Dagenham & Redbridge F.C. - For Sale ???

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

So, it was always my understanding that in at least its previous format (pre Limited by Guarantee), the club could never be sold as such to a single individual.

I've recently heard a rumour that following a heavy financial loss this season, and a heavy predicted loss next season, the club has apparently found an individual they are willing to effectively sell the football club to.

Decided to take a quick search on companies house and discovered there are now 3 entries related to the club, 1 of which is relatively new, in the name of Dagenham & Redbridge FC 2016 Ltd. Registered in Feb16 as BET Industries and renamed only a week ago as the '2016 Ltd' entity.

A quick google search linked to a web site which shows the officer, a chap called Glenn Tamplin having seemingly had an interesting business history to date with apparantly 9 of his previous business being dissolved.

Now, I may be well wide of the mark but I wonder if this is the individual looking to invest and own the club. Anyone else 'in the know' on this matter?

This could be a key decision in the history or even sheer existence of our club...
durnzo

Interesting. It would obviously be a labour of love, so hopefully if it's true it'll be a local boy done good with deep pockets and a brain! Or am I still dreaming???
rechitski kinzhal

Assets £1.8million, liabilities £1.1 million, net worth £98,500 hardly makes him Roman Abramovich, does it? Probably half our adult supporters have got more.
It fills me with dread rather than excitement ....... but then I am always the pessimist!
durnzo

When you lay it out like that it does sound worrying. I don't know much about the inner workings of the club but at least with a few 'owners' the losses can be split. A single owner would have to shoulder the lot, and it doesn't sound like he's got the funds for it!!
Diggerthedog

We only became LTD due to football league rules perhaps we are reverting to the old way with the current company being closed?

Perhaps there is more to Gerry Resigning then we think? I would be really worried if this goes ahead.
Last edited by Diggerthedog on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
durnzo

Also says 9 dissolved companies. Which doesn't sound great. Gotta be the rumour mill, a man with that little capital couldn't run a club which loses money like the daggers! Will be interesting to see what happens.
TommyD&R

So who's gonna still be going when we're ground sharing at AFC Hornchurch in the Ryman North in 5 years then?
Phippo

durnzo wrote:Also says 9 dissolved companies. Which doesn't sound great. Gotta be the rumour mill, a man with that little capital couldn't run a club which loses money like the daggers! Will be interesting to see what happens.
It's not a rumour, it's a fact!
Mark

Fills me with dread.

Seems to be in the steel business but has reformed the company about 5 times which has to be a worry. Sounds like that bryco fella!

There also seems to be a video of a family wedding on YouTube which makes, erm, interesting viewing.
dagger4eva

More intrigued as to what his motives for wanting to buy the club would be.

Who is he (i.e. does he have any connection whatsoever with the club) - cant say I've ever seen his face about in the last 20 years.

What would happen to the club if we got a desperate financial situation (unpaid bills/wages etc.) - would this man be solely responsible with the club being wound up if he didn't / couldn't pay?

:roll:
Mark

His money must have come from somewhere as his wedding cost £7 million!
Diggerthedog

dagger4eva wrote:More intrigued as to what his motives for wanting to buy the club would be.

Who is he (i.e. does he have any connection whatsoever with the club) - cant say I've ever seen his face about in the last 20 years.

What would happen to the club if we got a desperate financial situation (unpaid bills/wages etc.) - would this man be solely responsible with the club being wound up if he didn't / couldn't pay?

:roll:
How much is he buying the club for? When was the club advertised for sale? Surely they would do that rather than sell it to the first dodgy guy that comes along. This will end in tears.
Mark

I was under the impression the club still can't be sold as there are no shares in a company limited by guarantee. Instead we have members who can appoint directors.

As far as I can tell we'd need to be wound up and the assets effectively given to any new company.
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote:I was under the impression the club still can't be sold as there are no shares in a company limited by guarantee. Instead we have members who can appoint directors.

As far as I can tell we'd need to be wound up and the assets effectively given to any new company.
Agree with all that, however there is definitely a new "2016" company out there, which is a standard Ltd company, with one director, this guy Glenn Tamplin.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 4/officers
durnzo

It can't be happening. His net worth is half of what my 2 bed flat in sunny dagenham is and his main income is from a small company in an industry that has seen some of its biggest companies fold in this country due to the Chinese over producing and flooding the market. Hardly the time to take up a hobby which is essentially a black hole for money!!! Unless he's got some sort of Master plan, dragons den maybe???