Fans Forum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
redboy

I'd like to ask Dave the Plumber what the ****** he's done to improve the club? Apart from a far better flush I'm told in the ladies and a 10% discount on bathroom appliances in the changing room, he's been a waste of space. Frankly the board should resign, they say we're the people's club etc, but when does our voice ever get listened to.
DI Mike Dashwood

Just out of genuine curiosity, who do you want to resign from the board, and who would you replace these people with??

Presumably the two people most seem to believe are responsible are Dave the Plumber and Thommo?? So in the case of Thommo, he is in a paid position I believe as CEO. Do you think there would be a queue of dynamic and high quality businessman wanting to take such a role at a Club in our position and with the structure it has (ie part Limited Company/part Members Club).

Dave the Plumber I don't think is paid a salary for his role (I may be wrong). So do people have suggestions of someone who would and could fulfil such a role without wanting to take a salary for doing this??

And what about the rest of the board, many of whom I believe are unpaid (I could be wrong here)?? Do you want the whole lot out (a number of people are using the term The Board in a very generic way)??

These are genuine questions, I don't know the answer or have an idea on the answers!!!
Chigwellian

davei wrote: I hope the current board are not there next season. .
Maybe we should ask for a show of hands regarding a vote of confidence towards the board, or the guy who runs the show - Thommo
Mikins

Alan wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:both great questions

i also would like to know if the academy will be safe once parachute payments are gone.

is benno talks just rumour
There will be no Academy, we are paid 500k a year by Football/Premier League to help run the Academy this is not part of the parachute payments and funding stops immediately.
Think you have doubled the league's contribution, from what I understand to be the case they match us if we put up £250k.
From what I heard the new payment structure from the FL means we'd be getting a big boost on 250, so 500k might be more accurate. (Villa will be making an absolute ton for being shite this year.)
Sorry about your damn luck!
Pondfield Dagger

don't quite understand the Thompson out chants at orient away, the fella has run the show for the last 30 years or so at the club and performed miracles, he don't even live local, he travels for hours just to get to the ground..

he is a qualified accountant, he could earn bundles in the city in a plc, but he choses to be at Dagenham & Redbridge..
dagger4eva

Pondfield Dagger wrote:don't quite understand the Thompson out chants at orient away, the fella has run the show for the last 30 years or so at the club and performed miracles, he don't even live local, he travels for hours just to get to the ground..

he is a qualified accountant, he could earn bundles in the city in a plc, but he choses to be at Dagenham & Redbridge..

Hahahaha yeah all that way from Upminster – what a slag of a journey that must be!!
Diggerthedog

Pondfield Dagger wrote:don't quite understand the Thompson out chants at orient away, the fella has run the show for the last 30 years or so at the club and performed miracles, he don't even live local, he travels for hours just to get to the ground..

He lives in Hornchurch......
NBDag

I don't think anyone disputes all the great work that he has done in the past. I think it's more to do with what he is currently doing and what people think he will bring in the future, as to why they want him out. I suppose a similar situation to the Arsenal fans wanting Wenger gone. Running a club or any form of business is no place for sentiment.
ARNU

Now that we've had our little outbursts can we stop blaming everyone and his dog for the fact that we just weren't good enough this season. The club has been run very well for the last two decades, I see no reason to change much now. Maybe this relegation will make it just a little bit more interesting to watch next season. I suppose if you want cups and success you should ****** off to Manchester United.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

He lives in Hornchurch and is not a qualified accountant. He did used to be the bar manager though, if that helps.
davei

Arnu, it never ceases to amaze me that you can comment "I see no reason to change much now". You actually sound like the board, we are so used to losing, let's just carry on with it....

You comment we were just not good enough appears valid, and I have to ask if that is so, why, and who is responsible for that. The players, the coach'(s), the board, the guy at the gate or the guy selling raffle tickets, someone, somewhere made a decision or decisions that ****** things up. I am sure it was not intentional, no one purposely goes out to screw things up, but, when it happens and it did happen here, people HAVE to be held accountable for their actions or in-actions.

In the last few years, the board has faced 2 major decisions that had a direct impact on the basic fundamental of the club, both coaching issues. Their decision NOT to act decisively on each occasion, has gotten us where we are today and I see no way you can argue with that. Still should have gone sooner years back, and Burnett should 1) never been given a 2 year contract and 2) gone sooner than happened. Significant in-action such as shown DESRVES consequences, or as was pointed out by someone, the definition of stupidity is......

We know for sure JS is only here for one more season, so someone, somewhere within this club should be grooming his successor to take over in 9 months, that is just common sense. I suspect, that issue is not even being discussed and if not, why not...?

Lastly, cups and success are not given, they are earned. In the same way, the money people pay at the gate to watch this club is earned and when those funds are exchanged, the expectation is that they will be entertained with the possibility of a successful outcome for the team they support. The fact our fan base is eroding due to the results is in a large part due to the lack of action noted hereto. There has to be accountability............. or, as I wrote, the definition of stupidity

Oh, I'd back you if you ran for Chairman or any spot on the board.................(I'm cheering for Donald Trump for President too by the way, for which I am receiving a lot of grief so I may not carry too much weight locally)
shoreyda2nd

Things I'd like to hear discussed:
Howell and Doe leaving to then join Boreham Wood - Thommo/Dave
TBS next season and any stadium changes (ie the possibility of walking from the sieve to the TBS bar at half time) - Thommo/Dave
Thoughts on Jodi Jones - Stilly
ARNU

shoreyda2nd wrote:Things I'd like to hear discussed:
Howell and Doe leaving to then join Boreham Wood - Thommo/Dave
We were shit with them players as well,time fades the memory.Im sure I can find posts on here berating them and Bingham for being poor.I will say this,I agree they were probably at their best just before they left.Clearly they hated burnett.
Diggerthedog

Anyone know what the article in the Sun was about today? Apparently an interview with Thommo.
ARNU

When is this fans forum again?