Latest Smoke-screen circular

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BrexitDagger

To all Full & Life Members

Further to the informal meeting held on the 6th July the Board of Dagenham & Redbridge FC have met to discuss the implications of what it believes was the message coming from you the Members. We believe that it was clear by the show of hands that the Members have, by and large, accepted the requirement of outside investment into the Club if it is to continue its journey as a successful Club at the level it has aspired to over the past 25 years. However as well as having the correct people at the helm it is also important to have a level of investment to warrant the handing cover of a controlling interest in the Club.

The Chairman and Managing Director have held several meetings with potential investors who may be able to deliver on both of these goals. Members of the Board have also consulted solicitors and financial experts to form a plan as to how any future investment can be achieve, especially in light of our relatively unusual set up as a Company Limited by Guarantee. In particular we have focused much attention of any possible tax liability, especially in the are of Capital Gains Tax.

One of the people we are in discussion with is Mr Glenn Tamplin with a view of him being part of a consortium which would include two or more existing Directors of the Club.

However before we can bring any firm proposals to an EGM of the Club we need to resolve the issues around the setting up of a new company, how the interest of the existing Members in this new company are held and managed and the question of any Capital Gains Tax Liability. Once these issues have been resolved we will be in a position to call an EGM as promised. If at the same time we are also able to recommend a person or persons to invest into the club we will of course do so.

On a separate matter the issuing of these letters has shown that as a club we are clearly not making full use of the digital age and included with this letter is a form which I would ask you to complete and return to Mark our Club Secretary if you would prefer any further correspondence to be sent to you by e-mail. This would obviously be more efficient and cost effective. However if you chose not to then correspondence will still be posted to you in the normal way.

Yours sincerely

Dave Bennett
Mike the Dagger

So we are proceeding with dismantling the way the club is owned based on a show of hands at an informal meeting where no formal offer of investment was presented? WTF!!

Who are the two board members who are part of the new Tamplin group?

Why is there no consideration or mention of the other offer on the table?

How soon are the tax issues which Lee Goodwin brought up in his interview on Saturday going to bite?

Are we at the edge of the cliff as Gooders implied, in which case is this matter going to come to a head at the point when the club has virtually no options but to take the Tamplin money or go into Admin with all that will result in?

I have it on good authority that Tamplin was offering £3m for Bishop's Stortford FC earlier in the year having been approached by them when they heard he was interested in buying Brentwood Town. The extra value of that club seems to have been based on it owning the ground, and he pulled out late at the point the first installment of cash was due to change hands (he seems to like installments) having been publically calling himself the new Chairman, despite NDAs being in place...

This is not a man buying his boyhood club out of love or concern for it, this is a man looking to buy a football club, any football club. Why are our board so keen on him over the Lee Goodwin group, who are part of the club's DNA and looking to stabilise it and then take it forward from there in a sympathetic manner?

I'm getting properly mad with this now!!!!
dagger4eva

My query with this is if there are two EXISTING board members interested and capable (financially) of putting into a 'consortium' with Tamplin then why the HELL aren't they will to do so with the East/Goodwin/Ward consortium - all people who genuinely give a damn about the club.

I'll tell you why:

Because,

a) It would mean Thompson would be out on his mis-managed arse
and
b) it's all a smoke screen and this is their attempt at getting Tamplin in through the backdoor by now labelling it a consortium.

If Thommo and the board think they are going to be allowed to get away with this they have another thing coming!
NBDag

What has started to really wind me up about this now, is the fact that Still has said in an interview that the uncertainty over the takeover is affecting his ability to bring players in. With Pennels now out for most of the season and us being completely stuffed for cover, surely Thommo has the sense to realise that a lack of transparency and, it seems, urgency is creating a detrimental affect on the football. Start putting names to the people involved and start being transparent to your stakeholders about what's going on, so Still can get on with doing his job!
steeevooo

The thing that really annoys me is that all the positivity has completely evaporated out of the club over this. At the last fans forum, John Still, in response to a series of questions (aimed at Tommo and Bennett) in relation to the fact that the club has completely changed/lost its soul/has no connection between fans and players/board/club, responded with two noteworthy comments:

"What the f*ck has happened to this football club?"

and

"Lets make this club a club again!"

Tommo and Bennett were sat right next to Stilly when he said this. Evidently they have absolutely no intention whatsoever of adopting Stilly''s motive and attitude, and are more than happy to see this divide between club and fanbase further expand as relations continue to erode whilst they indulge in apparent self-protection.

It really does sound as though the club is in an extremely precarious position right now, and yet every murmur that we hear from the club gives absolutely no confidence whatsoever that we are equipped with the right personnel to rectify this situation.
dagger4eva

I'm led to believe the other two existing board members involved in this new sham 'consortium' are Dave the Plumber and Chris Smythe (he owns Ship pub in Gidea Park)

So having dealt with 2 of the previous 3 stooges (Burnett, Hackett, Currie) - we have another set to contend with.

