2016/17 Season Ticket Prices Announced

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

ARNU wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like a beer or two but I've never really had any of my trips to the footy enhanced by having a warm lager in a plastic cup before during or after a game. My general observation of those that act the most moronic on match days usually have pissed it up before they got to the match anyway. Obviously there are those that can control themselves whilst under the influence but personally I'd ban it from the ground as I'm sure unless you're a full on alcoholic you could give it a miss for an hour and a half.
I'm with arnu on this.
IanC

I'm not
mickeyblue

each to there own
very small minority cross the line whether its beer fueled or not.
beer and football goes back, way back and should always be part of football or we get a bunch of pompous twats as fans only.

i agree that some are complete morons but 95% are decent enough.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:each to there own
very small minority cross the line whether its beer fueled or not.
beer and football goes back, way back and should always be part of football or we get a bunch of pompous twats as fans only.

i agree that some are complete morons but 95% are decent enough.
I've never before seen the analogy sober = pompous Mickeyblue.

With a background in dealing with drunken ******** morons I can assure you that many a good evening or event can be spoilt by the noisy gobshite oafishness of such people. Like I said,those who can behave I see no reason to spoil their day by banning it, I personally don't find it necessary or such a big part of my day .Hence it would not bother me if it were banned. Rather stand next to a quiet pompous fan than a drunk effing and c-ing in front of women and children.The only attractive thing about the sieve I can find is that you can just move somewhere else I spose.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

I think I've just done the one pint up the TBS during Oranges and as stadium lagers go thought it wern't that bad, but much prefer a few before in club, after all you need a bloody good drink to watch the daggers as of late, actually with that in store feel a half-time pint is simply generally highly inflated and not on and rather wait for after game where we drown our sorrows and bunny, but each to their own and agree its totally bang out of order when its taken too far with disrespect for others around you, but thankfully we do have space to clear in our games. In general hardly ever seen a problem with it especially on away days.
NBDag

Someone really should have asked about the bar being available at the forum!

I think there's nothing wrong with us serving alcohol at the game, especially when we have teams like Portsmouth turning up with 1200 people. If half of them bought one £4(???) pint from us thats £4800 quid. Not bad when you think about it. However that was last year and unless we're going to be selling enough drink from the one bar, I don't think it should be open. Would be good if we could make that bar available to the sieve, away and home TBS fans. But I can't imagine how that could be achieved.
IanC

The bar in the tbs will not be open to fans in the sieve its against the rules and not allowed, the bar will be open to both home and away supporters who are in the stand only.
stanton101

If as been said people can't wait til a match is finished to get pissed up then they have a problem. That said watching Johnny hoof's brand of football will no doubt turn most of us in to raving alchies anyway so I suppose it's a win win situation for those powers that be.
Dagger42

Does anyone know if in the TBS season ticket you will be allocated a set seat or could we sit anywhere. I know with the combo you can sit anywhere but it is only for a limited amount of games a year.
ARNU

Dagger42 wrote:Does anyone know if in the TBS season ticket you will be allocated a set seat or could we sit anywhere. I know with the combo you can sit anywhere but it is only for a limited amount of games a year.
Even if they only allocate 600 of the 1200 seats to us I strongly doubt we'd have half our home support taking the offer up.I think you'll be able to sit where you want.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

It's not about getting pissed up its just a pint, Jesus some people are touchy when it comes to having a drink at the football. Been drinking at games for years home and away and there are never any problems it's not West Ham in the 80's.
IanC

Well said
stanton101

Oh right so people don't have a drink before a match anymore, they just wait nowadays to have a pint at the football, silly me.
Hardy1

Some moronic views on drinking at football. Should we not allow people to drink at rugby and T20 cricket matches as well? What about the theatre? Stop the interval drinks?

I think its bad enough that you cant drink in view of the pitch, its 2016 not the 70s and 80s. If people want to cause trouble they will whether they have drunk alcohol or not.
Mike the Dagger

Hardy1 wrote:Some moronic views on drinking at football. Should we not allow people to drink at rugby and T20 cricket matches as well? What about the theatre? Stop the interval drinks?

I think its bad enough that you cant drink in view of the pitch, its 2016 not the 70s and 80s. If people want to cause trouble they will whether they have drunk alcohol or not.
To be fair, it is not "views" it is the law.

Agree it is nuts that you can sit in the same seat at a stadium and watch another sport or a concert and drink, but not at a football match, but hey, another legacy of the 1980s.