Dagenham & Redbridge F.C. - For Sale ???

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

To be completely fair, no one actually knows anything about this geezer who is supposed to be investing. And it seems like lots of people have used this Companycheck.co.uk to get information with him, and the numbers they use are not telling the story you think they are. I decided to use the website to check what it says about the director of the company I work for, as its someone I know well and could tell whether it's right or wrong. According to the website he has a net worth of -£500m (£500m in deep shit). I can tell you now that is not what he has in the bank! So I don't get what these numbers are meant to say, but it's not saying what you all think it is saying.

Also do take overs of clubs not have to be approved by the FA? So if there is anything dodgy they would pick up on it surely. Also, although Thommo et al can all be muppets at times, they do care about this club and I'd trust them to not cock up hugely with something like a takeover.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:To be completely fair, no one actually knows anything about this geezer who is supposed to be investing. And it seems like lots of people have used this Companycheck.co.uk to get information with him, and the numbers they use are not telling the story you think they are. I decided to use the website to check what it says about the director of the company I work for, as its someone I know well and could tell whether it's right or wrong. According to the website he has a net worth of -£500m (£500m in deep shit). I can tell you now that is not what he has in the bank! So I don't get what these numbers are meant to say, but it's not saying what you all think it is saying.

Also do take overs of clubs not have to be approved by the FA? So if there is anything dodgy they would pick up on it surely. Also, although Thommo et al can all be muppets at times, they do care about this club and I'd trust them to not cock up hugely with something like a takeover.
Masses of material in there.

Indeed no one knows about the geezer. Why would someone with no connection to the club want to invest? Whatever his worth (and I agree that these websites are useless in determining that - anyone who has serious money and doesn't have it out of sight must be mad), why would a man with no previous connection to Dagenham & Redbridge decide that it is a good investment?

What are the guy's motives here? Is it being Billy Big Bollocks wanting to own a football club or someone thinking they will make money out of us? Neither is a good thing is it, because Billy Big Bollocks will get bored and move on again and there will be no money made so he'll dump it somewhere down the line when that becomes obvious.

On the prospect of the club being sold, we have been told in the past that the restructure of the club from a members club to a limited company was purely because the Football League insisted on it, and that the "limited by guarantee" structure meant the club could not be bought.

The club does not belong to Tommo and the board, it belongs to the Members. As yet they have not been consulted, yet some guy has gone to the effort and expense of creating a company called Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club (2016) Limited, so the discussions have already gone a decent way down the line obviously.

There is a line of clubs that have been destroyed by events and people like those that seem to be happening to us. I honestly thought the club had more sense than to fall for it, but it seems not.
NBDag

Well I'm sure the members will ask him what his motives are straight away. And if he is here to make money, there is nothing wrong with that as long as he does it in a way that is also beneficial to the club. We might not be very profitable right now, but for all we know he could have some genius ideas that could change our fortunes.

What needs to be said is that just as much as this could be a bad thing for the club, it could be a very good thing for us. None of us can really say for certain what one it will be. All we can do is just trust those who make the decisions, are properly informed before they decide.
Alan

I suggest that people read the statements of affairs and the liquidators' reports on the companies liquidated - links were posted above, as they contents might affect your thinking.
dagger4eva

But the “investment” figure of £250k per year (in 12 monthly instalments I may well add) is nothing!

Last season I believe we lost around £350k

Next season we are projected to lose around £250k

So all this “investors” money would be doing (assuming the cash is actually even stumped up) is merely plugging a gap. Now you may well say that we would at least be kept a float as such but like Mike said – I would sooner we cut our cloth accordingly "the right way", something we mostly all used to assume was the way our club has been run up til now anyway.

The great unanswered question remains – WHY did Mr Tamplin of 9 previously dissolved companies re-name another company in the name of the Football Club unless certain assurances the way would be paved for him to take ownership.

The full members need to reject this outright unless every minute bit of detail is given to them – without any smoke or mirrors.
Mark

Agree that the figures on company check don't tell you someone's net worth - we know the guy is loaded, but it seems his companies haven't fared so well. If he's someone who manages to pay himself handsomely to the detriment of his creditors then that is a big worry.

If the valuations mentioned by lion are true then it is a terrible deal. 250k a year for 80% of the club? Got to be kidding me. I assume that would give him control of the clubhouse which is one of our main sources of income. Maybe he's looking to skim that money for himself and let the football club go to rot?
ARNU

Must be a nutter,I cant see what financial benefits he could get from buying such a tiny outfit.The grief hes getting already should be enough to put him off.His money will go down an everlasting hole,better sticking it in the bank and geting half a percent.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SteveW

I agree with Mike, why would someone with no previous connection to the club suddenly decide it would make a good investment? As D4E states if the money would only be used to plug financial holes, there is no money to be made? What is his motive, there must be more to this than meets the eye.
Phippo

Somewhat off topic, if the club are in financial trouble, just imagine how severe it would have been without the sale of Jodi Jones and the decent run in last seasons FA cup!
Mike the Dagger

Phippo wrote:Somewhat off topic, if the club are in financial trouble, just imagine how severe it would have been without the sale of Jodi Jones and the decent run in last seasons FA cup!
Those, plus the parachute payments from the FL, are what lead me to believe that the club cannot suddenly be in a position where it desperately needs what is actually not a huge amount of investment in order to survive to the point we sell our souls to some guy that appears to have no obvious motive to get involved.

Something about this isn't right.
ThatRoundThing

Will our existing sponsors smell a rat and pull out? In which case most of his proposed investment could be almost nullified.

I see a giant steel distribution centre in the coming years where a football club used to be.
Diggerthedog

Show me any lower league football club that has had an investor and not be left up shit creek without a paddle.

I hope the full members reject this idea and like Mike said if we need to drop again to manage the debt then so be it. Were still paying Burnett and Hackett thats £100k right there.
Phippo

Diggerthedog wrote:Show me any lower league football club that has had an investor and not be left up shit creek without a paddle.

I hope the full members reject this idea and like Mike said if we need to drop again to manage the debt then so be it. Were still paying Burnett and Hackett thats £100k right there.
Fleetwood appear to have done quite well! Thus far! :D
Diggerthedog

Phippo wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Show me any lower league football club that has had an investor and not be left up shit creek without a paddle.

Fleetwood appear to have done quite well! :D
Yeah not looking good for them :roll:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0698 ... ED/summary

£15m in liabilities. There owner started to stop the bank rolling last year will be in the conference within 3 years is my guess, if they have club.
Voice of reason

Alan wrote:I suggest that people read the statements of affairs and the liquidators' reports on the companies liquidated - links were posted above, as they contents might affect your thinking.
Having read the Liquidator's reports if I had a company supplying goods or services to Daggers I wouldn't want to be giving credit to the club if this change goes through.