Pre Season Results/Thoughts etc

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Phippo

stanton101 wrote:I'm pleased to see Hawkins has finally found his level.
Perhaps we should give the guy a chance at the level we now find ourselves at! I recall Benno needing quite some time to settle into Conference level, and we all know what progress he made! It certainly took him far longer then the short time Hawkins has been here thus far.
Alan

Phippo wrote:
Perhaps we should give the guy a chance at the level we now find ourselves at! I recall Benno needing quite some time to settle into Conference level, and we all know what progress he made! It certainly took him far longer then the short time Hawkins has been here thus far.
Yep, Benno scored his first league goal in his 26th appearance in the conference.
stanton101

Phippo wrote:
I gave him a chance last season and he was shite, but hoofy kept playing him to justify the transfer fee. And Scoring a brace against Thurrock who are NOT conference level, is immaterial in my book.
Alan

4 starts, that's all he got last season.
stanton101

Alan wrote:4 starts, that's all he got last season.
We probably used him as an impact sub :lol:
Adrian

It's weird isn't it. You bring a player with no experience at a level into a poor team and he doesn't perform brilliantly immediately.
Shocking.
stanton101

Down to the manager that one. Brought in an inexperienced oaf and then tried desperately to justify the RECORD transfer fee he wasted. Terrible management, awful player and voila we're in the conference. Still after a good pre season who knows, he may just hit the ground running or, just hit the ground as per normal.
Alan

stanton101 wrote:Down to the manager that one. Brought in an inexperienced oaf and then tried desperately to justify the RECORD transfer fee he wasted. Terrible management, awful player and voila we're in the conference. Still after a good pre season who knows, he may just hit the ground running or, just hit the ground as per normal.
He started 4 games.
Diggerthedog

Nothing like a fresh start..... :roll:
Diggerthedog

Thought we played well this evening against decent opposition. Had plenty of chances could have easily won the game. Hawkins looked very good the two out wide very pacy and Maguire Drew will have lumps kicked out of him but will tear some a new one.

I worry about us at the back the lad along side Doe has potential but he is certainly not ready for this season. Let's hope we start well at home against southport then who knows what will happen.
Lcbdagger

Didn't set the world alight tonight and faded after sixty minutes but I think that front three will be a handful against most sides... We will have the league's best keeper in my opinion, just need the back four to stay tight
BB-Dagger

I think it's a bit harsh some moaning about "another last minute" goal, Orient changed 10 players through the second half with 3 at half time, it doesn't seem that our squad is that big! Tiredness crept in at the end. Overall a reasonable performance from most but there are 2 or 3 who seem out of their depth against league opposition.
Lcbdagger

BB-Dagger wrote:I think it's a bit harsh some moaning about "another last minute" goal, Orient changed 10 players through the second half with 3 at half time, it doesn't seem that our squad is that big! Tiredness crept in at the end. Overall a reasonable performance from most but there are 2 or 3 who seem out of their depth against league opposition.
Hopefully not too many this season with that attacking quality playing against us... As much I dislike him, the ball in from Cox for their equaliser was a class above our defensive capabilities