New Signing ????0"

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

I see York have signed four players this week and there intentions should be similar to ours (an immediate return). We've been linked and rumoured to have signed players but nothing concrete on website or in the media so far!
NBDag

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:I see York have signed four players this week and there intentions should be similar to ours (an immediate return). We've been linked and rumoured to have signed players but nothing concrete on website or in the media so far!
Was an interview with John Still on the website yesterday where he does say that things have been agreed with incoming players, and that things will be announced "over the coming weeks". God knows when that will be though. I just hope that if we've actually signed them, that we have them training with us at the earliest opportunity.
Diggerthedog

Players will still have contracts to run until the end of the month with their current clubs, expect a few announcements next week.
Adrian

Don't most contracts run until the end of June?
I remember a few seasons a go some signings weren't officially announced until 1st August as it meant the club they were leaving had to pay them for July.

There's no rush to get signings announced - the season hasn't even finished yet.
SteveW

Oh Adrian please, stop being so sensible. You know we must have our whole squad signed up and all Daggers fans individually informed by the end of May or we'll struggle again next season.
Them's the rules don't you know.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:Don't most contracts run until the end of June?
I remember a few seasons a go some signings weren't officially announced until 1st August as it meant the club they were leaving had to pay them for July.

There's no rush to get signings announced - the season hasn't even finished yet.
Football league contracts end of June, non league clubs end of May usually. Seeing as we're singing mostly semi pro's now it will be next week we should announce them.
Alan

Players are free from January each year to sign and announce contracts with new clubs when they will be out of contract, the so called "pre-contract", or at least that was my understanding.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:Players are free from January each year to sign and announce contracts with new clubs when they will be out of contract, the so called "pre-contract", or at least that was my understanding.
Waiting for release paperwork, lets face it our club is miles behind the rest of the world.
Mike the Dagger

B&D Post reporting Doe and Howell have been signed.
NBDag

Mike the Dagger wrote:B&D Post reporting Doe and Howell have been signed.
Mixed feelings about this if true. Were great for us and were proper Daggers- something we've lost. But I always get an iffy feeling when we resign players.
TommyD&R

Well I'm delighted!
Lcbdagger

Alan wrote:Players are free from January each year to sign and announce contracts with new clubs when they will be out of contract, the so called "pre-contract", or at least that was my understanding.
Pretty sure January is only for moves to foreign climes... can only be announced from 1st June to my knowledge if a player in England is out of contract that season
ARNU

Confirmed on the website apparently both players keen to re join the club.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/b ... 28563.aspx

boom add benno to that please just to make arnu happy ;)
but we finished 9th!
Alan

Lcbdagger wrote:
Pretty sure January is only for moves to foreign climes... can only be announced from 1st June to my knowledge if a player in England is out of contract that season
Yeah, the papers occasionally trot that out, but I don't think it's true. There's an article on pre-contracts here https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/training- ... -football/