naive as you come across on here?
NBDag

Diggerthedog- I really don't know why he hasn't paid the full amount, when he could probably afford to easily. However he's still given a huge amount to be fair to him.

SteveW- I'm a bit confused about how I'm being naive here?

And as I said who wouldn't be lapping this all up if it was one of the Goodwin consortium or Hanning who was pushing for this kid's charity?
lupins

Its being open minded fella that will get you nowhere here
The Romford Dagger

Agreed
Chigwellian

If you want the majority to get 'on side', bring a kid into the equation.
It happened with the capsized boats off Greece, with the picture of the poor dead kid on the beach, then all of a sudden, the papers were full of comments that we should take in refugees and vote to remain in Europe.

This is a stunt,.... although I feel for the kid, and wish him well, does not mean that Tamplin should become 'owner' because of this.
He may pull the wool over some people on here, .... but not me!
TommyD&R

Would Tamplin really still be helping the kid if he wasn't trying to buy a football club?
SUSSEX DAGGER

TommyD&R wrote:Would Tamplin really still be helping the kid if he wasn't trying to buy a football club?
From where I am standing he won't have to try that hard to buy a football Club.

If you were trying to buy a business and you offered the asking price do you think any vendor would agree to you paying Fifth as a down payment and the remainder over the next 5 years interest free, it might catch on but somehow I doubt it .

This arrangement would make SiD blush