Could be worse - we could be Villa.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

I'm definitely not the only person who thinks there is something extremely dodgy about this Chinese fella who has purchased Aston Villa. The press are alluding to it without obviously wanting to be defamatory. What are the odds that we'll be up at Villa Park in the FA Cup 1st Round in November 2017??
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
RampantDuke

https://next.ft.com/content/9969d8b0-1e ... dde55ca122

The Financial Times doesn't fancy him that's for sure! Villa are the future Leeds.........
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Paul from Barking

Have Villa ever played in the 3rd tier?
rechitski kinzhal

Yes.
I remember it well.
I think it was two seasons and IIRC Birmingham City were in the same division one season with Villa getting a 51,000 crowd for the game at Villa Park.
Bluenose

I was at that game, it was the 67-8 season. It was in fact in the old Second Div, and Villa had just been relegated, so it was the first time we'd played them for ages, and in fact it was the first derby I'd been to. We beat them 4-2; and went on to do the double against them. England had of course won the World Cup the year before, so in them days I used to think football was brilliant.

Little did I know that football would also also encompass Burnett, Boucard, Kane Ferdinand and being one-nil down at Barnet after 20 seconds...