Gooders on radio

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Gooders talking on time radio just after 3.00 news.
dagger4eva

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/19 ... 141/4e7740

For anyone that missed it, the interview in full can be found here.
Mark

Won't open once downloaded for me. Any summary?
dagger4eva

Yes.

Were ******.

End.
Auntie Merge

Thanks for uploading that.
Apparently there is a big tax bill imminent.
He keeps mentioning about not being able to pay the players.

But Lee talks with passion and honestly, I think his consortium is the best option. They know what to do to put our club back together. I'm sure most of us on here can see some of the things that have been going wrong in recent years, and how we have not made the most of commercial opportunities. I listened to the whole interview and all the time found myself agreeing with Lee.

I hope this gets resolved very quickly. Until it does I fear the worst.
RayleighDagger1986

I juat listened to Lee and found him to be open and honest and has our club st heart. It's disturbing to hear though how deep shit we are in. So now there is a potential tax bill they may not be paid (in part or in full). Comments on other threads have been towards things like "what happened to the Gayle money" etc but we must have made a nice earner out of the Everton game last season (only 6 months ago) so what happened to that income????
I really do hope that Lee's consortium gets in and stables the club before looking at its potential. Aren't er suppose to have a new away strip? If so why is it not released and sold on the shop!
NBDag

Very disturbing to listen to, if that is true about how much shit we are in. And he is completely right about fresh ideas being needed at a commercial level to increase our revenues.
He also mentioned about how the club needs someone to give money that doesn't expect to get it back. Maybe I'm naive to think this, but would it not be worth making the situation of the club known to former players like Gayle and Richie? Would like to think that they would be willing to give a week or 2's wages to the club if it could plug some of these holes.
RayleighDagger1986

Some people on here are saying Burnett is still being paid. WTF conjured up that contract. To me getting sacked does not mean earning a salary beyond the job!!
Give him 50% up front to save 50%
Alan

If you have an employee on a fixed term contract with no break clause, you have to pay them up - subject to their duty to mitigate their losses by finding another job. So it wouldn't be at all surprising if we were paying him off still.
IanC

We are still paying him off comma and who was it who gave him a 2 year contract. Oh yeah!
easthamdagger

Mismanagement,lack of enthusiasm and self preservation.
Can't work out who he means.Re the taxman,if we don't pay them off then it could be a winding up order.
RayleighDagger1986

I am appalled by the sheer fact that Burnett is being paid. Thompson must answer to this as to why he is and not put a safeguard in the contract.
When Hill left was he being paid for the remainder of his contract? Does anyone know?
DagenHammer87

I think Hill left by mutual consent that year. In those cases, its a negotiable fee; if any at all.

Burnett being sacked is slightly different in that he is entitled to the full sum of the contract. Bigger budgeted clubs would usually be able to pay this off in one; but we clearly cant.

Usually theres a clause in there about payments coming to an end if he gets employed somewhere else in that period.
RayleighDagger1986

Was the FA Cup run along with the Everton game not a huge payout for us, which ultimately led to the decision to sack Burnett. Can someone (if they know) explain why the money above and Jodi Jones transfer has not helped one bit!!
Adrian

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:I am appalled by the sheer fact that Burnett is being paid. Thompson must answer to this as to why he is and not put a safeguard in the contract.
When Hill left was he being paid for the remainder of his contract? Does anyone know?
As Alan has pointed out, it's standard with fixed term contract that Burnett get's his contract paid up. We wouldn't have the cash to do it in a lump sum, so he ends up getting paid over the remainder of it. Steve Thompson has nothing to answer for.

The Everton game won't have been worth anything like as much as some to think it was. The prices were reduced and the gate is split between both clubs after expenses.