Jimmy Shepherd

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Voice of reason

Those of us who have watched the youth team in the past few years knew that Jimmy was the next one most likely to step up. He's a strong lad with a boxing background and has a good temperament
Naturally he's very young so has a lot to learn which is perhaps even more important as a defender
Hopefully fans will be patient
lupins

Unlikely sadly

But a very sound and promising debut looked comfortable and confident in himself at the higher level

Jimmy Shepherd he's one of our own and that's what we need now
Lcbdagger

Those behind me in the Sieve yesterday though Shepherd looked poor and nervous but in their words, Pennell at Left Back looked "extremely promising".

Certainly a game of opinions as I thought Pennell looked distinctly non-league while the young man looked compose don the right... admittedly not playing against a team tearing him to shreds
Adrian

They both looked decent enough to me.
Neither had much cover in front but weren't caused any problems.
I'd have both over the other full backs we've had this season on what I saw yesterday.
Diggerthedog

Aren't Both are central backs normally?
NBDag

Echoing what Voice of Reason has said. Need to be patient with them until the experience is there. Let's not forget Scott Doe when he first started playing for us, he looked like the biggest liability going for quite a few games.
Voice of reason

Sheps can play full back or central defence but I guess it's better to start at full back while he gets used to men's football. He has reasonable pace and can overlap and cross effectively