Gooders on radio

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

dagger4eva wrote:
len wrote:It's always worked for me in the past and yes there will be a choice as to which way to vote.
Guarantee that can you??

The current "choice" the board are proposing to give to the members is Tamplin (& Co.) or else..... :roll:
Yeah and the facts that he is worth £45m based on his house that's worth £5m being valued at £15m, all baloney.
dannythedagger

Richie wrote:I'm not claiming to have any information, but why people are taking what Goodwin says as gospel, and then claiming Thommo is a liar is beyond me.
Clearly you are either 1. a new fan 2. Very naive or 3. One of Thommos cronies

We are all very aware of the dealings that do and do not go on over the club. By know means am i taking Goodwin's words as gospel (what he has said is common knowledge) but without him coming out and taking a stand, Thommo would still be in the shadows letting Tamplin in the club via the back doors.

What is beyond me is that a guy who only recently said he was pulling out of investment in the club due to to fans backlash is suddenly on board again with Bennett and Smythe to cuddle up too. In no time at all we will have Tamplin running the show and an under 14's to watch every Sunday at the ground ... great!

I am genuinely impressed by the way Thompson has avoided the unpaid/ due tax bill issue ..... with the only the small contribution of £300K loan from an unnamed director (OOOPPPS sorry Dave the Plumber). Lets see what actually happens when the next tax bill that Goodwin was referring to is due in September which is what all of this investment/ takeover has been about from day 1.

So in short an MBE holders credibility has been compromised....should this still stand?
hockley dagger

One thing that puzzles me is the assertion that Tamplin pulled out. We've only heard that as hearsay - so maybe he never did? From what me and Hockley Dagger junior witnessed at Waltham Abbey he seemed to be very involved
Adrian

dannythedagger wrote:
Richie wrote:I'm not claiming to have any information, but why people are taking what Goodwin says as gospel, and then claiming Thommo is a liar is beyond me.
Clearly you are either 1. a new fan 2. Very naive or 3. One of Thommos cronies

We are all very aware of the dealings that do and do not go on over the club. By know means am i taking Goodwin's words as gospel (what he has said is common knowledge) but without him coming out and taking a stand, Thommo would still be in the shadows letting Tamplin in the club via the back doors.

What is beyond me is that a guy who only recently said he was pulling out of investment in the club due to to fans backlash is suddenly on board again with Bennett and Smythe to cuddle up too. In no time at all we will have Tamplin running the show and an under 14's to watch every Sunday at the ground ... great!

I am genuinely impressed by the way Thompson has avoided the unpaid/ due tax bill issue ..... with the only the small contribution of £300K loan from an unnamed director (OOOPPPS sorry Dave the Plumber). Lets see what actually happens when the next tax bill that Goodwin was referring to is due in September which is what all of this investment/ takeover has been about from day 1.

So in short an MBE holders credibility has been compromised....should this still stand?
I'm not sure why either of your options has to apply to anyone just because they're pointing out that it does seem a little odd for so many to be taking one persons view as gospel and another as all lies, when most of them have little to no access to any actual fact.

Are you saying we needed a loan of £300k to pay this tax bill?
Diggerthedog

The chairman Paid the tax bill and that will be paid back to him once the Jones money comes in. It was not £300k less than a third of that. Thommo boast about paying the Tax Bill but stares no facts as to how or why it was late.

Lee Goodwin knows a hell of a lot and it's all fact because current board members and one past are part of his consortium keeping him updated with every single thing going on.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:The chairman Paid the tax bill and that will be paid back to him once the Jones money comes in. It was not £300k less than a third of that. Thommo boast about paying the Tax Bill but stares no facts as to how or why it was late.

Lee Goodwin knows a hell of a lot and it's all fact because current board members and one past are part of his consortium keeping him updated with every single thing going on.
Why should Thommo be saying why it was late? As far as I can see we've used a short term loan which would presumably be at no very low interest to cover a short term cash flow issue, when we know we're due the cash in. That's not that unudual in business is it?

Why are we so willing to trust this consortium when it appears that members of it are using their position at the club to get information that wouldn't otherwise be available to them?
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:The chairman Paid the tax bill and that will be paid back to him once the Jones money comes in. It was not £300k less than a third of that. Thommo boast about paying the Tax Bill but stares no facts as to how or why it was late.

Why should Thommo be saying why it was late? As far as I can see we've used a short term loan which would presumably be at no very low interest to cover a short term cash flow issue, when we know we're due the cash in. That's not that unudual in business is it?

Why are we so willing to trust this consortium when it appears that members of it are using their position at the club to get information that wouldn't otherwise be available to them?
Because he is the MD and if we're having cashflow issues than he is at fault, not really that difficult. What's about the next tax bill? Wonga.com

The consortium want what's best for the club to run a good business model, Goodwin even said that hoping to sell a player is no way to run this business model. Speak to Gerry, Lee or the Easts and you will know where it's all gone wrong and what they will implement.
IanC

Here here
Auntie Merge

Adrian wrote:

I am very willing to trust this consortium over and above the 'messages' from the club.
Why:
1. The East brothers have been involved with the club and one of its forerunners nearly all their lives.
Their father (Barry RIP) was involved for a long time too.
Time after time they have helped out with the club for no return.
2.Dave Ward loaned the club the money to appoint a legal team to reclaim the assets of Trevor Dicks, the man who embezzled money from the club.
3.Gerry Hanning, involved with another forerunner of the club, who has given an immense amount of his personal time and expertise to the club for no reward
4.John Goodwin, long time supporter and I understand has been a full member of the club for a number of years. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).
5.Lee Goodwin, former player.

