What do we know........

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

....... about Tyrique Hyde & Kai Heather??? :?:
TommyD&R

I'd imagine Hyde is Micah Hydes son seeing as Burnett, Kenny Brown, and Hackett's sons were all in youth teams this season. Are we the only club that does this?
Cockney Byrites

I have met Kai on a number of occasions, as his younger brother plays for the same football team as my son.
He is a central defensive midfielder, something this club has been calling out for, for a long time. He has recently been on loan to Cheshunt, where he apparently did pretty well. He is a former captain off the youth team. He is a nice kid and I hope he can impress in pre-season and force himself into the starting line up.
Mark

I think Hyde is a winger from memory. Believe they're both getting pro deals.
Cockney Byrites

Both have been invited back for pre-season. Only Shepherd from the academy has signed a deal, so far.
Lcbdagger

Interesting to see if a young DM gets game time next season if we have Boucard for another year. Also interesting to see how a properly defensive central midfielder fits in to a team that plays a long ball game. No reason to not give a winger a try out in pre season if we weren't planning on keeping Hemmings on even though he played the most games last season.

You feel if Hawkins is to flourish next season we could do with a winger who can actually get a ball in from out wide.
Voice of reason

Tyrique has normally played central midfield when I've seen him. He is a powerful but stylish player in the mould of his dad Micah.
He's just finished his first year scholar and was also playing in the U18's as a 15 year old. He has a chance in my opinion

Kai Heather is the type who could become a fan's favourite. A box to box type who puts in crunching tackles to win the ball and give it to team mates. Also capable of the odd goal from long range shots
He's quite tall and is bound to get better as his physique improves over the next couple of years. He's just finished the 2nd year of his scholarship