Let the battle commence!
SUSSEX DAGGER

steeevooo wrote:The thing that really annoys me is that all the positivity has completely evaporated out of the club over this. At the last fans forum, John Still, in response to a series of questions (aimed at Tommo and Bennett) in relation to the fact that the club has completely changed/lost its soul/has no connection between fans and players/board/club, responded with two noteworthy comments:

"What the f*ck has happened to this football club?"

and

"Lets make this club a club again!"

Tommo and Bennett were sat right next to Stilly when he said this. Evidently they have absolutely no intention whatsoever of adopting Stilly''s motive and attitude, and are more than happy to see this divide between club and fanbase further expand as relations continue to erode whilst they indulge in apparent self-protection.

It really does sound as though the club is in an extremely precarious position right now, and yet every murmur that we hear from the club gives absolutely no confidence whatsoever that we are equipped with the right personnel to rectify this situation.
That was the week season tickets went on sale was it not !

Never went to this forum but was there any indication there about this sudden sorry mess we are suddenly I'n ?

Good job we had 5 FA Cup Games two of which to companies paid good money to broadcast in some form or other . Another certain bookmaker had a live feed on the game against Whitehawk at home , don't think for a minute that cost nothing. Having said that it might well have cost us a good deal because it was after that game that the supposed biggest asset we had value dropped like the pound on Brexit morning.

It was that Sunday afternoon that the bright light on a very dull Christmas tree proved only slightly better then the full back he was up against, a full back who was up next morning delivering letters.

If things are as dire as they are sounding no wonder Mr Tamplin pulled out, so would I because it could be possible that in a few weeks or months time he might not need the votes of 84 brave and hearty souls but the nod of an administrator.
Voice of reason

'It was that Sunday afternoon that the bright light on a very dull Christmas tree proved only slightly better then the full back he was up against, a full back who was up next morning delivering letters'

That might have had something to do with the ludicrous formation we played that day with no one on the right at all in front of our full back.
Even the players were incredulous when it was announced.
So our only attacking threat was a young kid 2 months past his 18th birthday on the left who found it hard to cope especially as he came in for some rough treatment from your postie hero and his team mates
Alan

Remember Passley coming over to take a throw in and saying to him that he could do with some help down the right and he replied "yep, tell me about it"
SUSSEX DAGGER

Voice of reason wrote:Quote

'It was that Sunday afternoon that the bright light on a very dull Christmas tree proved only slightly better then the full back he was up against, a full back who was up next morning delivering letters'

That might have had something to do with the ludicrous formation we played that day with no one on the right at all in front of our full back.
So our only attacking threat was a young kid 2 months past his 18th birthday on the left who found it hard to cope especially as he came in for some rough treatment from your postie hero and his team mates
Postie Hero and his mates ha ha.

But I must admit I do admire players who play with passion full commitment and desire. Great beleiver in don't matter what is In Your head or in your feet if it ain't in your heart then give it up.

Looking at the outs the Gaffer appears to have come to that conclusion.

Something also I beleive in is that if we had seen what Whitehawk showed that afternoon a bit more often from our team last season I don't think we would have been relegated.

It was because of what I saw most of last season that I describe him as a bright light on a dull Xmas tree and it was pretty shamefull that we had to look to a 18 year old kid for inspiration.

The inescapable fact is what ever way u care to slice it the rediculous sums that we're be branded around were never seen again and he was sold for an undisclosed fee which if some quarters are to be beleived was peanuts. If it was anymore then that then even more questions have to be asked about the sudden financial plight.
Voice of reason

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:Quote

Postie Hero and his mates ha ha.

But I must admit I do admire players who play with passion full commitment and desire. Great beleiver in don't matter what is In Your head or in your feet if it ain't in your heart then give it up.

Looking at the outs the Gaffer appears to have come to that conclusion.

Something also I beleive in is that if we had seen what Whitehawk showed that afternoon a bit more often from our team last season I don't think we would have been relegated.

It was because of what I saw most of last season that I describe him as a bright light on a dull Xmas tree and it was pretty shamefull that we had to look to a 18 year old kid for inspiration.

The inescapable fact is what ever way u care to slice it the rediculous sums that we're be branded around were never seen again and he was sold for an undisclosed fee which if some quarters are to be beleived was peanuts. If it was anymore then that then even more questions have to be asked about the sudden financial plight.
To be honest Sussex the whole situation was badly handled
The previous manager talked about how very young players needed careful management but the boy's experience was anything but
Of course the manager himself was under extreme pressure and the team was losing or throwing leads away with or without Jones in the team

The boy probably needed the loan move to Coventry where he could develop under less pressure
Although the eventual sale price was less than some of the figures that were being bandied about Daggers will get a significant percentage of any fee if he is sold on