TAMPLIN DEAL BACK ON?????????

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BrexitDagger

Spotted yesterday evening at Waltham Abbey in the company of our Chairman was a certain, Glenn Tamplin.

Now he could well just have been supporting his ‘boyhood club’ at a Pre Season Friendly but the cynical amongst you might otherwise think the deal for him to take over may well be back on the table.

It’s quite obvious the club are in a worse financial situation than they’ve let on and their sheer resistance to the consortium bid makes me think they are going to do everything in their power to get Tamplin on board.

I think the question that should be asked must be, is the board (Steve Thompson) making these decisions in the best interests of the club or himself??

I re-iterate a previous point that as a matter of fact, Mr Tamplin had 9 companies dissolved – 3 of which went into liquidation (BUST) to the tune of over £2 million!! That is a fact.

The time has come where actions speak louder than words and Mr. Thompson needs to be removed from the club – pronto! How we achieve that needs to be discussed but we cant just allow him to sell out the club so cheaply, to what would appear to be a quite ghastly individual… can we??
Mike the Dagger

This certainly smells a bit whiffy.

Do we know how bad the club's finances are? Are they waiting until we can't pay the wages and bills then calling for Mr Tamplin's cavalry to come charging in to save the day when there is no time to look at alternatives?

Time for another "Club Statement".
NBDag

Think we can all agree that Tamplin's initial deal, assuming that what we heard was true, didn't seem like he was a good choice to take us forward. But I think it is utter nonsense to believe that Thomson is acting within his own interests and not the club's.

We may not like him after the past 2 seasons, but I highly doubt that he has ever done something with the club that was only a benefit to himself. Nor do I think this will be any different in the immediate future. Now I'm not saying that because he thinks this deal is the best option that he is correct, but I think it is foolish to suggest that he has ulterior motives.

All we can do as fans during this takeover malarkey, is trust that the board and full-members will make a choice that is well informed, and made in good faith to us and the club. And if it becomes in good reason to believe that this is not the case, then is the time to start calling for serious actions to be taken.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Think we can all agree that Tamplin's initial deal, assuming that what we heard was true, didn't seem like he was a good choice to take us forward. But I think it is utter nonsense to believe that Thomson is acting within his own interests and not the club's.

We may not like him after the past 2 seasons, but I highly doubt that he has ever done something with the club that was only a benefit to himself. Nor do I think this will be any different in the immediate future. Now I'm not saying that because he thinks this deal is the best option that he is correct, but I think it is foolish to suggest that he has ulterior motives.

All we can do as fans during this takeover malarkey, is trust that the board and full-members will make a choice that is well informed, and made in good faith to us and the club. And if it becomes in good reason to believe that this is not the case, then is the time to start calling for serious actions to be taken.
So the club was in money trouble when this all came up first and we have not yet changed that unless you believe the gubbins about the investment being needed to keep the club "competitive" in the original statement.

If that is the case, it's a matter of time until wages and bills start to be a problem.

At that point, options are limited and the board's preferred option or administration with all that goes with that will be the only thing put to Members most likely. The club, and all it stood for, is being sold down the river so Tommo can keep his job.

His lifetime achievement will then have been ******** the club he allegedly loves over.
BrexitDagger

The point is, why is Steve SO keen to get this deal through when there is another perfectly good alternative option (the East/Goodwin etc. consortium) to which the board aren't even prepared to put to a vote to members.

It's like the government saying we're having a referendum on whether to remain or leave the EU. Our stance is we are backing remain so that is the only option we're giving you on the ballot.
Kinda makes the whole process a bit ridiculous.

Bear in mind also, according to the impassioned speech at the last meeting with Thompson - Tamplin pulled out after the negative comments on here about himself which apparently made him and his family feel intimidated (rightio)
This bloke changes like the wind and despite all the other obvious faults there appear to be with his proposal and good standing - I'd suggest he would just as quickly pull out of the club if results weren't going our way / he started getting even more stick on the terraces / got bored / was losing more money than he'd expected / or any other reason.

NBDag - it's well and good saying we should trust the members and only calling for serious action to be taken if it is apparent to be going tits up. But why let it get anywhere near that stage........ ?
NBDag

Mike- I don't know why the investment is needed, and I doubt anyone on this forum actually does know. Not have an idea, but know. However my point was, and is, that it's nonsense to say that Thommo is doing this on purpose to line his own pockets. I'm sure if he was out of a job he would still find well paid work. I can't see where the benefit is for him. And selling the club short for personal gain is not in his character. This is my point, not whether Tamplin's offer is the best one to take or whether Thommo is going about things in the right way.

BrexitDagger- again I'm not saying what offer, if any, is the right one to take. Nor am I saying that Thommo is handling this very well. I just think it's nonsense to say he's got ulterior motives etc.
But in regards to your last point- what I said was that action should only be taken if we have good reason to believe that the handling of the any takeover in the club is not being done in good faith. But the reason we would have to let it get anywhere near that stage, is because we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. The majority of what is said on here is speculation and rumour. We can only act on what we know to be true. And right now- unfortunately we don't know enough.
Diggerthedog

Tamplin reads this forum? I wonder if his Sons team has a forum they are just as important right..............

Jerry from the consortium was at the Thurrock match last week sitting next to John Still.

