Tamplin has pulled out?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I'm also up for buying at least £200 of shares.
It's like the Buy a Brick scheme (Alan's successful idea) only this time you will really own a piece of the club!
BrexitDagger

There is one question you need to ask yourselves though;

Would you really feel comfortable buying shares in the club with Thommo 'looking after' the additional funds?

For all those who used to thinm we ran a tight ship etc. should now be under no illusions at all that this is actually far from the truth.

Authorised overdrafts dont typically get withdrawn without good reason.....
Diggerthedog

BrexitDagger wrote:There is one question you need to ask yourselves though;

Would you really feel comfortable buying shares in the club with Thommo 'looking after' the additional funds?

For all those who used to thinm we ran a tight ship etc. should now be under no illusions at all that this is actually far from the truth.

Authorised overdrafts dont typically get withdrawn without good reason.....
The new shareholders can have a vote on who should be in charge of this new company. The consortium were happy for fans to take their place on the board too.

I think a meeting for every to be involved needs to be called. We need to start by clearing the debt and if that means a crap season on the pitch then so be it.
BrexitDagger

Agree a meeting between club & supporters to actually establish what the hell is going on & how things can be moved forward, needs to be arranged PDQ !
admin
Site Admin

I personally wouldn't buy much in terms of shares. For start I'm only on a low income and if I have £200, I would need for myself, secondly I doubt you'd make a profit if you chose to sell the shares at any point, we're hardly making money as a club and finally as BrexitDagger mentioned, it'd be shares in something with Thompson being a big part, wouldn't trust that at all
rechitski kinzhal

I would also be more than happy to invest ..... although "invest" is probably the wrong word as the likelihood of making a profit is almost nil. But if it keeps the club in the hands of the real supporters then it has to be the way forward. Surely the Hannings, Goodwins, Easts, Wests and Andrews of the club could buy substantially, those of us with an adequate income can spend " a few hundred/thousand" on some shares whilst those on a lower income should still be able to buy a part of the club by buying one at, say £50.
My biggest concern is that if the club has got itself to a situation whereby after the Gayle and Jones money, and FA Cup run, and FL parachute payments we are still not able to compete in a lower league, then I don't think a one off payment of a "few hundred thousand pounds" is going to make much of a difference in the long run.
The only way this club will survive in the long run is to get back to the way John Still organised things ten years ago. The question is "is he, or another, capable of doing that?".
Mike the Dagger

rechitski kinzhal wrote:I would also be more than happy to invest ..... although "invest" is probably the wrong word as the likelihood of making a profit is almost nil. But if it keeps the club in the hands of the real supporters then it has to be the way forward. Surely the Hannings, Goodwins, Easts, Wests and Andrews of the club could buy substantially, those of us with an adequate income can spend " a few hundred/thousand" on some shares whilst those on a lower income should still be able to buy a part of the club by buying one at, say £50.
My biggest concern is that if the club has got itself to a situation whereby after the Gayle and Jones money, and FA Cup run, and FL parachute payments we are still not able to compete in a lower league, then I don't think a one off payment of a "few hundred thousand pounds" is going to make much of a difference in the long run.
The only way this club will survive in the long run is to get back to the way John Still organised things ten years ago. The question is "is he, or another, capable of doing that?".
Agree with all that. I would want to know how our "well run club" managed to get into a position where is can't survive without getting some quick cash in. I thought that was the whole remit of the board. If they have failed in that, despite last season's windfalls, then there need to be some major changes.

As stated previously, if we can't compete at the level we are at, we should accept that and rebuild. We are a big enough club to survive at Conference level if we are run properly.
Alan

Auntie Merge wrote:I'm also up for buying at least £200 of shares.
It's like the Buy a Brick scheme (Alan's successful idea) only this time you will really own a piece of the club!
I merely copied the idea from other clubs where it had worked, I won't take credit for coming up with the idea.

I also copied the idea of raffling the naming rights to the sieve for £50 or something per ticket, get local businesses aware of the club, get a bit of press coverage, but despite suggesting it several times over the years, the board never went with the idea - it worked for other clubs. I'd buy a ticket!
Chigwellian

I would also get an independent company to oversee the accounting of the club, and maybe even check personal accounts of upper management... We were told that we never spend above our means, and only had a debt for the stand and floodlights which were being well managed.

I smell something fishy here......
steeevooo

Whilst it's good news that Tamplin has pulled out, we do need to be careful not to count our chickens yet... if the club go down the route of being a company owned by shares, then there is presumably absolutely nothing to stop Mr Tamplin coming back in and buying the requisite number of shares to give him a majority stake in the club, unless the club have the foresight/will to stipulate a maximum shareholding in the constitution of the reformed company...
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:
I merely copied the idea from other clubs where it had worked, I won't take credit for coming up with the idea.

I also copied the idea of raffling the naming rights to the sieve for £50 or something per ticket, get local businesses aware of the club, get a bit of press coverage, but despite suggesting it several times over the years, the board never went with the idea - it worked for other clubs. I'd buy a ticket!
Its ideas like this for the Sieve that should be seriously considered, almost every club has stand sponsored yet we have a one that have never been.

Time for change, Alan for MD ;)
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Alan wrote:

Its ideas like this for the Sieve that should be seriously considered, almost every club has stand sponsored yet we have a one that have never been.

Time for change, Alan for MD ;)
He'd be way more grumpy than the current one.
ThatRoundThing

What rights would prospective individual shareholders have before purchasing? Would there be an independent audit of accounts viewable to prospective shareholders prior to purchase.

I like many others can't believe that despite FA Cup run and player sales that we are in dire financial straights. Yes, our attendances have dropped but that isn't the only income.

Where has the money gone? I am becoming very suspicious of wrong doings somewhere.
DI Mike Dashwood

People are getting a little confused I think.

Most LTDs have shares. It doesn't mean anyone can just rock up and buy them. For that to happen you need to be a PLC (the clue being in the P for Public) meaning anyone can essentially buy shares.

Presumably if the Consortium or Mr Tamplin was going to buy a certain % of the Club as was originally being planned, then there would have needed to be shares available as an LTD for them to do so. With the members "owning" the other shares. But they would not have been available for anyone to buy.

What now appears to be the case is the Club is saying is that they will have an EGM to discuss if they go down this route anyway, ie, they will issue shares. I am guessing to start with all of these would be owned by the members, but it would be in the hope that someone will come along and buy a certain amount of these shares leading to investment. It doesn't say or mean that all of us will be able to buy a few shares.

There is an alternative which is the AFC Wimbledon route, but from what I can gather they are essentially as we are at moment, which is a Members Club limited by liability. They put "units" and "memberships" up for offer when Club formed where you could donate as much as you wanted depending on your wealth, generosity and interest, to become a member, but if you bought one unit at £50 or 10 units for £500 you only got one vote on any matters.
Diggerthedog

ThatRoundThing wrote:What rights would prospective individual shareholders have before purchasing? Would there be an independent audit of accounts viewable to prospective shareholders prior to purchase.

I like many others can't believe that despite FA Cup run and player sales that we are in dire financial straights. Yes, our attendances have dropped but that isn't the only income.

Where has the money gone? I am becoming very suspicious of wrong doings somewhere.
Wayne Burnett still taking a wage does not help with our poor cash flow. £80k (my guess) per year, 18 months fully paid for doing ****** all.

Paying silly wages to poor players, Boucard being one these 'experienced pros' did not come cheap.