Gooders on radio

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Sod the radio how about having the bollocks to meet all of us,members and fans about 1.00 on Saturday,and stop all this bullshit and tell us what the feck is going on and be bloody honest with it.
mickeyblue

gooders sounds good but there must be flaws but he still gets my vote.

if tampon wants in then lets get it sorted asap it just sounds like current mob in charge cant make any decisions of note.

i know one thing gooders knows what to say to get the fans behind him ;) lets get his group in fresh idea's, hopefully a few new sponsers in some way,

as for club shirt any think we might not have paid for it yet so cant sell it?
but we finished 9th!
NBDag

So the Recorder are reporting that Thommo has said in his interview with Time FM that Goodwin is wrong about the outstanding tax bill, and that we aren't facing difficulties paying our players.

Don't have a clue what to believe anymore!
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:So the Recorder are reporting that Thommo has said in his interview with Time FM that Goodwin is wrong about the outstanding tax bill, and that we aren't facing difficulties paying our players.

Smacks of more sleight of hand from Tommo.

Goodwin says the club have a tax bill coming up.

Tommo says all outstanding tax bills are paid.

A tax bill that hasn't arrived yet or isn't due yet is not outstanding.
NBDag

Mike the Dagger wrote:
NBDag wrote:So the Recorder are reporting that Thommo has said in his interview with Time FM that Goodwin is wrong about the outstanding tax bill, and that we aren't facing difficulties paying our players.

Smacks of more sleight of hand from Tommo.

Goodwin says the club have a tax bill coming up.

Tommo says all outstanding tax bills are paid.

A tax bill that hasn't arrived yet or isn't due yet is not outstanding.
Was thinking his whilst reading it. Only thing is when did Goodwin have his interview? Was it recorded before the 21st? If so then maybe he could have been talking about the tax bill due for then?
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote: Was thinking his whilst reading it. Only thing is when did Goodwin have his interview? Was it recorded before the 21st? If so then maybe he could have been talking about the tax bill due for then?
Broadcast on the 23rd July, unclear when it was recorded.
NBDag

Mike the Dagger wrote:
NBDag wrote: Was thinking his whilst reading it. Only thing is when did Goodwin have his interview? Was it recorded before the 21st? If so then maybe he could have been talking about the tax bill due for then?
Broadcast on the 23rd July, unclear when it was recorded.
So in all fairness, it does seem entirely possible that Goodwin was talking about the bill due on the 21st.
Alan

What Tommo fails to say is how we paid it. It's common knowledge that the bank called in the overdraft. So did we pay the tax with the help of a loan?
Last edited by Alan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote: So in all fairness, it does seem entirely possible that Goodwin was talking about the bill due on the 21st.
Possibly.

You can always trust Tommo to be 100% straight of course.
Chigwellian

Who the hell is Thommo answerable to... I think the members should start asking for a Q&A session with him
dagger4eva

My understanding is that it was actually paid by the chairman, by means of a LOAN - only AFTER a 7 day notice to pay was received.

I dont think Goodwin said anything oit of turn at all
Mark

Loan from Glenn Tamplin by any chance?
Mike the Dagger

Chigwellian wrote:Who the hell is Thommo answerable to... I think the members should start asking for a Q&A session with him
Been said several times that it only needs 5 full members to call a meeting.
RampantDuke

I haven't been very close to this so can only offer an opinion from afar but on the face of it the Gooders deal looks the best option. It is backed by the East's who have been at the club for ever and are genuine fans. So why is this Tamplin bloke still hanging around? There must be more to this than meets the eye. As a fan I would go with Gooders/Easts on the basis that I can sleep at night knowing 100% that they have the best interests of the club at heart. I don't know what this Tamplin bloke's motivations are - he seems to be one of these fly by night poor boys made good who now wants to buy a football club on the cheap so he can brag to his mates and use it as his playground. If that isn't the case then I challenge him to come on this forum and state his motives.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Voice of reason

[quote="dagger4eva"]My understanding is that it was actually paid by the chairman, by means of a LOAN - only AFTER a 7 day notice to pay was received.

I dont think Goodwin said anything oit of turn at all[/quote

An instalment of the payment for the Jones transfer fee was due in the last 2 weeks
Perhaps this was used to cover the tax bill