Dragon's Den time

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Dragon's Den time

Poll ended at Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:33 am

Stay under the current structure (Members Club) with no outside investment
43%
Go with the Glenn Tamplin "constortium" (Tamplin investing £250k a year for 80% of the club over 5 years in installments, backed by Dave Bennett and Chris Smythe)
7%
Go with the East/Ward/Goodwin consortium (£250k to stabilise the club for 51% of the club with the group then reorganising the way it is run going forward)
29%
Seek another investor
14%
Something else as yet unspecified (feel free to make suggestions on this thread)
7%

Total votes: 28
Mike the Dagger

Given the information available as at Tuesday 2nd August what is the best way forward for Dagenham & Redbridge FC?

For a summary of the situation as it stands, links to the various interviews and statements issued see http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324614.
mickeyblue

i vote look for someone else but that be hard work as i doubt many would want to invest in a football team that loses money. but i dont think our current mob have there heart in it, tampon shouldnt be trusted and godders is not a high enough offer and i dont like the way he has gone about it.
but we finished 9th!
BrexitDagger

Tamplin's consortium has got 1 vote ...

Assume Thommo finally remembered his forum login password :lol:
Kevin

I went for "Something else".

- Tamplin's deal just doesn't make commercial sense to me. Have increments of 16% ownership each time £250k is paid - or pay £1m up front to own 64%. Offering £250k to instantly own 80% would be laughed at by any serious business.

- Staying exactly the same would seem to be pretty iffy - it really does seem like some changes are needed. Steve Thompson has done a lot of great work in the past - unfortunately, his recent record & judgement has been far from great..I certainly don't have faith in him dealing with either any potential investors, or the funds that they may put in.

- The Goodwin consortium is a country mile off being enough cash to hand over ownership for. I'm sure him, his Dad & all the others are nice chaps, but accepting just £250k for control of the club would be based on sentiment.

I'd be keen for the Goodwin consortium to perhaps spend a little less time on the radio & more on securing additional investors to make their option a viable proposal.
Mike the Dagger

Kevin wrote:I went for "Something else".

- Tamplin's deal just doesn't make commercial sense to me. Have increments of 16% ownership each time £250k is paid - or pay £1m up front to own 64%. Offering £250k to instantly own 80% would be laughed at by any serious business.

- Staying exactly the same would seem to be pretty iffy - it really does seem like some changes are needed. Steve Thompson has done a lot of great work in the past - unfortunately, his recent record & judgement has been far from great..I certainly don't have faith in him dealing with either any potential investors, or the funds that they may put in.

- The Goodwin consortium is a country mile off being enough cash to hand over ownership for. I'm sure him, his Dad & all the others are nice chaps, but accepting just £250k for control of the club would be based on sentiment.

I'd be keen for the Goodwin consortium to perhaps spend a little less time on the radio & more on securing additional investors to make their option a viable proposal.
Yep, agree with pretty much all that, although staying as is would most likely mean some changes anyway. If the Members went for staying as is in the face of the Board pushing for Tamplin, would Tommo and Bennett have enough brass neck to not resign?

I reckon Tommo would stay put as long as possible and blame any issues that come up on not getting the investment in when it was available personally. This will of course further endear him to the Daggers faithful and widen the current splits and mithering.