Currie's post much interview

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

Just listen to Currie's post match interview and it's nice to finally here someone telling the truth. He was saying about a lot of our players showing no fight or passion and he's right. It's so frustrating as I know that if the players wanted it more, we have a good enough squad to stay up. Wonder if there will be a lot of changes in the summer based on that
Paul from Barking

The sad thing is that having scuppered our club, they will move in to claim a fat wage elsewhere - they just don't care. Very sad to have listened to that.
Lcbdagger

Genuinely interested to see if any of the current squad is still playing League football next season?

Labadie has the quality but would need a team to take a punt. Doidge has the effort that any team in this league would want but I never get the feeling he will score enough goals to be a first choice player in a team better than our own... cousins has the shot stopping to play wherever he wants but any team taking him on would probably want better kicking and catching from crosses to usurp a current No1.

Anyone obvious that i'm missing? Hoyte clearly thinks, from his interviews, that he can play in a higher division but his career trajectory disagrees... back four and midfield as fairly poor while Cureton is more likely to retire than get another League 2 move.

For a team we all said should have the quality to keep us up, how many are actually League Two or above prospects?
mickeyblue

none and that includes labadie who been relegated before.

obrien will prob get a league club the rest will be bit part players at best.
but we finished 9th!
jag

Totally agree, Darren was right i.e., no balls, one thing I have noticed with our players time and time again this season before kickoff as I walk around behind the practice goal I have constantly seen our players shooting and constantly missing the goal and laughing with their fellow players as if its a joke I actually saw curo miss 3 on the trot Jodie did well and seemed to take it seriously but the rest of them gave me the impression that they were not that bothered. In Stewarts commentary against the Dons last night he mentioned that Scott Doe had been seen in the stand watching this season I wonder if Scott would be interested in coming back?
As I live in East Sussex I just couldn't muster up the enthusiasm to come, however I will still be back to watch the Crawley game to see if as Darren said our players should be proffesional enough to give everything for the club and their own self respect and perhaps to try and score some practice shooting, I live in hope.
Voice of reason

admin wrote:Just listen to Currie's post match interview and it's nice to finally here someone telling the truth. He was saying about a lot of our players showing no fight or passion and he's right. It's so frustrating as I know that if the players wanted it more, we have a good enough squad to stay up. Wonder if there will be a lot of changes in the summer based on that
I saw most of the games up to March so guess I've seen virtually every team in the division
My impression as that we had players of a good enough calibre to finish at least half way
But it was obvious from early on that we had a brittle spirit and were rarely able to respond to setbacks during games
We went one or even two goals up several times but I was always concerned that the opposition would come back
As we know they usually did
I thought JS would be able to change the attitude and outlook but in fact things have continued at least as bad as before
We seem to be League 2's version of Aston Villa
admin
Site Admin

Voice of reason wrote:
admin wrote:Just listen to Currie's post match interview and it's nice to finally here someone telling the truth. He was saying about a lot of our players showing no fight or passion and he's right. It's so frustrating as I know that if the players wanted it more, we have a good enough squad to stay up. Wonder if there will be a lot of changes in the summer based on that
I saw most of the games up to March so guess I've seen virtually every team in the division
My impression as that we had players of a good enough calibre to finish at least half way
But it was obvious from early on that we had a brittle spirit and were rarely able to respond to setbacks during games
We went one or even two goals up several times but I was always concerned that the opposition would come back
As we know they usually did
I thought JS would be able to change the attitude and outlook but in fact things have continued at least as bad as before
We seem to be League 2's version of Aston Villa
Good post. I've seen most of the teams this year and there's a number of them that looked beatable. Barnet twice for example, poor side that made us look daft twice this season. That rung alarm bells for me
stanton101

Good post. I've seen most of the teams this year and there's a number of them that looked beatable. Barnet twice for example, poor side that made us look daft twice this season. That rung alarm bells for me.

Agreed, we also made Newport look like Germany at their place and as for the Cambridge debacle in virtually a hurricane, that just did it for me. I knew then that we had neither the team or the manager capable of sustaining league football. Horrific performances and embarrassing management.
SUSSEX DAGGER

All I can say is that I have heard this all over the Ground home and away all season. Why it has come to the last few game of the season for you to come to that assessment Darren God alone knows. This should have been said 4 months ago instead of the bollocks we have been subjected to.

Ok I get the point that when things are not going right an arm around the shoulders is not a bad thing but it hardly worked did it. We went from one disaster to the next and perhaps a few home truths may have had some effect.
Voice of reason

It doesn't help when there were 4 or 5 changes in the team week to week
There was never a settled team or pattern of play