Vanarama Tour

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

After some of the rousing stuff Stilly had to say last night I'm very much looking forward to next season already - hopefully having a team we can at the very least be proud of again.
So what will the league lineup be - here the confirmed & possible opponents. I've highlighted my preferred teams from the possible lists:

Confirmed Teams
Aldershot
Barrow
Bromley
Chester
Daggers
Gateshead
Lincoln
Macclesfield
Solihull Moors
Southport
Sutton United
Torquay
Woking
Wrexham
York

+ 5 from:
Braintree
Dover
Eastleigh
Forest Green

Grimsby
Tranmere

+ 2 from:
Boreham Wood
Guiseley
Halifax

+ 1 from:
Dartford
Ebbsfleet
Hemel Hempstead
Maidenhead
Maidstone
Truro
Whitehawk

+ 1 from:
AFC Fylde
Boston
Harrowgate
North Ferriby
Nuneaton

Cant fail to be excited looking at all that can ya!!! :lol:
Diggerthedog

Truro please, can get a flight down to Newquay for a great weekender.

I have ref'd at Bromley also seen the daggers play there in the Ryman Prem :lol: Plenty of localish games for the Yoof to get excited about :D
NickMurphy

Like the look of it so far. Have decent records on the whole against sides like Macclesfield, Chester and Lincoln, plus we have some new places like Solihull, Barrow etc which should be decent trips (and cheap pubs).

Bring it on!
speedy

I think you'll find Truro city are ground sharing with Torquay next season.
Diggerthedog

speedy wrote:I think you'll find Truro city are ground sharing with Torquay next season.
Oh really that's a shame! Torquay in the same league as groundshare team.
NickMurphy

Diggerthedog wrote:
speedy wrote:I think you'll find Truro city are ground sharing with Torquay next season.
Called it off a while ago - http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 24583.aspx
Diggerthedog

NickMurphy wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Called it off a while ago - http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 24583.aspx
Thanks Nick. Be cheering them on in the play offs. Imagine a coach journey down to there, Thursday night on BT sport anyone :lol:
Dagdale

Re: the confirmed teams think that looks quite a challenge and quite a few of those teams originally had football League status and just goes to show what's in store in a League that will not be an easy success for outright return, as I do enjoy a long 'away day' just hope we pull Gateshead, Barrow and Chester away from a November to February headache. Torquay United away on a bank holiday would be sweet again. Agree, Truro would be a crack, stayed in a B & B opposite ground a few years back and a mile into town downhill, great real Cornish pubs in town, but a murderous 1 in 3 hill back! Well done to Sutton United, everybody was talking Ebbsfleet er walk it for ages with all the money,etc and what Sutton achieved in the end, top class.
PaulHornchurch

Having spent most of this season as Kit Man at Chelmsford City, I obviously know a bit about the teams coming up.

Sutton - 3G pitch, which is excellent, but Sutton know how to play it. Gone 25 games unbeaten, funded by income from 3G and millionaire manager Paul Doswell. Train 3 mornings a week, strong, organised and best side we played all season by miles.

Ebbsfleet - Full Time, wages that are staggering, would expect them to win play offs. Billionaire owner, will improve squad if step up for sure.

Truro - lovely club, but a slap for sure. Will go full time next season if promoted. Do so much travelling they bought their own luxury coach. Good budget but dodgy pitch, not good when it rains.

Maidstone - 3G pitch, decent side, crowds of 2000 plus. Very good budget
NickMurphy

Boreham Wood and Guiseley both survive.

FGR vs Dover and Grimsby vs Braintree in the POs I believe.
Lcbdagger

Really cracking Braintree performance tonight on BT Sport. Shows what a team can do in that league without the big names but a real team spirit and the winning mentality
Sagres

Part time Braintree have a very good manager in Danny Cowley
DaggerJoel11

Confirmed Teams - Updated
Aldershot
Barrow
Boreham Wood
Bromley
Chester
Daggers
Eastleigh
Gateshead
Guiseley
Lincoln
Macclesfield
Solihull Moors
Southport
Sutton United
Torquay
Tranmere
Woking
Wrexham
York

+ 3 from:
Braintree
Dover
Forest Green
Grimsby

Wed 03 May, 7.00pm - Dover v Forest Green
Thu 04 May, 7.00pm - Grimsby v Braintree
Sat 07 May, 7.30pm - Forest Green v Dover
Sun 08 May, 3.00pm - Braintree v Grimsby
Sun 15 May, 4.00pm - THE FINAL

All games are live on BT Sport.

+ 1 from:
Ebbsfleet
Maidstone
Truro
Whitehawk

Wed 04 May, 7.45pm - Whitehawk v Ebbsfleet
Wed 04 May, 7.45pm - Truro City v Maidstone
Sun 08 May, 3.00pm - Ebbsfleet v Whitehawk
Sun 08 May, 3.00pm - Maidstone v Truro City
Sat 14 May, 3.00pm - THE FINAL

+ 1 from:
AFC Fylde
Boston
Harrogate
North Ferriby

Wed 04 May, 7.45pm - Boston Utd v North Ferriby
Wed 04 May, 7.45pm - Harrogate v AFC Fylde
Sun 08 May, 3.00pm - North Ferriby v Boston Utd
Sun 08 May, 3.00pm - AFC Fylde v Harrogate
Sat 14 May, 3.00pm - THE FINAL
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Watched Dover vs Veggie pies last night bloody awful match, total void of any quality apart from the goal. If two part time teams make the play offs there is hope for us. Braintree have a budget of 230k very decent manager who we should have gone after at Xmas.

I see Boston are now probably in the final of national north but Truro all but out of south play offs. Maidstone or Ebbsfleet final.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote:Watched Dover vs Veggie pies last night bloody awful match, total void of any quality apart from the goal. If two part time teams make the play offs there is hope for us. Braintree have a budget of 230k very decent manager who we should have gone after at Xmas.

I see Boston are now probably in the final of national north but Truro all but out of south play offs. Maidstone or Ebbsfleet final.
So we should have gone for cowley. That really will upset the Johnny hoof lovers. :lol: