Fans Forum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

Any ideas what questions would like to be asked, and to who?
DI Mike Dashwood

I would be interested in how the ground is going to be configured next Year in terms of away fans and access to the TBS and it's facilities.
Mike the Dagger

I'd be interested to know who voted to give Burnett a further two year contract and whether they can look at themselves in the mirror in the morning.
Lcbdagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I would be interested in how the ground is going to be configured next Year in terms of away fans and access to the TBS and it's facilities.
Should certainly come up
mickeyblue

both great questions

i also would like to know if the academy will be safe once parachute payments are gone.

is benno talks just rumour
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

mickeyblue wrote:both great questions

i also would like to know if the academy will be safe once parachute payments are gone.

There will be no Academy, we are paid 500k a year by Football/Premier League to help run the Academy this is not part of the parachute payments and funding stops immediately.
mickeyblue

iv already asked the college where my boy will be going and micah hyde who said there be no change but id also like tommo or dave to comfirm this.

the league gives us 500k a year to run a academy? yet we pay what was it 25k a year to run it? something doesnt add up there.

i should be able to attend next week but just incase i cant could someone ask for me please

thanks
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

mickeyblue wrote:iv already asked the college where my boy will be going and micah hyde who said there be no change but id also like tommo or dave to comfirm this.

the league gives us 500k a year to run a academy? yet we pay what was it 25k a year to run it? something doesnt add up there.

i should be able to attend next week but just incase i cant could someone ask for me please

thanks
Where do you get its costs 25k to run the academy? Its costs 500k and every penny we receive is only allowed to be spent on it. We will not be able to afford the run the academy when we go down, some of it but not in its current shape.
mickeyblue

Diggerthedog wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:iv already asked the college where my boy will be going and micah hyde who said there be no change but id also like tommo or dave to comfirm this.

thanks
Where do you get its costs 25k to run the academy? Its costs 500k and every penny we receive is only allowed to be spent on it. We will not be able to afford the run the academy when we go down, some of it but not in its current shape.
sorry mate i ment we offer a salary of 25k for somebody to run it. ie kenny brown before he left.

running a academy doesnt cost fortunes tho mate as lots of non league clubs have them including barking averley etc and should be our focus.
i personally know one of our under 11s parents and the lad is very good who was approached by lots of clubs including arsenal and chelsea. who in a few seasons could repay the whole academy twice over.
but we finished 9th!
stanton101

I'd like to know realistically what kind of expectations the board have for next season as far as a league position is concerned. What would they class as decent season. Season ticket prices for next season?
Diggerthedog

mickeyblue wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

thanks
sorry mate i ment we offer a salary of 25k for somebody to run it. ie kenny brown before he left.

running a academy doesnt cost fortunes tho mate as lots of non league clubs have them including barking averley etc and should be our focus.
i personally know one of our under 11s parents and the lad is very good who was approached by lots of clubs including arsenal and chelsea. who in a few seasons could repay the whole academy twice over.
Our academy is currently at a very high level well above the likes of the clubs you mention. The teams at all levels have there refs, pitches, kits, equipment and coaching all paid for. It runs into hundreds of thousands.
mickeyblue

dont need to ask now you answered it perfectly
but we finished 9th!
Alan

Diggerthedog wrote:

There will be no Academy, we are paid 500k a year by Football/Premier League to help run the Academy this is not part of the parachute payments and funding stops immediately.
Think you have doubled the league's contribution, from what I understand to be the case they match us if we put up £250k.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

Think you have doubled the league's contribution, from what I understand to be the case they match us if we put up £250k.
May have mis-read or heard previously but thanks for clearing up. Interesting to know a huge loss I believe.
davei

Stanton wrote "I'd like to know realistically what kind of expectations the board have for next season as far as a league position is concerned. What would they class as decent season. Season ticket prices for next season?"

Well first off, I hope the current board are not there next season. Secondly, should they be there, it would seem based on past practice it would appear we need to lose more games than we win and achieve a 22nd place finish.