Dagenham & Redbridge F.C. - For Sale ???

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Indeed.

Former Director would appear to be his wife or a relative with previous company name of BET Industries....

TAMPLIN, Bliss Ellie
durnzo

He resigned from another firm the day he started this one. Maybe he's got a consortium of oil rich Saudis backing him!!!
Mark

It's his wife. See wedding video mentioned above!
dagger4eva

AFC Dagenham anyone??
Kevin

I heard a rumour that he can breathe fire & play the full version of 'Wind of Change' on a kazoo.
durnzo

****** me. I'm actually speechless! Looked like a who's who of scoundrels.
TheLion

The "local businessman" has proposed investing a minimum of £1.25 million over the next five years for ownership of 80% of the club. The worrying point is that the Board have given it a unanimous backing!

Although I have been banging on for ages for the Chair to go out and get some investors, this does not sound like the best deal for the club.

His track record is not inspiring.
Mark

I'm not sure what exactly he'd own given our status. It seems very dodgy to me.

Is he contractually obliged to put that money up? Or can he simply do it through the company and walk away unscathed if he doesn't fancy it?

There has to be an angle for him but I'm struggling as we don't have many assets afaik.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:I'm not sure what exactly he'd own given our status. It seems very dodgy to me.

Is he contractually obliged to put that money up? Or can he simply do it through the company and walk away unscathed if he doesn't fancy it?

There has to be an angle for him but I'm struggling as we don't have many assets afaik.
It will be a toy, bit of glamour for him look at me billy big balls owning a football club. It will end in tears, unless this guy was a fan then he wont care what happens after he is bored.

I think the club are in more debt than they are letting on and unless someone pumps money in.......Desperate.
Mike the Dagger

TheLion wrote:The "local businessman" has proposed investing a minimum of £1.25 million over the next five years for ownership of 80% of the club. The worrying point is that the Board have given it a unanimous backing!

Although I have been banging on for ages for the Chair to go out and get some investors, this does not sound like the best deal for the club.

Where does that come from?
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
TheLion wrote:The "local businessman" has proposed investing a minimum of £1.25 million over the next five years for ownership of 80% of the club. The worrying point is that the Board have given it a unanimous backing!

Lion is a full member if I remember correctly.
Alan

Deeply worrying.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

Lion is a full member if I remember correctly.
Neither enough, nor even possible under the current way the club is run.

DI Mike Dashwood

Interesting one this!!!

So nothing concrete to see what is happening BUT why would this bloke be registering a company as Dagenham and Redbridge FC if there wasn't something to it??

I am not an expert on these things, but as others have said, looks like this was all set up in Feb and then the Directors changes went through last Monday. When was the AGM of the Club??

With regards to his past, and companies being dissolved, there may be more to this than the companies all went up the swanny under his stewardship. It could be he bought some of these companies out and then wound them up to combine resources etc with his existing company?? The fact it is dissolved may not be a bad thing (although it may well be). Not sure where people are seeing his net worth, but again, there are many ways this may not be a full indication of his actual net worth.

Anyway, isn't this what most of you wanted?? You wanted the current (if they are still current) regime gone, so if this bloke takes over then you have all got what you wanted haven't you?? A businessman with fresh ideas?? This guy is what you have all been calling for?? Careful what you wish for as some of us have said all along!!!