OR
Do you trust
1. Steve Thompson. A paid employee of the club. The man who, even at the fans forum at the end of the season was still maintaining that the new club badge was good, and he didn't want to change it despite almost a unanimous opposition to it.
2. Dave Bennett. Former businessman who used to sponsor the club, who has been Chairman for approx / years.
3.Glenn Tamplin who within recent times has made an offer for both Brentwood and Bishops Stortford.
Auntie Merge

Oh and one more thing... Can't think if it's in this thread or elsewhere, the comment about Glen Tamplin pulling out once already because of the fans hatred of him. If he thinks what he saw before made him feel uncomfortable; He ain't seen nothing yet.
Maybe I should change my name from auntie merge to auntie takeover, because I will do whatever I can to ensure the club I love goes to people I trust.
mickeyblue

the way gooders has gone about things is not professional end off really. id of course prefer him to alternative choices but the way most of you have gone on we will just keep dave the plumber who btw is not a bad guy.
put it this way if tamplin was to go on radio saying he wants to buy the club s it owes tax bills 90% of us would say why and kick off.

i dont want tampon end off but am still not 100% on gooders either. imo gooders needs to work with some of the current board to get any chance of success. dave the plumber getting pushed aside when e did alot before he was chairman and maybe not cut out to be chairman is not fair on the bloke.

we do need new idea's that is clear to see,they did try that with the taking the club shop over etc which imo did not work, ( if any dont know the club shop used to be inside the ground and run by fans not in a shitty portacabin with outdated stock.)

as soon as we went pro we should of had a good look to see who was pro material just like on the playing field. and the paid members are not up to it,that includes the rude bar staff, the i have not got a clue shop staff, to the cleaners in the loo's.
and the caterers have gone downhill in last few seasons aswell..

i should not drink on medication even if its only covonia
but we finished 9th!
NBDag

Mickeyblue- your first two paragraphs are more than reasonable, and you are right that fresh ideas are needed. I'm guessing that you said we need fresh ideas, as a way of saying that you do want the club to be under new control.

But the aspects you've moaned about is completely wrong. A club's MAIN source of income should be the ticket sales, any payments from the league and (arguably) player sales.

The club shop has been moved from within the ground to outside to a more easily accessible, bigger and cleaner location. That's a good move. It's run by someone who is around 20 and I'm assuming it's his first job. He's probably on a piss poor wage so give him a break, no one walks into their first real job and smashes it straight away. He is also assisted on match days by volunteers, as I understand, and i definitely know that someone else who helps him on an ad hoc basis does it for free, when he's not doing his other job. For the minimum expenses incurred for running that shop, although it could do better, it is not doing a bad job by any means.

Bar staff may be rude at times, but again I'm sure they work tirelessly for peanuts. As for the burger bars- I'm only assuming this, but I'd put good money on the company running them pay us a fixed rent/fee to run them. What that does for us is gives us a fixed income that we can plan around it, and reduces the risk of us losing income on shit attendances. But I will give you one thing- they keep running out of pies in the sieve and it drives me mad! Club should obviously try to get the best caterers in that they can, whilst making sure they get the best possible income. But we moan if they make a poor financial choice because it hurts the club, but we moan if they make a good one that hurts someone's stomach.

Fresh ideas are needed- you are 100% right on that. But the ideas need to be around improving attendances, we get more people through the gates and I'm sure over time everything else will improve. But to take it back somewhat to the main topic- I'm sure that whether it's Tamplin or Goodwin that come in, they will address the management of the commercial aspect of the club and things will improve.
dannythedagger

Whether you believe Lee Goodwin's opinion is right or wrong, you cannot question his bottle to stand up and be counted against Thommo's dictatorship and anybody who knows anybody that works at the club will confirm Thommos "methods of management".

Steve Thompson has admittedly done some favorable things at the club in the past but in recent years has made some diabolic commercial decisions but has still managed to obtain a very comfortable living from a small football club as well as acquiring a small property portfolio. Had we been relegated 2 years ago the realization of the current financial position would have been more apparent. He has managed to create a censored dictatorship (like North Korea) with his puppet board....yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir.

The current dissension at the club has stemmed from current and ex board members who have joined forces with the Goodwins to fight for change and bring the club into the 21st century. Me and many friends believe the way forward is for the present board to resign due to their lack of focus, direction and business acumen. The club needs to become a viable concern to attract the right people who are fit and proper persons to hold company directorships and love Dagenham and Redbridge as much as we do. I have been going to this club since my Dad took me at the age of 5 watching John Still's first reign as manager and it sickens me to think how promotion, money and mismanagement has completely ripped the soul and family feel of the club.

We do not need spray tan plastic Essex men running the club and projecting their own vain image. Let them stick to kids park football as it is far easier to walk away when they become bored.

My vote definitely goes with the consortium....SACK THE BOARD and bring the good old days back.
Mike the Dagger

dannythedagger wrote:
My vote definitely goes with the consortium....SACK THE BOARD and bring the good old days back.
Are you a full member then. If not, you have no vote.

Oh and even if you are the consortium is not likely to be an option...