TAMPLIN DEAL BACK ON?????????

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

lupins wrote:It is this thread that is embarrassing some of the entries over the three pages beggar belief
Who is this? Thommo or Bennett? :lol:
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:It is this thread that is embarrassing some of the entries over the three pages beggar belief
Please feel free to expand on that.
dagger4eva

If true, this is certainly "beyond belief"

http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/thread/51365

;)
easthamdagger

If true, I would like to know who did the due diligence?The people ding the background checks obviously are not very good at best or downright awful at worst.If the club employs them,then it shouldn't as they are incompetent.If true.
Mike the Dagger

The club need to answer some Qs on their statement now. Turns out far from looking to buy his "boyhood club" Tamplin has had discussions with two other clubs first.

I hear that Brentwood Town he dropped as the ground was not suitable to be brought up to Conference standard, and Bishops Stortford was in a worse mess than he thought it was at first

So, far from coming in to help his "boyhood club" out when it got in money troubles as stated by the club (he did apparently represent Dagenham at some youth level) this is a guy looking to buy a football club in Essex, any club with a potential to play at Conference level.

At the same time, the board are blocking a very similar year one investment from a group with massive links to the club from getting a fair hearing.

Let's not forget, Tamplin's offer is 80% immediately for an initial investment of £250k and the promise of the same for the next 4 years. Once he has 80% he has total control of D&RFC...
Mark

Are the club still not considering new membership? It's nearly august so perhaps some of us could get accepted in time for any decision now it seems less imminent.
dagger4eva

I believe the club have put a block on any new membership requests at this time (or certainly any new members wouldn't be eligible for this vote)
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:I believe the club have put a block on any new membership requests at this time (or certainly any new members wouldn't be eligible for this vote)
That's odd, you would think they would want the widest endorsement they could get from the fans, and at minimum every Full Member needs to be a season ticket holder.

Unless.....
lupins

Unless they didn't want EITHER side to be able to swing the vote by late entrants with hidden agendas. A bit like the way the Labour Party are now regretting their rule changes
NBDag

lupins wrote:Unless they didn't want EITHER side to be able to swing the vote by late entrants with hidden agendas. A bit like the way the Labour Party are now regretting their rule changes
Lupins you muppet! Don't go throwing around reasonable assumptions when there is a good conspiracy theory brewing here.
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:Unless they didn't want EITHER side to be able to swing the vote by late entrants with hidden agendas. A bit like the way the Labour Party are now regretting their rule changes
Hidden agendas? Like caring about how the club they support are owned? You are probably right. Bastards, how dare they.

Still inviting you to expand on the embarrassing entries in this thread.
lupins

You conveniently ignored my use of the word EITHER but that aside in any similar situation I am sure that is accepted good practice. If it isn't then open it up
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:You conveniently ignored my use of the word EITHER but that aside in any similar situation I am sure that is accepted good practice. If it isn't then open it up
didn't ignore your EITHER at all. Provided they keep the criteria that people have to have been season ticket holders at least last season, then I'd welcome more participation.

If the Tamplin offer makes such good sense and can demonstrate that and they can persuade people that it is better for the club long term than any alternative, then it ought to be voted through by people that care enough about the club to have bought a season ticket and are willing to stump up the money to take that to full membership. No?

BTW if I was a Full Member then I am unsure that I would vote for either option TBH, I would need to understand exactly why any investment is required first. The Board have failed to explain why we need money in urgently so far, only stating that we will be unable to compete with the top clubs in the National League without it. Fine, take our medicine and find our level, don't sell out.

If it is as bad to need investment urgently then I would like all offers to be on the table and to choose what works best for the club. i would also like to hav ethe option to remove the people that got us in the mess in the first place.

And STILL inviting you to expand on the embarrassing entries in this thread.
lupins

If the rule was applied that STH of over one year could become full members I would have no problem with that but I would with opening it up now without that caveat

Like you I don't know which way I will vote I wish to hear all the options and background in full. I wouldn't want to put the club at risk but do want the Club to progress so would like facts. I don't believe in the natural level or we would still be playing over Old Dagenham Park. We don't want Colne Dynamoes. Hornchurch etc but wouldn't mind Wigan. If options were out in the open decisions can be made

Currently it feels like lack of information, misinformation, innuendo etc and there is some of all that in this thread
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:If the rule was applied that STH of over one year could become full members I would have no problem with that but I would with opening it up now without that caveat

Like you I don't know which way I will vote I wish to hear all the options and background in full. I wouldn't want to put the club at risk but do want the Club to progress so would like facts. I don't believe in the natural level or we would still be playing over Old Dagenham Park. We don't want Colne Dynamoes. Hornchurch etc but wouldn't mind Wigan. If options were out in the open decisions can be made

Currently it feels like lack of information, misinformation, innuendo etc and there is some of all that in this thread
There you go, we pretty much agree 100%. Easy when you try.

I used to understand that to be a Full Member you had to have had a season ticket for a certain time period (I recall it being two or three seasons). I know people who have had season tickets for many years who have enquired since this all came up and have been told they can't be considered at the present time. That stinks TBH and smacks of someone protecting themselves.

It is now pretty clear that there is stuff in the Club Statement from 27th June that is misleading at best and potentially downright dishonest. It is time some proper facts were aired about what sort of state the club is in and go from there. At the very least the Members need to have the facts of what sort of state the club is in and all options on the table if and when this comes to a vote.