I wonder why only after we get relegated does this man want in? oh I know why he is famous for asset striping companies and selling them down the river via another imbecile. A pyramid scheme has more morals.
Alan

NBDag wrote:Mike- I don't know why the investment is needed, and I doubt anyone on this forum actually does know. Not have an idea, but know. However my point was, and is, that it's nonsense to say that Thommo is doing this on purpose to line his own pockets. I'm sure if he was out of a job he would still find well paid work. I can't see where the benefit is for him. And selling the club short for personal gain is not in his character. This is my point, not whether Tamplin's offer is the best one to take or whether Thommo is going about things in the right way.

BrexitDagger- again I'm not saying what offer, if any, is the right one to take. Nor am I saying that Thommo is handling this very well. I just think it's nonsense to say he's got ulterior motives etc.
But in regards to your last point- what I said was that action should only be taken if we have good reason to believe that the handling of the any takeover in the club is not being done in good faith. But the reason we would have to let it get anywhere near that stage, is because we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. The majority of what is said on here is speculation and rumour. We can only act on what we know to be true. And right now- unfortunately we don't know enough.
The consortium want to remove the existing board - source Herry Hanning's interview on the radio. Tommo would therefore lose his job. Tommo therefore has a financial interest in the consortium not taking over.
dagger4eva

You bet your life Thommo would keep his job under Tamplin.

Can u seriously imagine Tamplin - the 45 million dollar man sitting in a pokey office doing the day to day donkey work?? I think not!

Thommo and his cronies need to go asap.

He says they ran a tight ship at the club but its become apparent that actually, theyve only ever managed to survive by living off an authorised overdraft. The fact thats now been withdrawn and they are up shit creek tells you all you need know!
NBDag

Alan wrote:
NBDag wrote:Mike- I don't know why the investment is needed, and I doubt anyone on this forum actually does know. Not have an idea, but know. However my point was, and is, that it's nonsense to say that Thommo is doing this on purpose to line his own pockets. I'm sure if he was out of a job he would still find well paid work. I can't see where the benefit is for him. And selling the club short for personal gain is not in his character. This is my point, not whether Tamplin's offer is the best one to take or whether Thommo is going about things in the right way.

The consortium want to remove the existing board - source Herry Hanning's interview on the radio. Tommo would therefore lose his job. Tommo therefore has a financial interest in the consortium not taking over.
I don't dispute that at all, that Thommo will be sacked if the consortium take over. And I agree that it could easily be said that Thommo has a conflict of interest. However I believe Thommo would easily get a job outside of this club that was a decent pay, especially given his age. So although I'm sure he would love to stay in this job, I don't believe that he would do something so immoral to stay in it.
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote:
Alan wrote:

I don't dispute that at all, that Thommo will be sacked if the consortium take over. And I agree that it could easily be said that Thommo has a conflict of interest. However I believe Thommo would easily get a job outside of this club that was a decent pay, especially given his age. So although I'm sure he would love to stay in this job, I don't believe that he would do something so immoral to stay in it.
This is right up his street https://www.jdwetherspooncareers.co.uk/ ... -vacancies
Alan

NBDag wrote:
Alan wrote:

Not sure that many would agree on the ease with which he would find similarly paid work or that his age would be a positive factor.
InTheKnow

I went to Waltham Abbey last night and stood near to the Chairman. There was a boy in a wheelchair with his mother going round the ground with a bucket. This guy with the Chairman gave £5000 to this charity. He didnt shout out "I'm putting in lots of money" to grab peoples attention, he just did it. There was no ulterior motive than to donate money to a worthy cause.

All I'm reading on here is that he's out to ruin the club with no one actually knowing the guy, just reading that he's had some business failings in the past. I'm sure if you look up the likes of Richard Branson then you'll see similar patterns appear on his way to where he is.

Let's wait and let those who will make the decision make up their own minds about who is chosen to invest in the club at an EGM rather than judge him because they've decided they don't like him.

As fo Tommo, everyone forgets what he's done and still continuing to do. He is the most approachable MD I've ever met and whether you agree or disagree with him he always takes the time to discuss it.
Diggerthedog

InTheKnow wrote:I went to Waltham Abbey last night and stood near to the Chairman. There was a boy in a wheelchair with his mother going round the ground with a bucket. This guy with the Chairman gave £5000 to this charity. He didnt shout out "I'm putting in lots of money" to grab peoples attention, he just did it. There was no ulterior motive than to donate money to a worthy cause.

All I'm reading on here is that he's out to ruin the club with no one actually knowing the guy, just reading that he's had some business failings in the past. I'm sure if you look up the likes of Richard Branson then you'll see similar patterns appear on his way to where he is.

Let's wait and let those who will make the decision make up their own minds about who is chosen to invest in the club at an EGM rather than judge him because they've decided they don't like him.

As fo Tommo, everyone forgets what he's done and still continuing to do. He is the most approachable MD I've ever met and whether you agree or disagree with him he always takes the time to discuss it.

He carries around £5k in cash and chucks it in a bucket? Chinny! How do you know it was £5k did you count it? I work with many wealthy clients no one carries around that cash unless the are extremely dodgy.
Alan

InTheKnow wrote:I went to Waltham Abbey last night and stood near to the Chairman. There was a boy in a wheelchair with his mother going round the ground with a bucket. This guy with the Chairman gave £5000 to this charity. He didnt shout out "I'm putting in lots of money" to grab peoples attention, he just did it. There was no ulterior motive than to donate money to a worthy cause.

Yet somehow this secretive gesture makes it onto a public forum. I'm sure the people and businesses that his companies owed over £2m to are touched by how his personal wealth allows him to be so generous.

Cheers Tommo.