The Cricket Season Continues

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Amongst all the negativity on here football wise, it is easy to forget the cricket season is still going on.

So in my annual shameless plug, please put Sunday 4th September in your diary as it is the date of the Annual Benefit Match between Upminster CC and an Essex CCC XI, at Upminster Park.

As the County do not have an individual beneficiary this Year, the game is being played in aid of the Essex Cricket Foundation, and Youth Cricket at Upminster. The Essex Cricket Foundation does great work across Essex and East London to enable youngsters from all backgrounds to take part in cricket. Upminster's Youth section provides cricket to over 230 youngsters in the area.

These games are always a great afternoon and Essex will be sure to send down a strong team for the game. The 30 overs a side contest will begin at 1.30pm with the beer tent and BBQ available from midday. Entrance is by programme, priced at £2.50 and available on the day or in advance from various businesses in the Upminster area.

In the past a number of Daggers fans have attended the games, and normally Mr Thompson pops along for a few beers so you may be able to discuss some of your issues with him.

If anyone needs any more details, let me know.

Dashers
IanC

Cheers Paul for the heads up,i was determined to get over there this year having missed the last two through work.And would you believe it, im away on holiday! But im sure we will make up for it throughout the season away from home at some lovely clubhouses etc,be like the ol days and of course swapping ends!
DI Mike Dashwood

And I even moved it back to the traditional September date to cater for you Bill ha ha!!

No worries mate. Be good to catch up once season starts and have a few beers. Despite all the other nonsense going on I am looking forward to a lot of the trips, starting (for me) with Gander Green Lane on BHM.
IanC

Yep sure will mate be good to catch up,and we will be at Sutton too.Am I guessing right that you will be still be doing cricket when we go to Solihull,looking forward to that trip.Nice cheap train tickets for that one.
DI Mike Dashwood

Cricket finishes on 3rd Saturdays wise Bill, so will see if any of the lads fancy a trip to the Midlands on 10th.

Just giving this a bump folks, apologies.

Just 10 days until Essex come to Upminster Park for this Annual Benefit Match. Programmes available from many businesses in Upminster (Gates, Parish & Co; Batemans Newsagents; Govanis Chemists; Kalijeera Tandoori).

Be great to see a few faces from Dagenham at the game as there has been in the past few years.

Cheers
DI Mike Dashwood

Just a reminder re game tomorrow for anyone interested.

Weather for tomorrow looking ok and Essex have confirmed that Tendo, Dave Masters, Nick Browne and Ravi Bopara will all be in the side.

So why not get along and debate today's defeat over a few beers and a burger.
Hardy1

Always a good game. The following Sunday Dagenhams only cricket team, Goresbrook CC, play in the finals day of the Essex County Under 19 T20 blast at Billericay having beat Upminster in the quarter finals last week at May and Bakers.

The semi final starts at 1030 and the final a little later should we beat Oakfield Parks.

Come to Billericay to support your local cricket team.
DI Mike Dashwood

Best of luck to the Goresbrook lads next Sunday. I watched the Quarter Final with our boys last week, and although it was a low scoring affair it was a very exciting game of cricket and the Goresbook lads put in a great performance in the field to get home.

The guys at Goresbrook have done a tremendous amount of work over the past few years in building the Club up, especially the Youth section, so I hope they can crown this with a trophy next weekend.
hockley dagger

All very exciting at the moment with Essex going for promotion. Hockley Dagger junior and me are lining up an afternoon trip to Chelmsford next Tuesday before dashing down to the Daggers. It's a pity Sussex Dagger's boys caved into Kent the other day as Junior mentioned to him!