Club Statement at last

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

The board have their hearts set on Tamplin though. They would though seeing as they'd all have to step down if Goodwins consortium got the club. Still think it'll all end in tears if we go with Tamplin.
easthamdagger

No mention that all the board would keep their existing positions.If I was putting that sort of money in I would want a seat on the board and some kind of control
NBDag

Hmm not sure what to make of this. It certainly has talked up Tamplin and his offer quite a bit. However I think it would be reassuring to hear from the man himself. Ultimately, all we can do is ask ourselves whether we trust the board or not. I personally do trust them (with this sort of decision) and at this moment, believe that Tamplin's offer is the one that is best for the club. Saying this I would still like more information to come out from all 3 offers.
dagger4eva

The club states it still backs the Tamplin bid (glad it is no longer seeking to keep his name anonymous lol)

But question that MUST be answered is whether or not the full members will get to vote on the East/Goodwin bid also ....

Tamplin shouldnt be allowed anywhere near his boyhood (lol again) club
IanC

With this lot i wouldnt use a bog roll reccomended by em let alone some bloke who wants his kid to play on the pitch each week.Its save our club time and why would we turn away a consortium with years of being daggers for someone they know and reccomend to us.After the shite thats gone on the last few years its laughable.Vote gooders or its Afc morrisons for us!
Diggerthedog

£45m he is worth an wants to by Dagenham? Ummmmmmmm

Last thing on his mind would be where his son plays football games on a Sunday if this was a serious bid to buy the club.

Like Ian says above this will be the beginning of the end. So what we cant compete top five next season, give it a few years and we wont have a club.

AFC DAGENHAM....

And to add the other offers are not being forward as per the press release. Anyone think John Still will walk other this nonsense? Propbably why we have not signed anyone for a couple of weeks.
NBDag

Where has this son playing on the pitch actually come from? What concrete evidence have we actually seen for this before making a judgement? Seeing as it now seems a lot of bollocks has already been said about the bloke already? I get the impression on here some are just fearing the unknown. We still don't know much about this man or his intentions to make a reasonable judgement for either side.

Also the statement says this has been going on since April, so I'm guessing Still has known for a while.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Where has this son playing on the pitch actually come from? What concrete evidence have we actually seen for this before making a judgement? Seeing as it now seems a lot of bollocks has already been said about the bloke already? I get the impression on here some are just fearing the unknown. We still don't know much about this man or his intentions to make a reasonable judgement for either side.

Also the statement says this has been going on since April, so I'm guessing Still has known for a while.
Here: http://www.phoenixfm.com/2016/06/24/dag ... over-bids/ and I've had it confirmed independently that it is a condition of Tamplin investing.
Alan

Ok, if you're worth £45m you won't mind paying the £1.25m now up front. If you only want to put in 250k this year, you only get 16% this year.

Frankly, I'm not bothered about being a top 5 club if it means losing the club.
dagger4eva

Absolutely Alan!!!

I may be mistaken here but would any self respecting multi millionaire have to dissolve 9 companies leaving a number of debts in his trail. And what purpose would a company loan be to someone of such amazing wealth.

This is nothing more than a statement from an obviously desperate thommo trying to ensure this deal that he has quite obviously already guaranteed to tamplin doesnt fall through.

If there is nothing to hide the full members MUST be allowed to take a vote on both proposals
Kevin

Alan wrote:Ok, if you're worth £45m you won't mind paying the £1.25m now up front. If you only want to put in 250k this year, you only get 16% this year..
This is the bit I have an issue with - £250k to get instant full control over the club is a crap deal. Handing over 80% for that amount straight away just doesn't make any commercial sense.

That said, £200k from Lee Goodwin et al for 51% is pretty crap also.

:?
dagger4eva wrote:I may be mistaken here but would any self respecting multi millionaire have to dissolve 9 companies leaving a number of debts in his trail..
'Self respecting multi millionaire' sounds a bit of an oxymoron to me :D
IanC

Anyone fancy a new Barrett home! Stay tuned.
steeevooo

So according to the statement, the reason we have such a dire financial situation and need such investment is because otherwise we wouldn't be able to mount a top 5 challenge....fine, let's cut our cloth accordingly, not mount a top 5 challenge but instead have a club that we all love and is respected for financial control.
lupins

Technically what is the difference between 80% control and 51% control isn't it still control?
Whilst well aware of previous sugar daddy disasters I would still like to keep an open mind on all three bids