Rhys Murphy staying put

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

I hope this means we will keep hold of him til the end of the season.

The proviso is in the statement that if another club comes in for him, he will be allowed to talk to them.

Fingers crossed they don't!!!
Auntie Merge

Fantastic news. Great for us and Well done to Wayne too
SUSSEX DAGGER

daggersjeff wrote:I hope this means we will keep hold of him til the end of the season.

The proviso is in the statement that if another club comes in for him, he will be allowed to talk to them.

Could be case that like some of our supporters he thinks he is worth more then Peterborough are prepared to pay him or for him.
Masked Man

daggersjeff wrote:

From our point of view, yes. But really? Do we expect our players' Dreams to end at Victoria Road? Would you give up dreams of working for KFC if Dixy signed you up to toss hot wings?

We should appreciate our players whilst we have them. But also expect 100% every Saturday they are OUR player!!
lupins

Well done that man not just because I love watching you in a red shirt but for making not necessarily the obvious decision but clearly the right decision at this time or you.

That's not always the easiest way forward - kudos
NickMurphy

Great news, very happy that someone has finally bucked the trend and turned Posh down.
Kevin

Great news - top stuff there Rhys..!!

I like strikers who can score goals. Rhys Murphy is a striker..and he can score goals.

Perhaps he could score a couple on Saturday to celebrate..?? ;-)

C'mon you Daggers..!!
Richie

Have some of that MacAnthony! Great news, bring on Scunthorpe!
ronaldaggero

Really great news , well done Rhys , next thing to do is sign a longer contract :)
Seriously , you are part of a team on the brink of doing something special , the players are trying to play football and effort from the whole team is superb , keep the team together with this attitude , collectively the club should do well. We have to stick together just need some of the other guys to also stick the ball in the net , two important games coming up ....... Come on youuuuuuu Redsssss . Up the daggers !!!
Lcbdagger

Great news... after seeing how Gayle and Macca (before his injuries) gt on there I thought Murphy was a certainty to leave... let's follow this up with a belter on Saturday
matt_drfc

I would think that this news will give a big boost to players as well as us. Looking forward to Saturday!