Dear mr tampon

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Please sink large amounts of money into our skint little club. In return you'll get no thanks, you'll be abused on social media by fans who'll never meet you and despite your good intentions and the cast iron fact you'll lose every penny you put in you will in the eyes of a small minority always be regarded as a crook or the reason anything ever went wrong. ( have 5 minutes with Wayne Burnett). I personally think your offer is good and I'd imagine your intentions are well meant. This however hasn't stopped me finding your surname the source of great hilarity and the motivation for your new nickname. Oh and as long as you don't change anything or do anything at all different you might win over the decenters.

If you can deal with all that welcome aboard.

Now.... We need a roof over the bury road end lol!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Also....
Watch out for a total lack of sense of humour and inability to recognise irony.
mickeyblue

quick say something funny
but we finished 9th!
stanton101

I said towards the end of last season that getting relegated would be a disaster when hoofy finally finished off what Wayne started. The general consensus was that the club had had a jolly old time of it playing the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton etc but many would deem the club to have settled back down to its level, with many stating they would prefer to see the team win some games in the vanarama instead of losing games in league 2. Well bravo, your wishes have come true. People have lost their jobs, the academy has gone, the squad size is barely capable of sustaining a season barring the inevitable injuries that occur, the ground on a Saturday will become the biggest library in Essex and the hierarchy doesn't know which way is up! But still never mind, let's all have a jolly old time at Guisely, with Jonny hoof and co.
All this and along comes Mr Tamplin, who many have deemed to be the devil incarnate already, without so much as ever clapping eyes on the man! Whether or not the mans level of interest in the club is genuine or not, the abuse hurled at him is simply shameful. If any prospective buyer/financer of the club wanted to put money in to it, seeing this would surely make him think twice and run for the hills.
dagger4eva

Ahh Stanton you were doing so well but then lost me at "abuse" ....

Next.
Diggerthedog

Funny how it's the short term fans that want the investment......
TommyD&R

What is this abuse? I've seen people say he's not wanted at the club on here and social media. That's about as bad as it's got and I wouldn't class that as abuse.
Dagdale

Cant get over this tug of war going through our club the last few weeks, why the urgency now? Its come out at hell of a wrong time, when, from what I've seen a few games pre- season a team John's built again that looks like they really want to play for this club and we may at last go forwards. Shouldn't this have been sorted out when we started diving quicker out of the Football League than a brilliant Tom Daley dive! I've heard we need around 300K a season to survive, well times down Victoria Road may be heading for unsettled pastures, but a highly motivated and successful climb up surely will bring more fans in and there are many more ways of bringing cash into it, East London/Essex companies must be crying out for somewhere solid to advertise, and if that fails start bringing the buckets out fast!
RayleighDagger1986

The seasons upon us and I just want to concentrate with what going on the pitch rather than behind the scenes. All this is very distracting, I hope the players keep there heads and not worry about who might or might not take over.
Clubs involved in takeover tend to not do so well on the pitch. What we all need to do come Saturday is get right behind the boys!!
lupins

To answer the abuse question I would say you can't seriously think it hasn't happened. Even this thread title continues it at a level
Maybe a thick skin is required to rise above it but I don't think it has been very clever by the "Members"

And as a supporter of sound investment just to clarify not a short term fan
stanton101

dagger4eva wrote:Ahh Stanton you were doing so well but then lost me at "abuse" ....

Next.
Erm, I'll give you a clue. The title of this thread. And may I suggest specsavers.
ARNU

I didn't think I was going to have to explain irony.

I like the sound of the deal,Im sure the man has good intentions,he will be disliked treated with suspicion and go largely unthanked by a few,no doubt wont get a financial return for his money so it must be something hes half interested in at least.And if he dosent know that already(Thommo explained it to him quite concisely)he will get a funny nickname or two,ask dave the plumber(Was that me as well?)then maybe he should think twice.

Genuinely whoever invests here is to be thanked praised and given a chance.

I say take his offer.
Alan

stanton101 wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Ahh Stanton you were doing so well but then lost me at "abuse" ....

Next.
Erm, I'll give you a clue. The title of this thread. And may I suggest specsavers.
He pulled out on 6th July, so I'm not sure that the title of this thread Is relevant to the pertinent question as to the level of online abuse he and his family received causing him to pull out. So, what abuse did he and his family receive prior to 6th July? Or was it a rouse to reconfigure his bid with people that he thought would be more popular with supporters?
Alan

By the way, I remain unconvinced by the consortium's bid. It doesn't make economic sense. Neither does handing over 80% for 250k.

We need some fresh thinking on the board and some commercial thinking. Why aren't we doing more half time things on the pitch with local kids, for example? I know it would interrupt the subs games of keepy uppy, but surely we could do something more? Other clubs do.
Diggerthedog

We have just not grown commercially. What happened to the meet the players and team/fans squad photo day? Could have tied that in with the new away kit. We drop the ball on all these things.