Who stays and who goes...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Sagres wrote:
ARNU wrote: Labadie gave his all every time and got player of the season. Funny that.
Awarded by the same buffoons that renewed Wayne Burnett’s managerial contract
It could also be said that they gave the job to a bloke that got us relegated.
Alan

stanton101 wrote:
Sagres wrote:
ARNU wrote: Labadie gave his all every time and got player of the season. Funny that.
Awarded by the same buffoons that renewed Wayne Burnett’s managerial contract
It could also be said that they gave the job to a bloke that got us relegated.
Yes, Burnett.
leewilson

Adrian wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
daggersjeff wrote:Cureton is almost certainly gone.... don't think he will even be in the team next Saturday....

Would be quite happy to keep both keepers along with Doidge, Dikamona, Raymond, Pennel, Shepherd, Hawkins, possibly Richards and Gutteridge....build around that...and we need a captain with love and passion for the club

Labadie, boucaud, hemmings, widdowson Hines, chambers, Connors can go........... Muldoon, Hyam , Taylor & Cash will be going back
Labadie?
He did almost nothing in his first season bar picking up a six month ban.
This season he seemed to be be viewed more favourably because of the ban. He's not been anything like as good as haa been made out. After the initial impact after coming back he's done nothing.
He's picked up 12 bookings despite missing the first 3 months. If he'd have started the season he'd have picked up several suspensions. And he spends too much time trying to con free kicks out of referees and failing.
Agree with this. I think Labadie had an excellent first 10 or so games back and then has been in cruise mode truth be told. His initial enthusiasm and gratitude for playing again stood out. Then he was allowed a bit more license to bomb forward when we signed Dunne but since he's left, he's been found out a little. Mainly though, Labadie's stood out because he's been better than Kane Ferdinand and Andre Boucaud. Compare him to Ogogo, Howell and Bingham and the other three are better.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:I once had a conversation with John Moncur and asked him why he was always getting booked within minutes of the start or within minutes of coming on as a sub. Passion and showing passion was what impressed his managers and pretty much everywhere he went he was a fans favourite. We've moaned all season about a lack of effort. Labadie gave his all every time and got player of the season. Funny that.
How was Labadie giving his all while sat on his backside for 3 months?
Labadie rarely got booked because he showing passion. He got lots of cheap, silly bookings which then meant he couldn't put proper challenges in any more.
He certainly wasn't giving his all the times he was laying on the floor waiting for a non-existent foul to be given.

It's funny that you complain in the past about how players aren't acting as good role models, and then hold up Labadie for praise.

Mentioning him as player of the season is utterly laughable. He wouldn't even get in the top 5 of most season.
ARNU

Fortunately Adrian this ain't communist North Korea and I'm free to hold whatever opinion I like. Even the supporters club had labadie 2nd so I sort of feel exonerated in that opinion. Just remember some of the douchebags we apparently now think are great in their absence languished at the bottom end of the table mostly since 2010 . Labadie whilst not my favourite ever Dagger did put a shift in most weeks. We've had worse.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

If not labadie I really don't know who'd get it. Seemed to give it everything most weeks and was one of few up to the required standard. Yes he is impetuous and gets booked a lot but that's better than most of our lot who shirk any kind of physical contact. I mean Christ, Passley was 3rd and the guy ducks out of almost every aerial ball and won't go in for a 50/50.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Fortunately Adrian this ain't communist North Korea and I'm free to hold whatever opinion I like. Even the supporters club had labadie 2nd so I sort of feel exonerated in that opinion. Just remember some of the douchebags we apparently now think are great in their absence languished at the bottom end of the table mostly since 2010 . Labadie whilst not my favourite ever Dagger did put a shift in most weeks. We've had worse.
I'm not sure I've suggested you aren't free to hold your opinion? By the same token I am free to hold an opinion as well.

Not sure why you're comparing him to previous players.
We have had worse, but no one is suggesting we have them around next season.
Some of us are simply explaining the justification of the opinion that he shouldn't be kept on next season.
Personally I'd rather never have seen him Dagenham & Redbridge shirt. You don't seem to have a proben digging out people with dodgy backgrounds so I'm surprised you're happy to ignore Labadies.
Adrian

Mark wrote:If not labadie I really don't know who'd get it. Seemed to give it everything most weeks and was one of few up to the required standard. Yes he is impetuous and gets booked a lot but that's better than most of our lot who shirk any kind of physical contact. I mean Christ, Passley was 3rd and the guy ducks out of almost every aerial ball and won't go in for a 50/50.
How about no-one? It was a pointless award and if any player feels any pride in receiving it then they may as well retire.
Labadie isn't impetuous, he's a poor quality bully. The only.reason he doesn't duck out of aerial challenge is because he goes into most of them late and with his arms out the hit the opposition player.
mickeyblue

not to mention our player of the year has been relegated before.

imo ladabie got it due to the rest being so bad before xmas he looked a world beater when he returned.

adrian is spot on we should of not had a POY awards, imo nobody should of voted anyway but my doe howell and bingham vote might have raised a smile.

as for who stays and goes, would anybody be bothered if any of this mob was here next season? other than jamie who i dont think stilly wants him then nobody id be bothered about
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

I didn't want him here along with the other bad boy, forgot his name. But even if you say he was the best of a bad bunch he did appear to get stuck in a hell of a lot more than the others. He was the only real candidate in this poty competition that's why he won it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !